PDA

View Full Version : hey ludelvr

redline
05-22-2002, 05:13 PM
I have a BTM in my car what questions do you have?

LUDELVR
05-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by redline
I have a BTM in my car what questions do you have?
Hey man, finally!! Which btm r u running, the one from the fmax kit which is just a btm, or r u using the 6a which is also an ignition amplifier? I have the one from the fmax kit (P/N 8762) and I've been told by the msd techs that I have to buy a CD ignition amplifier in order for it to work. On the other hand, I've been told be other prelude guys that it will work independently of any other unit, this includes the guy that sold it to me who used it for a while before he got a haltech system. Anyway, my unit has 4 wires, red, black, yellow and white. My main questions are:
1) does it matter whether I should hook up the red wire to the positvie terminal of the battery or should I hook it up to a switched power source like the ignition? Will delivering constant power to the unit even when the car is not running create a problem?
2) between the yellow and white wire, which wire goes toward the ecu and which goes towards the coil when cutting the wire on the ignition coil?
3) finally, what degree of retard per pound of boost do u have yours set at?
Thanks man!:thumbsup:

redline
05-23-2002, 10:34 AM
I have a 6BTM but the one you have will work standalone. I lot of people have that.

1) Since mine is a ignition amplifier it is hooked direct to the battery but i do not see an issue either way. It should not be drawing current if the car is off unless there is a short in the unit.

2) not sure off the top of my head. I what to check into this before i say. I will try and dig up my instructions on the weekend.

3) 1/2 degree per pound with 17 degrees base timing.

LUDELVR
05-23-2002, 10:46 AM
sweet man! Yah, if u could get me the infor on the yellow and white wire that'd be awsome!:thumbsup: As for the 12V source, my only concer was whether constant power to it would create a problem, because there is no other fixed signal telling it to turn on or not....unless one of the other two wires does that.

LUDELVR
05-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey redline, I have another question for you, when u installed ur inline fuel pump, how did u wire it up electrically? I have plumbed the inline fuel pump already, but I'm debating how I can wire it up. I'm going to be using a relay but I'm not sure where to get the switched power source from. some people have said to get it from the stock pump signal wire but I'm not sure where to get this from. Is it in the engine bay or is it under the dash? As well, could I just use any switched power source that turns on with the ignition or when the engine is running? Thanks again man!

redline
05-23-2002, 04:30 PM
If you are going to be working on the car alot yourself i would almost insist that you get a helm manual for your car.

www.helminc.com

it is the same manuals that the dealers have. i have one for my car and it has paid for itself over and over again. It was about a $100 to my door.

I wired my inline pump to the factory relay which for my GSR was under the driver side dash. In theory any 12v switched source should work and there is a ton to tap into under the dash.

max_boost
05-23-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
he's WAY too cheap to buy a Helm's manual.
The best he'll probably do is try to persuede me to buy one then borrow it off me everyday.

Yup, thats Ludelvr for you hehe

Ed the SOHC
05-23-2002, 10:06 PM
he's WAY too cheap to buy a Helm's manual.
The best he'll probably do is try to persuede me to buy one then borrow it off me everyday.

or he'll just write a manual himself :woot: :dunno: :nut: :rolleyes: :bigpimp:

LUDELVR
05-24-2002, 02:41 PM

hahahaha yeah, that's actually him too.

Fags!! haha, however, it's already in the works!!:thumbsup:

Anyway, redline, if I just tap it to any 12V source that turns on with the ignition, let's say my instrument panel or something, and I turn my key to the ignition so that I can roll up my windows, will both my fuel pumps turn on, and if so, what will happen to them if they do?

redline
05-24-2002, 03:12 PM
Just make sure that fuse is big enough to handle the load, another then that it should be fine.