PDA

View Full Version : Last Nite In The South

Pages : [1] 2

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey so did ne one go to the races last nite down south? They were cool ... until the cops came and my car got hit! haha ya mine was that sunfire that got hit if ne of u were there... but ya i just wanted to thanks all the ppl that helped me and my friends last nite... i don't even know if ne of them are members of this site but if they are hopefully they'll read this... So I think josh might be a member... the guy with the jetta... ya he filled out a witness statement and shit so ya thanks for doin that! And those 2 guys that took all the shit outta my car! At least i have my sub/amp/pedals and all that even though i have no car to put it in ... and mostly thanks 2 jeff... cuz he stayed with us till like 1:30 until my rents came even after everyone left and shit... so thanks a lot guys!

eur0
04-20-2003, 11:27 AM
i was there and holy shit im sorry to see what happened, now you know why a lot of people hate goin there...hope your ok, i heard the guy just pulled infront of u? :thumbsdow

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 11:30 AM
haha ya well it was fun until i got hit... ya i'm okay and my friends are okay... he hit the front of the car so none of us got badly hurt orne thing... ya i was just goin straight and he turned out of the parking lot and hit me... so at least it wasn't my fault but still...

eur0
04-20-2003, 11:34 AM
i bet ur parents were pretty pissed, i walked right up to the car and it looked pretty damn bad, well consider yourself lucky, we went to another spot and 2 hours later a guy ended up rolling his car and hitting a tree, there were 3 people in the vehicle all cut up and they all left...the driver was begging us to give him a ride and there was 1 girl who was in pretty bad shape cause she wasnt wearing a seatbelt but they all fled b4 the cops came :rolleyes: the reason the driver left was because he said he had fake insurance?

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 11:38 AM
ya my parents aren't happy to say the least... when we get the new car or get the car fixed my parents are sellin it... so no more car for me! But ya i'm luckky that no one got badly hurt at all... that really sucks for the guy that rolled his car! Hopefully they're okay!

Ben
04-20-2003, 12:03 PM
you forgot to mention the 16 year old kid who creamed you was drunk and didn't pass the breathylizer.

:rolleyes:

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Ya he turned 16 on january 4th too ... so he hasn't had his lisence for more than a few months... sucks to be him! We got a nice little lecture from the cop about being at a race though haha he was like ya it's no secret what was going on down here tonite blah blah ... it was like ya we know!

finboy
04-20-2003, 12:12 PM
shit, sorry to hear that was your car that got hit, i hear it recieved quite a bit of damage.

eur0
04-20-2003, 12:17 PM
yea the hood was all crumpled, the windshield was messed up too, that airbag must have been a pretty big explosion, it was wierd though it looked like the other car had hit the sunfire really high like on the hood

Melinda
04-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Last night was my first night out in months...Very sorry I came back. Your accident was preventable on all accounts. The retard in the festiva could have not been drunk and therefore not gone infront of you, and you could have also tried to break or steered your car around him...there was enough room and time for you to do both but I'm sure it was a pretty sudden thing for you, especially if you aren't that experienced in situations like that. Sorry to hear about your car, the accident was kinda shitty. :(

I was there for a whole 30 mins and I saw SO much drinking, smoking weed (good lord ppl, 4:20 is not a good enough excuse to the cops) I reported a few license plates of drinking/high drivers (don't worry I made sure it was for sure ;) ) We were getting ready to call it a night when the police showed up. Well running is the freakin stupidest thing you can do so we stayed till everyone left but the accident happened so that wasn't gonna happen. We got flagged as we left and after the cop was done yelling, we got told that there were 2 street racing deaths in edmonton last night as well. All I can say is DUMB DUMB DUMB. Maybe some people will learn some things (Thank goodness race city opens friday)

Melinda

Ajay
04-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Where in the SE was this? I was supposed to go out cause a friend of mine told me about some races going on and he wanted to check it out but we didn't end up going.

