PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Street Racing is Stupid (duh!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

SpeedStar
04-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Last night I went out to watch the street racing that goes on in the SE industrial area. I must say I've never seen that much stupid and irresponsible actions in my life.

To be honest, at first I though it was pretty cool. Nice cars and people all out to have a good time and share their interest in cars. But as soon as the cops showed up and people scattered, I couldn't believe all the empty liqour bottles scattered all over the side of the road. My group stayed around and waited for most of the people to clear before we made our exit. But just before that, some drunk 16 year old smashes his festiva into a Sunfire. So we move onto the the next spot.

We watched some races for a while, then some idiot starts driving this piece of sh!t old ass Pointiac Acadian like its a super street car. He's racing down a narrow road with 100's of people gathered on the side. Tries to top out his car. But the idiot does this right when a truck pulls out of a driveway. So we see him slam his brakes and then there's a huge cloud of smoke. We all know hes wrecked so the whole crowd of people all hop in there cars to see. Ends up this moron rolled his car with two other passengers in it. And to top it off the dude ditches his car. Takes his liscense plate grabs his subwoofer and starts asking people to take somewhere because he doesn't have legitamate insurance on his car.

After that we left. I kept thinking about all those people who say "keep it on the track". I used to think they were hypocrits who probably went out and street raced or were tight wads with a big carrot up there ass. But now I know they're probably the responsible racers who have the right idea.

I over heard some guys talking afterward at Tim Horton's saying its idiots like the drunks and people who dont know how to drive that ruin the street races for the responsible drivers. I kinda rolled my eyes at that and thought "the only responsible racers are the ones who do it safely and off the streets".

I dont plan on get involved in the illegal races any more. I used to think that they were more exciting than RaceCity but now I know that more exciting isn't better than more safe.

I plan to stay racing at Race City.

I'm sorry for the rant, but if any of you who want to get involved in racing should do it the smart way, and do it off the streets.

Happy Easter.

T5Bird
04-20-2003, 12:42 PM
Exactly! Unbeleivable the retards that go out to the "shows"!:thumbsdow I went to check it out one night, and it was just an accident waiting to happen, keep it on the track not only is it legal but it's safe.

Weapon_R
04-20-2003, 12:47 PM
It's a pretty messed up place at those industrial races...

Too many 16 year olds who think they have something to prove...

The last time I went there(about a year ago), two semis were racing...thats when I stopped. Too gay for me.

CRX crazy
04-20-2003, 01:22 PM
ya i went last night and it wa full of gayness.... but there were some nice cars there like that purple lude' mmm mmm honda goodness,and paul's itr lookin good like always :thumbsup: but people drive like idoiots around there, and thats not cool at all if some little 16 year old hit me i'd probably lose it

90TurboLude
04-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Yeah, the only real good way to street race is just a personal alone thing.. i like to go out when the roads are all clear early morn, or out on the highway type thing and just let loose alone.. you dont care if you take a corner slower than someone else did, kuz its about you and having fun with your car, not about beating some sex-crazed, hormoneized 16yr old driving daddy's beamer...
-MR.luDe

Glowrider
04-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I agree with you that street racing is stupid. But it is fun. I'd be lying if I said I don't race every once in a while. I don't attend organized races that much though anymore. To many "gangsta's" go there now, start fights, etc. I don't need some punk-ass 16 year old "thug" messing up my car because he thinks it's cool to knock a few back before heading out to the hang outs.

My races now are chance encounters in the street, usually.

hjr
04-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by T5Bird
Exactly! Unbeleivable the retards that go out to the "shows"!:thumbsdow I went to check it out one night, and it was just an accident waiting to happen, keep it on the track not only is it legal but it's safe.

there is nothing wrong with 'shows'. if they turn into racing, then thats where it gets bad, but a bunch of people hanging out and chatting about thier cars is really not bad at all. Infact it is quite enjoyable.

THREE40SEVEN
04-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by T5Bird
keep it on the track not only is it legal but it's safe.
Pffff:nut: not with you driving;)

I will never race at the sat night hangouts. Too many morons trying to show off...Drinking? Comon. thats the best fucking idea ive heard so far this year.
I liked how last year people were racing BACK towards the crowd. Real smart:rolleyes:
Grow up.

DSM Power
04-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SpeedStar
Last night I went out to watch the street racing that goes on in the SE industrial area. I must say I've never seen that much stupid and irresponsible actions in my life.

:werd: Someone asked me the other day if I'm going to the "bullshits". All I could say was "Why? It's a bunch of bullshit indeed". :guns:

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 08:51 PM
that was my friend driving the festiva

kaput
04-20-2003, 09:04 PM

lilboykorea
04-20-2003, 09:08 PM
it was my neighbours cousin who got hit... she snuck out her car too
now shes fukkked

Glowrider
04-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa
that was my friend driving the festiva

Your friend is a fuckin' idiot. :thumbsdow

sexualbanana
04-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider

Your friend is a fuckin' idiot. :thumbsdow :werd:

offlimitz_chick
04-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey lilboykorea... whose ur neighbour? i'm the one who got hit by the way .... but ya what's ur neighbours name? i'm guessing tony?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider

Your friend is a fuckin' idiot. :thumbsdow

yah i know:werd:

ecstasyracer
04-20-2003, 09:34 PM
What a surprise that a stupid 16 year old hit someone. The street races used to be good a couple of years ago when the only people that showed up were people that would actually race. And everyone seemed responsible for the most part. I'm scared to see whats going to happen this summer after another "fast and furious" movie comes out and even more idiots go out and try to copy it.

