PDA

View Full Version : did anyone have this experience ?

k98303
08-21-2006, 07:10 PM
me and my gf had dinner at this chinese restaurant.
she became very sick after the food, i think she got food poison..
can we do anything to the restaurant
im very mad right now my gf is just laying on the bed cuz her stomach hurts like shit. She felt like puking but she can't.
fukin gay
anything i can do wif the restaurant?
thanx guys

RickDaTuner
08-21-2006, 07:12 PM
no unless you can get some proof ie. contaminated food.
But you can call the heath inspector and tell them that you got sick there, they'll do a surprise inspection of the place.

mind telling everyone else the location so we can all avoid it?

GQBalla
08-21-2006, 07:15 PM
yeah you really can't do anything but pretty much what ^^^^ said - i would also like to know which place this is.

k98303
08-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
no unless you can get some proff ie. contaminated food, but you can call the heath inspector and tell them that you got sick thier, they'll do a surprise inspection of the place.

mind telling everyone else the location so we can all avoid it?

for sure
but i don't know what the exact english name for that restaurant is. translation from chinese, it is "Peach Garden" or sth... someone should know what the name is

sigh

szw
08-21-2006, 07:17 PM
But you are fine?

k98303
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by szw
But you are fine?
We ate totally different kinds of combo.i didn't touch her food at all

the name i just asked my frds, i think it is "calgary court" at chinese town. does anyone know what the # for the health inspect place is? i don't want anyone else to have such a bad experience

BlackArcher101
08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
You sound sure that it's food poisoning from this place.... how can you be 100% sure?

But if you are sure... call 943-8034. I copied the other info below just in case.

How to contact us:

Our main phone number is (403) 943-8060 and fax number is (403) 943-8056

If you have a complaint about a food establishment or rental housing, call 943-8095

To report suspected food poisoning, call 943-8034

To register for one of our education courses, call 943-8030

To request drinking water sampling bottles, call 943-8095

To request a health inspection for a food related business, call 943-8096

Our Location:

We are located at 1509 Centre Street SW, Centre 15 Building.
Our office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:15 pm, Monday to Friday.
Please check in at Calgary Health Region reception area on the main floor.

sputnik
08-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by k98303
me and my gf had dinner at this chinese restaurant.
she became very sick after the food, i think she got food poison..
can we do anything to the restaurant
im very mad right now my gf is just laying on the bed cuz her stomach hurts like shit. She felt like puking but she can't.
fukin gay
anything i can do wif the restaurant?
thanx guys

Holy crap I would definately call the health inspector. It looks like the food also ruined your ability to.... :english:

RickDaTuner
08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Holy crap I would definately call the health inspector. It looks like the food also ruined your ability to.... :english:

loller

Zoom_Zoom
08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
go and get her stomoach pumped at the hospital, they will see if the food was contaminated.

glennc
08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Maybe its a personal problem with her, allergies, lactose problems, something.

I had a glass of milk 2 months ago and I crapped my brains out for a week, I was suddenly intolerant to it. Ive had problems up til today with it.

Go get her checked out, and then you can decided whether or not its their food.

No sence putting blame on a restaurant when it might be her body rejecting something?

eur0
08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
yea, going to a hospital and getting tested is important...my mom blacked out and had a rollover, but unfortunately it was too late and the results came back negative (first 48 hours or something)

k98303
08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
thanks for the info guys

she didn't eat anything all day except the food from that restaurant. Where else can it come from?
allergies nah...she had that same food for many times b4..there was never anything wrong. it is just curry porkchop with rice.

thanx for the number BlackArcher101 :thumbsup: i will call the inspect for sure. a health inspect for that restaurant is absolutely necessary.

max_boost
08-22-2006, 12:04 AM
This sounds like an isolated incident. Health Inspector is going to show up for an inspection, give a couple warnings and that's about it. I've heard of a lot of weird stories about Calgary Court over the years, who knows whether they are true or not. I've never had a problem in my 10 years dining there. Calgary Court FTW for me.

Anyway, hope your gf has a speedy recovery, food poisoning sucks!

k98303
08-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
This sounds like an isolated incident. Health Inspector is going to show up for an inspection, give a couple warnings and that's about it. I've heard of a lot of weird stories about Calgary Court over the years, who knows whether they are true or not. I've never had a problem in my 10 years dining there. Calgary Court FTW for me.

Anyway, hope your gf has a speedy recovery, food poisoning sucks!

thanks! gf is much better now!

i've heard there is ghost in the washroom....:nut:

eblend
08-22-2006, 12:27 AM
I ate at calgary court last week without any problems at all. Also ate there few years back without a single incident. The place may look a little sketchy, but what doesn't in chinatown. I never had problems there so it may have been an isolated incident or just a combination of a bunch of other things.

by the way, got any info on this ghost u speak of? sounds kinda creepy and exciting

k98303
08-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by eblend
I ate at calgary court last week without any problems at all. Also ate there few years back without a single incident. The place may look a little sketchy, but what doesn't in chinatown. I never had problems there so it may have been an isolated incident or just a combination of a bunch of other things.

by the way, got any info on this ghost u speak of? sounds kinda creepy and exciting

lol i don't know. my female frds said they would never go to the washroom because by the washroom there is a door with a little circle window on it.. and they claimed to see a face looking at them from inside that circle window door. I heard another one that some girl went downstairs to the washroom and saw an old lady.. and she asked her 'where can i buy cha siew buns (bbq buns) and then that girl was like.. i dunno. then all the sudden the old lady dissapeared and the girl screamed and ran back upstairs.. and how i was talking the door with the circle window.. ppl ate there b4 its like a room but they said someone died in there so they closed it up.. so yea just what ive heard. i don't know if they r true or not.:dunno:

GQBalla
08-22-2006, 04:05 AM
werd heard many ghost stories^^^ but i usually just eat and leave - calgary court always gives people food poisoning

Kritafo
08-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I have been eating at Calgary Court for year and not once had a problem with food poisoning or ghosts. Although the walk down the washroom is icky! But they brightened that up with some lights. The room downstairs was used during lunch time and dinner times when they were packed. I think it's mainly used for storage now. I think they once did Karaoke down there as well...

anyhow...hope your gf feels better. Food poisoning sucks!