Melinda
04-20-2003, 12:35 PM
72nd ave and 52 street SE...right by the tim hortons

Fluidic
04-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Video will be up soon!

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 12:56 PM
ya it was pretty messed up ... luckily none of us got hurt badly ... and the guy that hit me phoned to apologize so that was nice of him at least ya the air bags smelled really bad haha ... good thing i had them though cuz they made it not hurt much! ya i tried to break but it all happened so fast it was crazy! Ya i took pics of my car last nite so i'll post 'em up soon ... it's pretty fucked up!

^SkylinE^
04-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss, Street racing is gay .......unless you just happen to pull up to some light were some one is willing to race ....You go at it have a good race and give the nod when your done!

Seanith
04-20-2003, 01:19 PM
yup you street racers are idiots.
common sense 1
street racers 0

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 01:38 PM
haha ya it's a little dangerous... i'm glad now that i have... well had... a slow ass car cuz if i had actually been racing i prolly would have had a worse accident than i did.

kevie88
04-20-2003, 01:39 PM
jeezus, I don't really have anything nice or constructive to say about this thread so I'm gonna hold my tongue..

Dope Dealer
04-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
jeezus, I don't really have anything nice or constructive to say about this thread so I'm gonna hold my tongue..

:werd:

:rolleyes:

Mr. Papageorgio
04-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
How about... she got what she deserved

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 02:03 PM
k not to sound like a bitch or ne thing but how did i get what i deserved? I wasn't racing i just went there for like 10 min to check it out and see what it was about cuz i'd never been there b4 and I got hit... Ya i know i shouldn't have been down there watching the races in the first places but i don't think i deserved that!

Ben
04-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Papageorgio

How about... she got what she deserved

nah dude, she wasn't at fault whatsoever man.

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 02:10 PM
ya it wasn't my fault at all ... thanks for backin me up man!

LUDELVR
04-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Last night was my first night out in months

Melinda

You lying alcoholic!!! ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hjr
04-20-2003, 03:10 PM
sounds like a shitty night. I didnt think there were that many people that pulled DUI's anymore. I was under the impression that people knew it was extremely stupid. but maybe its just me. am i missing out on some giant stuporus drinking and driving festival?

4wheeldrift
04-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by hjr
sounds like a shitty night. I didnt think there were that many people that pulled DUI's anymore. I was under the impression that people knew it was extremely stupid. but maybe its just me. am i missing out on some giant stuporus drinking and driving festival? Yeah, its called the street races, a magical place where 16 year olds gather with their parents SUVs and luxury cars to get drunk and drugged and extremely stupid, then bitch about the cops coming to break up the "festivities". I hope everyone out there drinking and driving puts their car into a nice telephone pole someplace where they can't possible hurt someone else.

Extc69
04-20-2003, 03:43 PM
all i know is it was not her fault and as far as street racing goes yeah it can be dangerous but hey i've been going out for the longest time since i moved to calgary and it was good it's only recently that these little shits come out drink smoke weed and just in genaral do know how to drive and thats all i have to add in

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 03:48 PM
there were tons of ppl there that were drinking last nite... and smoking up ... and they were all driving... i was kinda suprised too... i thought most ppl were smarter than that! Like none of the ppl racing were drinking that i saw but a lot of the ppl watching were drinking/smoking up and shit

girl
04-20-2003, 04:50 PM
ya i know....i was in the sunfire that was hit too and well ya there are a lot of dumbfucks down there, i hate the ppl that drink/smokeup..like wtf u dumbasses that's not the point! street races are dangerous, but since that was the first one we had ever run into, just stoppin for a few min i dont;' think my friend got was she deserved cuz well, she didn't deserve that at all!!! she did try to avoid it when she saw the car coming, but obviously that didn't work. i didn't realize that ppl deserve to be hit for being curious! :dunno: these things happen....no one really ever deserves it no matter how stupid it was

three.eighteen.
04-20-2003, 05:16 PM
^ haha best name ever ^

girl
04-20-2003, 05:50 PM
oh ya! ;)

VWbloke
04-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Extc69
i also put the blame of that accident partly on the cops if they did not show up noone would be running around most of the close calls i've seen has only been when the cops show up any thats all i have to add in

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read on here.