I remember a year ago there was some limo racing with a guy hanging out the sunroof. :thumbsdow

88CRX
04-20-2003, 09:34 PM
:guns: fiesta driver

SoSlowDx
04-20-2003, 09:37 PM
LOL hahaha what a bunch of idiots.

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-20-2003, 09:40 PM
so he loses his license now?? sum1 told me that he said he didnt lose his license but he got 12 demerits

max_boost
04-20-2003, 09:59 PM
LOL

I hope ALL of them get fcuked up!!!

Yah it was a rude comment but like I give a shit! haha

You take the risks, you bear the consequences. You blame no one else but yourself!

missblondie
04-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
LOL

I hope ALL of them get fcuked up!!!

Yah it was a rude comment but like I give a shit! haha

You take the risks, you bear the consequences. You blame no one else but yourself!

That is so true... if they want to act like idiots they deserve to get penalized.. if not they will continue to do stupid sh*t like that again.. not worth risking people getting hurt

bol
04-20-2003, 10:10 PM

:werd:

Redlyne_mr2
04-20-2003, 10:23 PM
I watched that video FD posted what a bunch of losers...

Dope Dealer
04-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa
so he loses his license now?? sum1 told me that he said he didnt lose his license but he got 12 demerits

Ummmm.... If he is 16, he just lost his license.

All new drivers have 9 demerit limit. Wait 2 years, and it is upped to 15 demerit points.

And no, this doesnt have shit to do with the May 20 ruling, this was prior.

max_boost
04-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Ummmm.... If he is 16, he just lost his license.

All new drivers have 9 demerit limit. Wait 2 years, and it is upped to 15 demerit points.

And no, this doesnt have shit to do with the May 20 ruling, this was prior.

And what company would be willing to insure that moron anyway?:rofl:

sexualbanana
04-20-2003, 10:35 PM
there is one thing i like about the races on saturday nites though. . . . . .

i feel much safer onthe roads knowing they're all in one place away from everyone else.

Dope Dealer
04-20-2003, 10:38 PM

And what company would be willing to insure that moron anyway?:rofl:

He is pretty much fucked for life or at least until those points come off.... Which won't be off for a while.

BTW, Take me off your damn signature.

Superesc
04-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Keep it on the track, that's all I gotta say.

CLiVE
04-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
Keep it on the track, that's all I gotta say.

I've never gone, and never will. I'm not willing to take the risk. Someone asked me about the bullshits the other day to. My advice was, steer clear of them.

lammer
04-21-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

He is pretty much fucked for life or at least until those points come off.... Which won't be off for a while.

BTW, Take me off your damn signature.

you aint getting off till you get your car. haha same goes for me. we gotta make sam eat his own words.

and to be on topic. its just a "cool" hang out to be, last year a bunch of kids from my school were like "HOLY MAN I SAW LIKE THIS 5 SECOND ECLIPSE ITS SO FRIGGIN FAST!" i cant' stand that place, i never will show up there.

calarina
04-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Yeah, the races are attracting TOO many people now, and are attracting the younger, and "not so bright" crowd that do stupid stuff. Don't roll your eyes at the fact that they said: "its idiots like the drunks and people who dont know how to drive that ruin the street races for the responsible drivers", because it's true. Those meets are speedcowboys.com meets, and now everyone in the city knows that there's races on Saturday nights. There hasn't been any accidents with speedcowboys members at the races, it's always been some dumb shit head that thinks he's hot, and decides to show off.

The races are just becoming an overwhelming testosterone fest, and because of that, people are doing stupid shit like drinking and smoking up at a public event. Do they think that stuff isn't going to go unnoticed? It's always when there's a lot of people around that dumb shit happens.

It was way better in the winter time when there was only about 50 cars. Less people = less dumb shit = less people to do dumb shit.

As for the accident with the Sunfire and Festiva, that shit hapenned because people ran from the cops like on F+F. You know what? The most a cop can do is ASK YOU TO LEAVE. It's going to be even worse when the 2nd F+F comes out, because we'll get MORE dumb shits coming out from the high schools, driving the car that mommy and daddy bought them and funded, and doing more stupid stuff because they want to be cool like in the movies. One day people are going to learn, we'll see what next Saturday is like.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying the Street Racing is the only way to go, I'm just trying to say that it's all the extra people, outside of speedcowboys (that have no idea that what speedcowboys is) that end up doing the stupid shit at the races. Yeah, there was accidents in the winter time involving cars getting written off, but that wasn't because of street racing, one was caused by black ice, and another, well, was caused by careless driving.

I'm giving up on street racing. 3 write-offs in one night is good enough for me. Although I do enjoy racing, pushing my car to the limit, and hearing the sounds of high-revving race engines goin' at it down the stretch, I'm only going to watch from now on, other than that, it's Secret Street and Race City for me.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but whatever. I shared my opinion, and everyone's entitled to one (or at least last I checked).

