PDA

View Full Version : Sciroccos any good?

Edalgo
08-22-2006, 12:41 AM
My bro has an '85 MK2 8v Scirocco and he's offered to sell it to me for around $1000. Is this a fairly decent first car?

See I dont know to much about cars (my family has always been too poor to afford anything better than a POS '85 camry and chevy astro) and I want to learn as much as I can. If you were in my position (20 year old entering college in september) would you take him up on his offer and spend the rest of the money on a nice system, addons, or would you get a different car altogether?

nonsane
08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Nope, it's a horrible car, contact me and I will dispose of it for you...

Okay i've always wanted a scirocco. So if you're not interested i'll have a look :P

Vw's are pretty easy to work on and the older ones are reliable.

MrSector9
08-22-2006, 09:50 AM
same here.. i will gladly dispose of it :)

I woudlnt spend the money on a system right now, i would get everything that needs to be/should be fixed that way it will be good the whole time your in school this season.

accord885
08-22-2006, 09:52 AM
the 16V is better but if the 8v is in good shape, no rust ect. should be a great ride.

DeeK
08-22-2006, 09:58 AM
For sure, the scirroco's are great cars. I would not put your money into Bling or stereo or crap.. Just keep it stock for the first bit until you get adjusted to the car. Take care of it and it will treat you nicely, just like almost all VWs.

MrSector9
08-22-2006, 10:08 AM
there is an orange one across 68th from me. at least from here i think it is a scirroco.. either way it looks sexy.

Edalgo
08-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys youve made my decision a hell of a lot easier to make. Im gonna get this baby back into perfec shape (its been outside for a couple winters, covered of course) and hoepfully I should be cruisin in no time.

raptor_20
08-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I've owned 4 sciroccos and they've all treated me very well and I have 1 now that's my daily driver. I love it. It handles really well and with it having an 8V it means I can find engine parts out at pick when I need them. Body parts or tougher to come buy but if you find a couple of folks who have them they usually have a bunch of spare parts around myself included. Enjoy the car and if you need helpPm me or hit www.vwvortex.com and check under the scirocco forum and they are always willing to help out newbies. cheers and enjoy.

Edalgo
08-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the link Raptor!

DeeK
08-24-2006, 10:04 AM
You can also try:

http://www.clubveedub.com
http://www.eurodrivers.ca