4wheeldrift
04-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by VWbloke

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read on here. I don't know about that but its pretty damn close.

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 06:41 PM
haha well that is kinda true... like i'm not mad at the cops for showing up or ne thing cuz that's their job and a lot worse could have happened i guess if they didn't show up but it is true that if they hadn't shown up ppl wouldn't have been driving around trying to get away and shit... but ya it wasn't their fault really at all.

hjr
04-20-2003, 06:41 PM
ya, the folks who are actually obligated by law to protect these fucking people from THEMSELVES are to blame. Im thinking no. Some drunk asshole freaks out and hits her car cause the cops came. So? It wasnt the cops who hit her car, and they also didnt feed a minor alchohol then force him to drive. Nothing personal, but you really have an ultra-typical ricer argument. It wasnt the "5-0"s fault. Not at all.

§é××ïé
04-20-2003, 07:01 PM
I feel bad for the girl who owns the sunfire

SinisterProbeGt
04-20-2003, 07:17 PM
heres a video from the races last night including the crash that took place (pic above)
Thx the fd and the www.speedcowboys.com crew :clap:
street races video (http://www.speedcowboys.com/videos/4192003_) :clap:

sexualbanana
04-20-2003, 07:33 PM
at least you're alright.
i assume u've learned ur lesson to stay away from those races?

Redlyne_mr2
04-20-2003, 08:02 PM
I can't believe people still go to those gay ass street races

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 08:03 PM
was the guy a short blonde guy?? if so i might know him

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
heres a video from the races last night including the crash that took place (pic above)
Thx the fd and the www.speedcowboys.com crew :clap:
street races video (http://www.speedcowboys.com/videos/4192003_) :clap:

link dont work

EvilNeon
04-20-2003, 08:11 PM
The fact that it happened at the 'street races' has nothing to do with what happened. The same thing could have happened at a house party that got busted and everyone was bailing. When I worked the bars I saw the same scenario happen almost every other week at closing time.

The people involved weren't racing and no races were underway at the time of the collision. It was simply one assclown who shouldn't have been driving; those exist everywhere.

Saying it was due to the street races is a knee-jerk reaction.

SinisterProbeGt
04-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

link dont work
works just fine

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 08:22 PM
ya exactly it has nothing to do with the races... cuz i wasn't racing and neither was the guy that hit me... ya my car isn't in the best shape right now is it! The guy was wearing a hat i think... he's only 16 ... and the link to the video doesn't work... did u video tape the actual crash or jsut after?

girl
i agree with the neon guy....could happen anywhere, anytime!

and the person that put up the video link...uhhhh.i want it to work! anything u can do to make it work?? :confused:

§é××ïé
was the guy a short blonde guy?? if so i might know him

Short blonde haired kid, looked 14, yes he goes to Cresent.

SinisterProbeGt
04-20-2003, 08:32 PM
and after the show at 54th they all go to tim hortons

HK2NR
04-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by girl
i agree with the neon guy....could happen anywhere, anytime!

and the person that put up the video link...uhhhh.i want it to work! anything u can do to make it work?? :confused:

Right click on the link and save as

Originally posted by §é××ïé

Short blonde haired kid, looked 14, yes he goes to Cresent.

dude looked like he was 12 :rofl:

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 08:41 PM
haha thast my friend :rofl:

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 09:02 PM
were u in the car with him?

girl
04-20-2003, 09:02 PM
aight...thx i'm trying the save as thing...hope it works

poor kid...would hate to be him!!!!!! wouldn't be him, but still

eur0
04-20-2003, 09:06 PM
for the video go "save target as" and rename the extension of the file from .txt to .mpg