Lump
04-21-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm new here - and have never been to these so called "races." After watching the video clip that someone posted, it became obvious that this is more of a 16 yr old hangout/showoff session than a race.

I don't street race anymore (car is a bit too fast for that now), but when I was 16 I had a 12 second car. We kept our drinking to partys and our racing separate. Races weren't a show-off session to the entire high school, it was between 2 cars, no spectators. We would go somewhere out of town and have a quick race and split. The cars were actually fast :rolleyes: and yet I didn't hear of a single accident during my high school years (small town). Word would get around about who beat who etc w/o having hundreds of drunk kids standing around.

How these kids can get excited about racing 20 second cars down city streets is beyond me - it's obviously more about the drinking/drugs than it is about cars...

Lump

jdmakkord
04-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by calarina
Yeah, the races are attracting TOO many people now, and are attracting the younger, and "not so bright" crowd that do stupid stuff. Don't roll your eyes at the fact that they said: "its idiots like the drunks and people who dont know how to drive that ruin the street races for the responsible drivers", because it's true. Those meets are speedcowboys.com meets, and now everyone in the city knows that there's races on Saturday nights. There hasn't been any accidents with speedcowboys members at the races, it's always been some dumb shit head that thinks he's hot, and decides to show off.

The races are just becoming an overwhelming testosterone fest, and because of that, people are doing stupid shit like drinking and smoking up at a public event. Do they think that stuff isn't going to go unnoticed? It's always when there's a lot of people around that dumb shit happens.

It was way better in the winter time when there was only about 50 cars. Less people = less dumb shit = less people to do dumb shit.

As for the accident with the Sunfire and Festiva, that shit hapenned because people ran from the cops like on F+F. You know what? The most a cop can do is ASK YOU TO LEAVE. It's going to be even worse when the 2nd F+F comes out, because we'll get MORE dumb shits coming out from the high schools, driving the car that mommy and daddy bought them and funded, and doing more stupid stuff because they want to be cool like in the movies. One day people are going to learn, we'll see what next Saturday is like.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying the Street Racing is the only way to go, I'm just trying to say that it's all the extra people, outside of speedcowboys (that have no idea that what speedcowboys is) that end up doing the stupid shit at the races. Yeah, there was accidents in the winter time involving cars getting written off, but that wasn't because of street racing, one was caused by black ice, and another, well, was caused by careless driving.

I'm giving up on street racing. 3 write-offs in one night is good enough for me. Although I do enjoy racing, pushing my car to the limit, and hearing the sounds of high-revving race engines goin' at it down the stretch, I'm only going to watch from now on, other than that, it's Secret Street and Race City for me.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but whatever. I shared my opinion, and everyone's entitled to one (or at least last I checked).

Um, "bullshit" is a hell of a lot older than speedmorons is. The streetraces have been around for years, and the speedcowboys just mimic them. As for not wrecking their cars, what happened in cochrane? Or on crowchild trail? Oh yeah, those were just cruises, I guess that means they're safe drivers now doesn't it?:rolleyes:
And why do people bolt when the cops come? Cause most of the little fuckers are drunk or high ass, and mommy and daddy wouldn't be too impressed if their cars got impounder.

CRX crazy
04-21-2003, 10:47 AM

like jdmakkord said, there not "speedcowboy meets" there races, i used to go a couple years ago before F & F came out when they were good and i went last year and they were gay, then last october someone came out with this speedcowboys and now all of the speedcowboy members ( i'm not dissin you calarina i'm just sayin) thik it was there club that started this whole thing and there an elite group that rules the industrial park on sat. nights. NEWS FLASH THERE HAS BEEN RACES SINCE B4 HALF OF US WERE EVEN BORN ask the older members on the boards and they'll tell ya some good race story's.

And as for the drunk 16 year olds, no matter where you go theres gonna be little kids getting drunk and high, it's called the teenage years, even in the stands at race city you have them, they just can't race there cars there thats the only difference, they still get in there cars after watching and drive home.

Ok i'm done now, i'm not trying to get under anyones skin i'm just stating a very clear and true point which is ...... speedcowboys did not start races they've always been there and they always will after all of our age generation stops going!!!!

Superesc
04-21-2003, 10:57 AM

... ok I have held my own opinion on SpeedCowBoys and their "racing meet/cruises" to myself for a while now. But this is it. You guys are freakin idiots. I would think that you guys would learn from all those mistakes by now (the accidents, people getting hit, public complains, excessive racing, etc) and take your driving "skills" to the track, but you guys just don't get it. For the Love of God, and the Safety of everyone in the city, PLEASE hold your own track day and Keep all your accidents AT the Track!!!!

rage2
04-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
NEWS FLASH THERE HAS BEEN RACES SINCE B4 HALF OF US WERE EVEN BORN ask the older members on the boards and they'll tell ya some good race story's.
I used to be an active participant at the Deerfoot Mall Bullshits back in the early 90's. Back when it was about racing, and hot slutty chicks drooling over our cars :poosie:. Then I got married, and they opened up Secret Street at race city, and I grew up. All the real racers are at race city now, and bullshits is just that... Bullshit :D.