Kritafo

Rav4Guy
08-22-2006, 01:51 PM
glad she's fine... though it can really be from anything.

"peach garden" LOL. I'm guessing you're a CBC... :rolleyes:

dezmarez
08-22-2006, 01:58 PM
how long after she ate did she start to feel sick?

k98303
08-22-2006, 11:13 PM
she said she felt so cold right after she had some of the food. After she had about half of it, she said her stomach hurts like shit and her face turned into super white..

all the ghost stories were from my female friends...but yea, even me don't want to go down to the washroom if it is really necessary. it is just weird there..

im not cbc. im FOB :burnout:

BoS_DC2
08-23-2006, 01:29 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with calgary court. I've ate there a couple times.. Sometimes I do get stomach aches from other chinese restaurants but it's just me. Probably same thing happened to your gf.

gp36912
08-23-2006, 01:35 AM
:D i eat at calgary court all the time. i still havn't had anything like that happen :D good to hear that your gf has recovered but i dunno what you would be able to do about it

sh0ko
08-23-2006, 09:54 AM
lesson learned.. dont eat chinese food in calgary.. its crap and expensive haha!!

rage2
08-23-2006, 09:57 AM
lol i don't know. my female frds said they would never go to the washroom because by the washroom there is a door with a little circle window on it.. and they claimed to see a face looking at them from inside that circle window door. I heard another one that some girl went downstairs to the washroom and saw an old lady.. and she asked her 'where can i buy cha siew buns (bbq buns) and then that girl was like.. i dunno. then all the sudden the old lady dissapeared and the girl screamed and ran back upstairs.. and how i was talking the door with the circle window.. ppl ate there b4 its like a room but they said someone died in there so they closed it up.. so yea just what ive heard. i don't know if they r true or not.:dunno:
Chinese bitches are all fucked in the head. :nut:

dezmarez
08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
just cause if its food poisoning
it usually doesnt take effect untill 24 hours after the food has been eaten
so if she was feeling sick as soon as she ate the food
chances are it wasnt food poisoning

dragonone
08-24-2006, 02:25 AM
whether or not this case is food poisoning is still in the air, but the first thing you should've done is go to the hospital etc. for proof
if diarrhea comes and it comes only once, you won't have any proof
perhaps there's a complaint collection policy that accumulates as well

that place has been complained about more than several times, and it was almost shut down because it failed to display some notice regarding a health inspection

i've had too many friends eating there and gotten sick, including myself. i don't know if it's b/c i was born in an asian country and i have a tolerance for these kinds of things, but look at how many ppl is there everyday, not many being caucasian. even tho i share the same sick experiences, somehow the percentages are too low or their owner sure knows how to get around them

Si_FlyGuy
08-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez
just cause if its food poisoning
it usually doesnt take effect untill 24 hours after the food has been eaten
so if she was feeling sick as soon as she ate the food
chances are it wasnt food poisoning

I believe that's a myth. I have been diagnosed with food poisoning in as little as 4 hours after.

szw
08-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by dragonone

i've had too many friends eating there and gotten sick, including myself. i don't know if it's b/c i was born in an asian country and i have a tolerance for these kinds of things, but look at how many ppl is there everyday, not many being caucasian. even tho i share the same sick experiences, somehow the percentages are too low or their owner sure knows how to get around them

This paragraph makes little to no sense.

k98303
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
just don't go calgary court guys..the food is cheap and u get soup and drink which is gd...but the kitchen is really dirty there...

That.Guy.S30
08-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy

I believe that's a myth. I have been diagnosed with food poisoning in as little as 4 hours after.

actaully thats what the doctor told me as well. it takes around 24 hours for food poisoning.

virus's could also have the same symptoms as food posioning.

izzoblitzo
08-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Which restaurant was the one where supposedly the staff put poo in the food or something like that?

that's enough to make you wanna eat at home. :eek:

DeeK
08-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
Which restaurant was the one where supposedly the staff put poo in the food or something like that?

that's enough to make you wanna eat at home. :eek:

Never heard about that...

I did hear about this one vietnamese restaurant downtown that got busted for putting crack in the soup. That place was ridiculously busy from all the business people at lunch all hooked on their soup.

Soup junkies...

msommers
08-26-2006, 01:17 PM
http://richard.meek.home.comcast.net/SoupNazi.JPG

5hift
08-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

Never heard about that...

I did hear about this one vietnamese restaurant downtown that got busted for putting crack in the soup. That place was ridiculously busy from all the business people at lunch all hooked on their soup.

Soup junkies...

:bullshit:

Crack in the soup? Reminds me of noobs that think their weed is laced when they get too high. It doesnt make sense to lace a food or drug with another drug. Drugs are all about profit and lacing one drug with another on the down low doesnt improve profit. Lacing food with expensive drugs also, may make for a reliable clientelle base, but unless they are charging $30 for a bowl of soup I dont see them doing anything but losing money.

Ariakas
08-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Calgary Court did get fined by health inspectors before, they cleaned it up quite a bit. I used to see crockcroaches crawling on the wall while I was eating there.

k98303
08-29-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Ariakas
I used to see crockcroaches crawling on the wall while I was eating there.

wow :eek: do u still go?

Ariakas
08-31-2006, 11:29 AM

wow :eek: do u still go?

Occasionally.