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by offlimitz_chick

no sorry i wasn't

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 09:07 PM
does ne one know the persons email addy that actually video taped the thing?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 09:08 PM

i aint that stupid to get in a car with a drunk driver...i was gonna go to the races but i didnt have a ride and stayed home

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 09:09 PM
ooooo ya that's good... his one friend hit his head but the other one was fine other than his arm was scratched... but ya it was not a good nite! but i want a copy of that tape

girl
04-20-2003, 09:16 PM
shit no that wasn't a good night at all...
that damn thing won't work (the video) it doesn't give me the option to change the ending like the .mpg or whatever the guy told me to change it to....i doesn't say anyting just starts downloading andthen says something about it timing out and it doesn't show how big the file is or how long it'll take or anything....oh well
ya i want a copy of that tape too....but then if offlimitz_chick gets a copy then we're set, i wanna see it! haha...:confused:

StraightFlush
04-20-2003, 09:18 PM
First off, good video...I never realized that many people went to the races here in town.

Second, shit...if little 12yr old kids like that are the ones showing up at the races...then I guess I ain't missing much!!

girl
04-20-2003, 09:33 PM
ya i never realized how many ppl went to those! crazy

sexualbanana
04-20-2003, 09:44 PM
yeah, that guy that gets interviewed at the end, i hope he's drunk otherwise he's the biggest fuckin tool

HK2NR
04-20-2003, 09:46 PM
he said it was a cavalier too :rolleyes::D

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 09:46 PM
the guy that witnessed it and is talking bout the kid having a molson canadian and shit?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 09:49 PM
i didnt watch it yet

max_boost
04-20-2003, 10:08 PM
LOL

You guys talk about how street racing is bad and dangerous but yet you still go to them. And it is great to know that an accident happened because hopefully that will teach you dumb morons about the dangers of it! Not to mention getting yelled at by your parents!

You rebels! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RGAGT
04-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks Sam I usally go just to see everyone run When the cops come . Other then that it's nice to check out the cars and waste some time that doesn't cost you anything :banghead:

cipher
04-20-2003, 10:20 PM
http://www.speedcowboys.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1354. thank peter.

2000impreza
04-20-2003, 10:25 PM
i'm not a fan of the saturday night street races... been once... will never go again. imo if you get into a accident down there its your own damn fault..

max_boost
04-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by RGAGT
Thanks Sam I usally go just to see everyone run When the cops come . Other then that it's nice to check out the cars and waste some time that doesn't cost you anything :banghead:

Don't get me wrong. We are all there to have a good time, but kids will be kids, you have to fcuk up a few times before things will get straight in their head. :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
04-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i'm not a fan of the saturday night street races... been once... will never go again. imo if you get into a accident down there its your own damn fault..
Good to see you guys back from Banff and posting again all these little punk asses were starting to turn beyond.ca into the former abcars.net

Dope Dealer
04-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Wow, what a bunch of winners on that video!

:rofl:

FiveFreshFish
04-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Video will be up soon!
Thanks for posting the video for those of us who weren't there.

Originally posted by girl
shit no that wasn't a good night at all...
that damn thing won't work (the video) it doesn't give me the option to change the ending like the .mpg or whatever the guy told me to change it to....i doesn't say anyting just starts downloading andthen says something about it timing out and it doesn't show how big the file is or how long it'll take or anything....oh well
ya i want a copy of that tape too....but then if offlimitz_chick gets a copy then we're set, i wanna see it! haha...:confused:
I downloaded the file and it is 192 megs. To change the file name extension, you have to change your view options. For Win2000, open Windows Explorer or My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View tab, and uncheck the "Hide file extensions for known file types." Now you can rename the .txt to .mpg extension. Just select the file and hit F2 to edit the filename. Might be different for other flavours of Windows.

the guy that witnessed it and is talking bout the kid having a molson canadian and shit?
The witness said the kid driving the car took off with a beer in his hand and "some other little peckerhead" (the kid you see in the video) jumped in the driver's seat and took the blame.

lammer
04-21-2003, 12:23 AM
i can't believe one of those idiots goto my school.

sexualbanana
04-21-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by tbk49
for the video go "save target as" and rename the extension of the file from .txt to .mpg

why the hell is the movie in txt?