EvilNeon
04-21-2003, 11:06 AM
As I said before, it's not fair to pick on the races just for them being the races. That being said there is a certain level of risk that one has to expect when they go to the races, whether they race or not. You must expect that the moron concentration will be higher than usual.

I would much rather see the drunk 'tards get fucked up at the races than have them whipping around streets that have uninvolved people driving on them. Granted the chick that got smoked was totally innocent but, quite frankly, I would rather it was her who got hit at a fairly low speed than have someone completely detached from the situation get plowed once idiot-boy got his Festiva up to a decent speed. It's also a good thing the races exist, otherwise some guys with some very quick cars might be out in traffic racing. There they don't have sentrys or the general situational control of the bullshit races.

As for racing 20 second cars being exciting. Come on, I'm sure you haven't always driving your 'way too fast' car. It's racing the POS beater that makes people want to turn it in to an 18 second POS and then to a 14 second car, etc etc etc.

Superesc
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by EvilNeon
As I said before, it's not fair to pick on the races just for them being the races. That being said there is a certain level of risk that one has to expect when they go to the races, whether they race or not. You must expect that the moron concentration will be higher than usual.

I would much rather see the drunk 'tards get fucked up at the races than have them whipping around streets that have uninvolved people driving on them. Granted the chick that got smoked was totally innocent but, quite frankly, I would rather it was her who got hit at a fairly low speed than have someone completely detached from the situation get plowed once idiot-boy got his Festiva up to a decent speed. It's also a good thing the races exist, otherwise some guys with some very quick cars might be out in traffic racing. There they don't have sentrys or the general situational control of the bullshit races.

As for racing 20 second cars being exciting. Come on, I'm sure you haven't always driving your 'way too fast' car. It's racing the POS beater that makes people want to turn it in to an 18 second POS and then to a 14 second car, etc etc etc.

My question is, WHY specifically hold Illegal Street Racing Meets, when there's a Legal, safer, more Accurate racing events every friday?

RSeXy
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM

Yeah...since when is racing on icy roads during the winter time less dumb?? that's even more stupid than racing on dry pavement.

Calvin...I agree with you 110%...its hard to keep quiet when there are so many mindless idiots on city streets. If it was possible, i'd be ok with street racing if it didn't endanger innocent bystanders...you could let natural selection take its course! :thumbsup:

RSeXy
04-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
My question is, WHY specifically hold Illegal Street Racing Meets, when there's a Legal, safer, more Accurate racing events every friday?

I think its b/c these "children" would much rather spend the 20bucks that it costs to get into race city on beer and drugs *sigh*

calarina
04-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy
Yeah...since when is racing on icy roads during the winter time less dumb?? that's even more stupid than racing on dry pavement.

Let me think. Did I say that we race in the winter? No, we don't. We're not that stupid, so stop treating us as such. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so stop bitching at people and telling us what is wrong and right. There are stupid people out there, yes, and we know what we are getting into when we go out there. A lot of people just go there to hang out with friends, talk about cars, and show off their cars (not by racing).

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of being flamed or put down on almost every post I write, and it's starting to get to me. Everyone is entitled to what they want to say, and if you don't like it, please stop bitching at them. I say that purely as a statement, and am not attacking you RSexy, but directed towards all the people who flame one another out there.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.

sexualbanana
04-21-2003, 11:45 AM

Let me think. Did I say that we race in the winter?

right here

calarina
04-21-2003, 11:49 AM

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see the mention of any "racing" in this sentence... When I say dumb shit, I'm not referring to racing, I'm referring to the stupid kids that get all liquored up, and high at the races. Now that is dumb shit.

sexualbanana
04-21-2003, 11:59 AM

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see the mention of any "racing" in this sentence... When I say dumb shit, I'm not referring to racing, I'm referring to the stupid kids that get all liquored up, and high at the races. Now that is dumb shit.

considering this thread is about the racing, this is what "it" is assumed to be

calarina
04-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Oh well.

Ben
04-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Oh well.

How does your knee taste? Cause you've already gone and swallowed your foot and lower leg. There was street racing in the winter, no ifs ands or buts.

GTS Jeff
04-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Oh well. Yea, um we all know you were referring to racing. Don't deny it.

It's also pretty lame to consider the street races to be a "Speedcowboys" meet. Face it, Speedcowboys is a crew of immature racer wannabes that "streetrace" and have "glow-offs" to be hardcore. How can you be true to the sport when you are more worried about staying ahead of the police than say improving your driving skill?

hjr
04-21-2003, 12:15 PM
righty ohhh. The reason these kids dont go to the track is that it would be a MAJOR embarasment. think about it. hitting a 22sec 1/4 mile time. that isnt nearly as much fun as racing your friend infront of hundreds of people who generally also have 22sec 1/4 cars. But its dumb all the way.

ancient
04-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Calarina has raced at the bullshits on numerous occasions....

calarina
04-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ancient
Calarina has raced at the bullshits on numerous occasions....

I never said I didn't race, I just have decided to not race anymore.

I'm surprised a mod hasn't closed this post yet...

So why are we still bitching about this? This is a public place where a lot of people come to talk about their cars, learn about their cars, and help other people out... So far, this thread has been pretty much just bitching at other people, and that truly isn't what this forum is about. So let's stop bitching, and just settle upon something and that be the end of it.