Fluidic
04-21-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by cipher
http://www.speedcowboys.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1354. thank peter.

I'm just the messenger -- :angel: -- but you're welcome!

SinisterProbeGt
04-21-2003, 01:18 PM
pic of the rollover on 54th

Ben
04-21-2003, 01:27 PM
oh damn!

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by lammer
i can't believe one of those idiots goto my school.

you go to Crescent???

nosoup4u
04-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Idiots!
fockin ruin it for everybody else.
bullshit aint what it use to be anymore,

lammer
04-21-2003, 03:25 PM

you go to Crescent???

no that one kid that was on the video that was talking to your friend goes to forest lawn.

speedyalero
04-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Hey so did ne one go to the races last nite down south? They were cool ... until the cops came and my car got hit! haha ya mine was that sunfire that got hit if ne of u were there... but ya i just wanted to thanks all the ppl that helped me and my friends last nite... i don't even know if ne of them are members of this site but if they are hopefully they'll read this... So I think josh might be a member... the guy with the jetta... ya he filled out a witness statement and shit so ya thanks for doin that! And those 2 guys that took all the shit outta my car! At least i have my sub/amp/pedals and all that even though i have no car to put it in ... and mostly thanks 2 jeff... cuz he stayed with us till like 1:30 until my rents came even after everyone left and shit... so thanks a lot guys!

Ummm, quick question -- Why were you running when the cops showed up? There is no reason to take off when the police show up unless you are doing something illegal. I mean its too bad your car got totalled and I am glad you are not hurt but you put yourself into that situation.

And yes, I was one of the people clapping and cheering when the accident happened.

calarina
04-21-2003, 04:14 PM
The most a cop can do is ask you to leave, to be honest. That's why when the cops showed up, I sat there watching people scramble to get out of the parking lots. My car may not be the greatest car in the world, but hey, it gets me from point A to point B in one piece, and I don't need IT in more than one piece...

hjr
04-21-2003, 04:16 PM

you go to Crescent???

hahaha :rofl: so you are friends with most of these idiots (festiva boy)??? and what does that say about you? Maybe its time for new friends.

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by hjr

hahaha :rofl: so you are friends with most of these idiots (festiva boy)??? and what does that say about you? Maybe its time for new friends.

yah i am friends with them but NO its not time for new friends because I don't hang around that group..we barely talk like when i see em its like hey wats up i hang out with em occassionaly but thast it..

kaput
04-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Where is this video, I can't find it?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-21-2003, 04:24 PM
yah speedcowboys took it down or something :S :dunno:

ZED_24
04-21-2003, 04:27 PM
yes the kid was 16, yes he goes to crescent, yes he was drunk, my brother knows him and says he drives like a dick all the time. i'm glad he got what he deserved although i feel bad for the girl in the sunfire. it was totally not her fault.

offlimitz_chick
04-21-2003, 04:27 PM
haha in answer to ur question... we left when the cops came because everyone else did and we'd never been to a street race b4 so when everyone else left we were like ok we'll leave 2...

nosoup4u
04-21-2003, 04:32 PM
guess all this camotion is going to flare up the cop to start really givin everyone more trouble.
Thanks for contributin everyone!