Street racing is bad, people are stupid, and shit happens. :)

lammer
04-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by hjr
righty ohhh. The reason these kids dont go to the track is that it would be a MAJOR embarasment. think about it. hitting a 22sec 1/4 mile time. that isnt nearly as much fun as racing your friend infront of hundreds of people who generally also have 22sec 1/4 cars. But its dumb all the way.

frankly, if i were to race i would much rather do it at the track even if i had a 22 sec 1/4 time. hell thats what the family van prolbably does but i don't give a damn, you laugh at me because im slow on the track. but i laugh at the people who street race because they are slow in the head..

Blue Devil 2
04-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by lammer

you laugh at me because im slow on the track. but i laugh at the people who street race because they are slow in the head..

hahaha :rofl: :thumbsup:

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 01:33 PM
I agree with SuperESC 100%. You think you guys would've learned by now after all the things that have happened to you guys and all the negative attention you guys brought to Calgary's import scene.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of being flamed or put down on almost every post I write, and it's starting to get to me. Everyone is entitled to what they want to say, and if you don't like it, please stop bitching at them.
Hm... you say your allowed to express your own opinion, so why can't the rest of us? Maybe the reason your being "flamed or put down" in every post is because everyone is objecting to your opinion. My opinion is that organized street racing is stupid, and that these idiots should just take it to the track.

Street racing is bad, people are stupid, and shit happens. :)
what do you mean shit happens? "Shit" could've easily been avoided if you people took it to the tracks.

I'm surprised a mod hasn't closed this post yet...
Why should I close this? I like where this thread is going. I want people to understand why street racing is not condoned. Actually, that video is enough to show people why street racing is frowned upon on this forum. The responsible racers do it in a safe environment where nobody's lives are at risk. I don't understand how you justify it being safe just because you guys aren't drinking/getting high. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you would've known about all the accidents and deaths that occured in Vancouver due to street racing, and all the countless street racing documentaries that we see on TV that show why organized street racing is bad.

Ben
04-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Hm... you say your allowed to express your own opinion, so why can't the rest of us? Maybe the reason your being "flamed or put down" in every post is because everyone is objecting to your opinion. My opinion is that organized street racing is stupid, and that these idiots should just take it to the track.

what do you mean shit happens? "Shit" could've easily been avoided if you people took it to the tracks.

Why should I close this? I like where this thread is going. I want people to understand why street racing is not condoned. Actually, that video is enough to show people why street racing is frowned upon on this forum. The responsible racers do it in a safe environment where nobody's lives are at risk. I don't understand how you justify it being safe just because you guys aren't drinking/getting high. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you would've known about all the accidents and deaths that occured in Vancouver due to street racing, and all the countless street racing documentaries that we see on TV that show why organized street racing is bad.

And there you have it sports fans!

Buh_Buh - 1
Calarina - Sub Par.

calarina
04-21-2003, 01:38 PM

Accidents still happen at the tracks. Just because you take it to the track, doesn't mean that you're going to be accident free.

Everyone's a Hypocrite, and gee, I'm one of them too. There's a difference between objecting an opinion, and attacking someone for what they said.

So, from now on, I'm not a part of beyond.ca, so you can all be happy now.

Fluidic
04-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Get over the idea that SpeedCowboys.com supports and/or even recommends these meets. SpeedCowboys.com is not a club, just a website. Some of the people out there are members of the board, and post up when and where they are going to meet for this event – but we don’t condone such things – yet we don’t moderate such events either. Do you really think all 300-400 of those people on the road on Sat night are from SpeedCowboys? No way -- hell we only have 300 some members and a ton of them are from the U.S. and/or are lurkers. I'm not sticking up for the website (hell no) -- I'm merely setting things straight. :)

Keep it real, keep it fresh, stay alive -- take it to the track.

See everyone at Race City this upcoming Friday!! :D :D

Peter

Fluidic
04-21-2003, 01:39 PM
So, from now on, I'm not a part of beyond.ca, so you can all be happy now.

Were you ever a part of Beyond? See yah.

RCBVtec
04-21-2003, 01:40 PM

:werd: good call man... couldn't have said it better myself.

lammer
04-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

whoa easy there tiger, don't have to me so mean haha. even though i am a bitch to people.

calarina
04-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

I'm sorry, but I really think that was uncalled for. I joined to talk about cars, learn about cars, and maybe even help other people sometimes whenever I could. This board has turned into people putting other people down, flaming people, revenge, and occaisional flame-free post. Out of all the other boards I'm a part of, this one is probably the one that I thought was great in the beginning, but has made me think twice about car clubs, and modifying my car. I don't want to be a part of a group of people that make comments like that.

88 CRX
04-21-2003, 01:43 PM
I'll never go to the industrial races ever again. First and last time I went, some stupid 16 yr. old kid driving daddy's car rear ended my 3 week old mustang. Then tried to tell me he'd fix it himself. Stupid kids!!!!!

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 01:43 PM

Accidents still happen at the tracks. Just because you take it to the track, doesn't mean that you're going to be accident free.
Well, safety precautions ARE taken at the tracks to avoid idiots such to cause accidents like at bullshit. Hm.... when was the last time you heard of an accident happening at SS? How many accidents have there been at BS in the past year? Thanks for coming out. Have fun at Speedcowboys.

And Peter, didn't you START Speedcowboys? And what do you mean they don't support it?? You STARTED speedcowboys, and you MADE the video that was posted!!

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 01:45 PM
but has made me think twice about ..... modifying my car. Then I think we did you a favor!

gpomp
04-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Where's this video...?

§é××ïé
04-21-2003, 01:46 PM

And Peter, didn't you START Speedcowboys? And what do you mean they don't support it?? You STARTED speedcowboys, and you MADE the video that was posted!!

Yes he did but he makes it quite clear on the forum that he DOES NOT promote anything. I'm a member there but I go anyway, I don't go as a "member" I just go for the hell of it. Peter just posts the video's so we can have a good laugh....and if you watch the last one we all had a good one.:rofl:

lammer
04-21-2003, 01:47 PM

I'm sorry, but I really think that was uncalled for. I joined to talk about cars, learn about cars, and maybe even help other people sometimes whenever I could. This board has turned into people putting other people down, flaming people, revenge, and occaisional flame-free post. Out of all the other boards I'm a part of, this one is probably the one that I thought was great in the beginning, but has made me think twice about car clubs, and modifying my car. I don't want to be a part of a group of people that make comments like that.

modifying your car will never appeal to anyone 100%. the only person that it should affect is you. you mod it the way you want it so why would it matter what people say about oyur ride. people will always have diffrent taste and will tell you if your car is nice or not. so why would you have to think twice about modding up your car?

calarina
04-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Well, safety precautions ARE taken at the tracks to avoid idiots such to cause accidents like at bullshit. Hm.... when was the last time you heard of an accident happening at SS? How many accidents have there been at BS in the past year?

I'm just saying the accidents are still going to happen when you do ANY kind of racing whether it be street racing, or track racing. Everyone aknowledges the risks, and whatever "precautions" are taken, accidents will still happen. Even at these street races, we take our own "precautions" to set up Sentries to monitor traffic, and to make sure we don't have more accidents than we do. It's not just a free-for-all.

Say what you want to the above statement, because I know you're going to come back and say "street racing is bad". I already said that, so why not just leave it at that.

And shit DOES happen, and there's no way to avoid it. Even when you're driving down the road, you're at risk of some old person, or young shit head driving into you.

Driving your car is a risk ANYWHERE, and there's no way of getting around it unless you stay in your house for the rest of your life.

modifying your car will never appeal to anyone 100%. the only person that it should affect is you. you mod it the way you want it so why would it matter what people say about oyur ride. people will always have diffrent taste and will tell you if your car is nice or not. so why would you have to think twice about modding up your car?

When I made the statement about modifying my car, I guess that was a misconception. If I REALLY cared about people telling me what they think about my car, I would've burned it by now like people have said.

Fluidic
04-21-2003, 01:48 PM

Bart and I started SpeedCowboys.com -- we are trying to dump the website -- think of it as a virus. Do YOU have the anti-virus software needed to repair things? The video displays nothing much more then an accident and people saying "good job -- way to go to little fucking drunk" -- or are we talking about something else?

Moral of the story -- take it to the track -- because that's where I will hand everyone there ass -- and I will have proof thanks to the time slips!! :D :D lol

Peter

Ben
04-21-2003, 01:52 PM

Blah Blah Blah

Thank you for calling STF University:

If you know the extension of the dept you would like to reach, enter it now. For a list, please remain on the line.

-To Act like a hipocrite and learn how to better manouver your foot into your mouth, Dial 875
-To Bring more police attention to the car scene, Dial 766
-To Find better ways to rattle your car apart with your stereo, Dial 764
-If you think your cool, and need to be told the cold hard truth, Dial 101
-For information on local beauty salons, dial 468
-For A warm Cup of Shut the fuck up, please press 0 and a member of our Customer Service Team will gladly tell you where to go.

Thank you, from STFU Networking.

§é××ïé
04-21-2003, 01:53 PM
.......I think she was just owned.

bol
04-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Well, safety precautions ARE taken at the tracks to avoid idiots such to cause accidents like at bullshit. Hm.... when was the last time you heard of an accident happening at SS? How many accidents have there been at BS in the past year? Thanks for coming out. Have fun at Speedcowboys.

Exactly. Safety precautions are made, they are not perfect, however. Racing is a very dangerous activity, the difference is how you learn that and if you can walk away afterwards.

If I am going to crash my car racing I'd much rather it be into a wall with an ambulance and fire crew ready rather than into a crowd of people with no help in sight.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hit a person, let alone a group of people doing something stupid.

I'm not a hypocrite, I've street raced, I've won, I've lost and I have crashed. It's not worth it. The real racers, the real fast cars keep it to the track because racing is unpredictable and horrible things can happen to even the best of drivers and vehicles.

I'm young and I am fairly new to cars let alone real racing. Life is far too short to risk yours or someone else's over a stupid little race to prove you're "hardcore."

I realize that saying any of this won't change anything, everyone has to learn for themselves. I just hope that when you crash; and you will crash, that you don't take anyone with you.

lammer
04-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben

If you know the extension of the dept you would like to reach, enter it now. For a list, please remain on the line.