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ZED_24
yes the kid was 16, yes he goes to crescent, yes he was drunk, my brother knows him and says he drives like a dick all the time. i'm glad he got what he deserved although i feel bad for the girl in the sunfire. it was totally not her fault.

whos your bro if u dont mind me asking..yah the guy drives crazy around

ninspeed
04-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Gotta loved the owned pict :D

ZED_24
04-21-2003, 04:45 PM
well shit, i mean if people wanna go out and enjoy the races thats your own decision, but once you start coming hammered or drinking while your there, there is absolutely no need for that shit, cause that's when shit happens, and by drinking your endangering everyone around you. i've already had a friend killed dute to a drunk driver, and another one write his car off due to drunk driving. do i miss my friend yeah i do, and if i ever seen the guy that killed him, he'd probably get shitkicked, do i feel sorry for my friend that wrote his car off? hell NO! that's pure and simple stupidity, and there is NO excuse for that. :banghead:

speedyalero
04-21-2003, 05:24 PM
haha in answer to ur question... we left when the cops came because everyone else did and we'd never been to a street race b4 so when everyone else left we were like ok we'll leave 2...

hahahaha, burned by being a sheep. Way to go.

speedyalero
04-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by nosoup4u
guess all this camotion is going to flare up the cop to start really givin everyone more trouble.
Thanks for contributin everyone!

Good, that will only mean less idiots and less rice.

ZED_24
04-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by speedyalero

god, your really a fuckin idiot aren't ya? is everyone that goes to street races retarded or have riced out cars? NO! i didn't think so. and didn't you say you were there? so i guess that makes you an idiot too. and what if someone had been killed in that accident, bet ya would've felt like shit cheering about it wouldn't ya?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-21-2003, 05:31 PM
ppl telling me the festiva boy wasnt drunk

jdmakkord
04-21-2003, 05:32 PM
ppl telling me the festiva boy wasnt drunk

Then he has no excuse. He's a fucking retard!

hjr
04-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Then he has no excuse. He's a fucking retard! :rofl: I saw the vid. that guy is a complete dork. He is a fucking retard. Drunk or not!

girl
04-21-2003, 06:40 PM

Ummm, quick question -- Why were you running when the cops showed up? There is no reason to take off when the police show up unless you are doing something illegal. I mean its too bad your car got totalled and I am glad you are not hurt but you put yourself into that situation.

And yes, I was one of the people clapping and cheering when the accident happened.

ok...1st person: I'm glad u have some empathy in u, but don't worry..someone will cheer extra loud for u when u crash since it's one of those excellent cheering opportunities! :rolleyes:

and well the next thing would be to say wtf would u do if u had never been to a street race b4 and everyone has always told u that u could be fined and shit (and yes i know some of u will say then why the hell did u go at all, but we were down there so we just dropped in for a bit, not a big deal)....we actually left and followed the wrong ppl out of the area cuz it just went to a dead end so we were goin back the way we knew and then bam

sure u think it's stupid that we were there in teh first place, but everyone is curious about things at times....we just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.....crash could happen ANYWHERE at anytime so being there wasn't the problem really...but i know some are stubborn so i'll stop there...open ur mind to the possibilities ppl :dunno:

szw
04-21-2003, 06:52 PM
So the car has been totalled already?? What did the insurance co say about whose fault it was?

They know it was at the street races?

That's shitty.

speedyalero
04-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ZED_24

god, your really a fuckin idiot aren't ya? is everyone that goes to street races retarded or have riced out cars? NO! i didn't think so. and didn't you say you were there? so i guess that makes you an idiot too. and what if someone had been killed in that accident, bet ya would've felt like shit cheering about it wouldn't ya?

Actually no, its too bad the moron in the Festiva wasn't hurt. Would have taught him a good lesson wouldn't it.

The idiots were those who thought that the Street Races would be like the Fast & The Furious and thought that it would be cool to "run for it" when the cops showed up.

Yes, I was there, no I didn't race because there were too many morons milling about and standing on the road. A little common sense goes a long way but I guess that is too much to expect from a 16 year old moron.

Instead of graduated licenses they should just raise the driving age and then the problem is solved.

As yourself why 10 years ago the street races existed but it wasn't a "problem" like it is today......