-To Act like a hipocrite and learn how to better manouver your foot into your mouth, Dial 875
-To Find better ways to rattle your car apart with your sterio, Dial 764
-For A warm Cup of Shut the fuck up, please press 0 and a member of our Customer Service Team will gladly tell you where to go.

benny, isn't sterio spelt stereo?

calarina
04-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ben

-To Find better ways to rattle your car apart with your stereo, Dial 764

I believe that would be hitting below the belt...

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by bol

If I am going to crash my car racing I'd much rather it be into a wall with an ambulance and fire crew ready rather than into a crowd of people with no help in sight.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hit a person, let alone a group of people doing something stupid.

I'm just saying the accidents are still going to happen when you do ANY kind of racing whether it be street racing, or track racing. Everyone aknowledges the risks, and whatever "precautions" are taken, accidents will still happen. , and Well if organized street racing is so safe because it takes such precautions, then why have accidents happened? And why do you still see no accidents at SS?

to make sure we don't have more accidents than we do.
Uh... I don't know about you, but I think 1 accident is already more than enough.

And shit DOES happen, and there's no way to avoid it. Even when you're driving down the road, you're at risk of some old person, or young shit head driving into you.that's true, but not everyone is driving like a complete jackass on the road so the risk of you getting smoked by some drunk idiot with no insurance on his festiva will be relatively small.

It's not just a free-for-all.That's true, because if it was a free for all then everyone would already be dead. :rolleyes:

max_boost
04-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bol

Exactly. Safety precautions are made, they are not perfect, however. Racing is a very dangerous activity, the difference is how you learn that and if you can walk away afterwards.

I'm not a hypocrite, I've street raced, I've won, I've lost and I have crashed. It's not worth it. The real racers, the real fast cars keep it to the track because racing is unpredictable and horrible things can happen to even the best of drivers and vehicles.

I'm young and I am fairly new to cars let alone real racing. Life is far too short to risk yours or someone else's over a stupid little race to prove you're "hardcore."

I realize that saying any of this won't change anything, everyone has to learn for themselves. I just hope that when you crash; and you will crash, that you don't take anyone with you. :werd: :werd: :werd: X:werd: :werd: :werd:

Regardless how many accidents occur or how many people die, street racing will never end. You kids can race, but better be prepared to suffer the consequences if shit happens.

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Well if organized street racing is so safe because it takes such precautions, then why have accidents happened? And why do you still see no accidents at SS?

Uh... I don't know about you, but I think 1 accident is already more than enough.

that's true, but not everyone is driving like a complete jackass on the road so the risk of you getting smoked by some drunk idiot with no insurance on his festiva will be relatively small.

That's true, because if it was a free for all then everyone would already be dead. :rolleyes:

Everytime I try to make amends, try to end this battle, you end up just dragging it on. You may think everything I say is stupid, but I'm only trying to end something that shouldn't have started in the first place.

WE ALL KNOW THAT STREET RACING IS BAD, STUPID, AND DANGEROUS, SO WHY DO WE KEEP REPEATING OURSELVES? THAT'S THE ANSWER YOU WANT TO HEAR, AND MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID IT NUMEROUS TIMES, SO WHY IS THERE A NEED TO CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION.

rage2
04-21-2003, 02:05 PM
I joined to talk about cars, learn about cars, and maybe even help other people sometimes whenever I could. This board has turned into people putting other people down, flaming people, revenge, and occaisional flame-free post.
Honestly, if you're trying to justify organized street racing being ok, you will get flamed, regardless of what "responsible forum" you're on.

Buh_buh's right, if we can leave this thread open and change the opinions of street racing for just one member, it's well worth it, even if they're going to cry about getting flamed left and right.

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Honestly, if you're trying to justify organized street racing being ok, you will get flamed, regardless of what "responsible forum" you're on.

Buh_buh's right, if we can leave this thread open and change the opinions of street racing for just one member, it's well worth it, even if they're going to cry about getting flamed left and right.

How many times have I said it. Do I need to say it again? Everyong is entitled to their opinion, yeah people will get flamed, and yeah, I'll get flamed for saying that again. But if you're trying to change someone's opinion, isn't that something similar to brainwashing? We're all humans, and we're all independant, and we all make mistakes.

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 02:07 PM

Everytime I try to make amends, try to end this battle, you end up just dragging it on. You may think everything I say is stupid, but I'm only trying to end something that shouldn't have started in the first place.

WE ALL KNOW THAT STREET RACING IS BAD, STUPID, AND DANGEROUS, SO WHY DO WE KEEP REPEATING OURSELVES? THAT'S THE ANSWER YOU WANT TO HEAR, AND MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID IT NUMEROUS TIMES, SO WHY IS THERE A NEED TO CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION. your not making amends. I don't see anywhere in that previous post where you stated that you wanted to make amends. I was merely replying to your response to my thread. I don't think of this as a battle, I'm merely attempting to get through your feeble mind that no matter how you put it, street racing is unsafe. Doesn't matter if your competing or spectating, sooner or later, someone is bound to get hurt (sooner than later)

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:09 PM
I'm merely attempting to get through your feeble mind that no matter how you put it, street racing is unsafe.

Didn't I just say that in BIG BOLD letters that street racing is bad, stupid, and dangerous?

If you failed to see that (which you might of since you didn't aknowledge it), then perhaps you are feeble minded.

To me, it seems like you only see what you want to see. I have made statements like that twice to try and make amends, even though you may not think it is. I am trying to stop this thread, because it's just becoming a big debate about something we already know the answer to; so why are we still talking?

lammer
04-21-2003, 02:10 PM

How many times have I said it. Do I need to say it again? Everyong is entitled to their opinion, yeah people will get flamed, and yeah, I'll get flamed for saying that again. But if you're trying to change someone's opinion, isn't that something similar to brainwashing? We're all humans, and we're all independant, and we all make mistakes.

so if you think going out getting drunk/high or whatever and driving away or whatever and killing people, breaking laws is cool then yeah trying to change your opinion is a good thing.

we are all independant but we will ALWAYS require help. no one can go through life alone. if we all make mistakes why not use someone elses mistake to change the way you do things so you don't end up like them.

Blue Devil 2
04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
:zzz:

someone wake me up when street racing becomes cool.

lammer
04-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
:zzz:

someone wake me up when street racing becomes cool.

give me your car cause you won't be waking up for a long time.

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 02:12 PM
But if you're trying to change someone's opinion, isn't that something similar to brainwashing? Uh... yeah... every single debate or argument I have, its intent is to brainwash the other person into thinking the same thing as me. And one day, I will create an army of Kevin's that will rule the world!!!

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:13 PM
so if you think going out getting drunk/high or whatever and driving away or whatever and killing people, breaking laws is cool then yeah trying to change your opinion is a good thing.

I never said once that I condoned people drinking and getting high at the races. That is something very stupid to combine with driving.

And what about the people that don't partake in the races, does that mean that they're not very bright either? There are a lot of people that come out to hang out with friends, and talk about their cars. It's not just racing that happens, that's mostly what you hear about though, and unfortunately the accidents.

And I have already said that I am not racing anymore, that I am going to secret street with my slow Integra, so why do you keep saying that you are already trying to change my opinion when it already has a while ago?

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 02:13 PM
so why are we still talking? your right. Why ARE we still talking? Didn't you quit beyond?

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Didn't you quit beyond?

Will you stand by while people slam you?

rage2
How many times have I said it. Do I need to say it again? Everyong is entitled to their opinion, yeah people will get flamed, and yeah, I'll get flamed for saying that again.
You are entitled to your opinion. I haven't deleted any of your posts have I?

But if you're trying to change someone's opinion, isn't that something similar to brainwashing?
I'm not putting a gun to your head. I'm not strapping you to any Iraqi torture devices. I'm merely stating that if you attend a street race, you're a retard. That's my opinion. That's a lot of member's opinions as well. As long as you don't feel retarded, it's all good.

buh_buh

I never said once that I condoned people drinking and getting high at the races. That is something very stupid to combine with driving. yet, you still attend these races. I think by showing up every weekend with these same people who drink/get high and drive, I don't know about everyone else but it APPEARS that you are supporting them. Actually, you are supporting them. End of statement.

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:17 PM
yet, you still attend these races. I think by showing up every weekend with these same people who drink/get high and drive, I don't know about everyone else but it APPEARS that you are supporting them. Actually, you are supporting them. End of statement.

How is showing up to hang out with my friends, supporting them when I don't even know them? :dunno:

I'm not going to stop hanging out with my friends because of some stupid shit heads making a bad decision.

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 02:17 PM

Will you stand by while people slam you? yes. yes i will. There are countless people out there who hate me, but does it look like I really give a shit? Why waste time with people who dont like you?

lammer
04-21-2003, 02:19 PM

How is showing up to hang out with my friends, supporting them when I don't even know them? :dunno:

I'm not going to stop hanging out with my friends because of some stupid shit heads making a bad decision.

because if you keep showing up, they will show up.
if theres a crowd for some idiot to show off for he will do it.
he will get drunk/high and do stupid things so that he can have attention.
if you stop showing up there and find a new hang out people will stop showing up slowly.

gpomp
calarina....

GO AWAY

buh_buh

I'm not going to stop hanging out with my friends because of some stupid shit heads making a bad decision. well traditionally, people that regularly attend a specific event states that they support a group's actions.

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
calarina....

GO AWAY

Why. Just because I said I'm leaving? Maybe I should just stay and be a bitch until I get banned?

I will still be around on the boards, looking at things, but I don't think I'll really post much anymore unless I have some useful information to help another member with a problem I may have an answer to.

This thread is full of the same thing over and over again, and I think we all know what that is, so let's not re-iterate ourselves again.

gpomp
04-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Sigh...

Some people just don't know when they lose.

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Sigh...

Some people just don't know when they lose.

Have I not admitted at least a couple times what you have all been preaching to me? Street racing is bad. So I know I've lost, and I've admitted it, but you just won't let it die.

STREET RACING IS DANGEROUS AND STUPID

buh_buh
04-21-2003, 02:25 PM

but you just won't let it die.
[/B] funny how you say that but you keep posting.:rolleyes:

calarina
04-21-2003, 02:26 PM
funny how you say that but you keep posting.:rolleyes:

Like I said, everyone's a hypocrite, and I'm one of them.