PDA

View Full Version : Silly Sunfire, you only need one!!

Grip172
08-22-2006, 03:28 PM
i'll keep my comments to myself

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/Grip72/loser.jpg

Cornfed
08-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Theres also one like that down in Lethbridge. He also has 4 exhaust tips, 2 of which are not connected to anything, just hanging there. It was funny when I saw him driving one winter and exhaust was only coming out of one side :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
08-22-2006, 03:32 PM
They need two spoilers or the dual exhaust will look totally out of place. And don't tell me they don't have true dual exhaust just because there is only one exhaust manifold. It's real, you just don't understand the engineering of a true performance engine. Fucking newbs.....

Honda_002
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM
i saw this car on 16th, what a joke:rofl:

adam c
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
haha i saw that car too

also there is a yellow one that i saw at deerfoot mall that looks like that too

the_new_santa1
08-22-2006, 03:49 PM
^Omg it is domestic RICE!!!!!!!

Mitsu3000gt
08-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Haha 2 wings, thats pretty good. I doubt that car could even reach a speed where having even a functional wing would matter, and if it did, it would likely fall apart. I drove my cousin's a long time ago and every time I moved the shifter, the entire POS plastic center console moved around quite a bit. I guess that's why you can pick up a 2000 model for ~$4000.

Yesterday on my drive home I saw a guy with an old beat up red Ford Bronco that had written on the back window in letter stickers (the kind you might use to put your phone nubmer and "for sale" on the glass) "To all you boys who drive sunfires/cavilers, you go girl"

I thought that was fairly amusing that someone would write that on their car. It is just about the most feminine car I can think of. Volkswagen beetle's and cabriolet's are probably on the same level for chick cars too, but the sunfire/cavilier is probably the top IMO.

There are a few totally done up cavilier's and sunfires in the city and every one that I have seen has looked absolutely atrocious and had rims worth probably 3 times what the car is worth. People also seem to have a tendency to put super loud exhausts on them. If I were them I would do everything I could NOT to attract attention to myself. Especially if I had 2 wings haha.

acura_el
08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by the_new_santa1
^Omg it is domestic RICE!!!!!!!

:rofl: i believe u mean "fries"

Sharpie
08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
What are you driving a 4 door sunfire?

HRD2PLZ
08-22-2006, 04:21 PM
haha I have seen that car around. I have actually seen quite a few Sunfires with 2 spoilers :rofl:

the_new_santa1
08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by acura_el

:rofl: i believe u mean "fries"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Drew
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
If I were them I would do everything I could NOT to attract attention to myself. Especially if I had 2 wings haha.

I had a sunfire as a rental car....it was good for one thing only, trying to do 360's and not feeling bad about beating the shit out of it.....and for the record i only made a 270....

Grip172
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
What are you driving a 4 door sunfire?

haha YES:D
i have no ride right now so i use th moms haha

avow
08-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Yesterday on my drive home I saw a guy with an old beat up red Ford Bronco that had written on the back window in letter stickers (the kind you might use to put your phone nubmer and "for sale" on the glass) "To all you boys who drive sunfires/cavilers, you go girl"

oh my goodness, i saw this guy two about 3 days ago on glenmore. made me laugh so hard i almost shit myself. and yea i see this car all the time up in the northwest. its hard to pass him and not point at laugh... :S

Mitsu3000gt
08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Drew

I had a sunfire as a rental car....it was good for one thing only, trying to do 360's and not feeling bad about beating the shit out of it.....and for the record i only made a 270....

Haha nice job, I like that. Next time try for a 540.

M_K_3
08-22-2006, 11:18 PM
YAYAYA most pimped out thing ...........................

ok im stupid sorry :( i just wounder what people think when they go out and spend money on these things? like WTF is wrong with people! but then i guess we have nothing to laugh at ahhaha

Ichigo
08-22-2006, 11:42 PM
I believe that setup will actually create more lift than downforce.

M_K_3
08-22-2006, 11:48 PM
i think he wants to go with the grand am to the moon hahahahah

crazydriver
08-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by M_K_3
i think he wants to go with the grand am to the moon hahahahah

^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PraviYugosloven
08-23-2006, 12:12 AM
hahaha seen this guy around a few times lol!!!

Crymson
08-23-2006, 08:44 AM
You guys can make fun all you want, but of all the disgusting applications of the supra style spoiler in the late 1990's, it actually fits with the sunfire's styling quite well.

I mean, how many times have we seen it on the back of 88 accords, or stuck to the rear end of a 4 door civic, looking like a big round tumor.

It's unfortuate that the supra style spoiler is a "ricer cliche" now, because, I saw a few sunfires with this setup in the mid to late 90's and I thought that it was the best looking aftermarket spoiler for the car at the time.

ex1z7
08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Crymson : C'mon, you can't possibly say the 3g accord looks bad with a supra style whale tale. The round spoiler on the square body of the 3g just fits perfectly. C'mon.

.... how hard is it to take that little spoiler that comes on sunfires off ?

....And I'll admit that I've seen a few done up cavaliers that I thought looked pretty nice.. Although Neons/Sunfires with any type of mods make me laugh uncontrollably, the same for cavaliers, but I think cavaliers (old and the newer) look cool. Not the ones with the stupid..tear drop headlights ?

:zzz:

4doorj
08-23-2006, 09:05 AM
well.... sometimes sunfires and cavaliers can be done up nicely... my friends sunfire which is twin charged is sweet!!!!:burnout:

Crymson
08-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I agree actually, I kind of liked the styling of the last cavaliers, it's just a shame when they become belly-buttons.

The problem with anything "cool" is that it runs the risk of becoming popular.

Everyone prides themselves on being an early adopter of something cool, but the chic among us will be the first to denounce it's virtues once it's becomes popular. Just like all the music fans who drop a band once it becomes mainstream or "i liked them when they were indy".

The trend continues with today's latest fads for cars as well. Euro and atezza lights are now a faux pas, 3 spoke rims have gone the way of the dodo. How many people, in 5 years time will denounce their drifter cars, or their JDM spec parts once that fad is done too? It's all relative.

Looking the guys sunfire, it seems tasteful, and clean.

I'm sure if everyone on beyond was forced to post a picture of their car before they were allowed to post, 75% of us would get luaghed at.

JRSC00LUDE
08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
well.... sometimes sunfires and cavaliers can be done up nicely... my friends sunfire which is twin charged is sweet!!!!:burnout:

I didn't know that "dual" exhaust was sunfire-ese for twin charged.

4doorj
08-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I didn't know that "dual" exhaust was sunfire-ese for twin charged.
i dont mean dual exhaust
i mean turbo and superchager

JRSC00LUDE
08-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Ahhh and the art of sarcasm has been lost on yet another poor lost soul......:D

Chester
08-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

i dont mean dual exhaust
i mean turbo and superchager

That Freebs?

4doorj
08-23-2006, 10:34 AM
^yup yup!

GOnSHO
08-23-2006, 10:52 AM
that sunfire lives in dover, like 4 blokcs away from me, ive told her to take one off a couple times

Graham_A_M
08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Did you see the other Sunfire with dual spoilers? they were both the stock OEM type.. one was just higher mounted then the other.. it was frickin awful looking. 4 brake lights.. that was cool:nut:

Herb
08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
doesn't freebs have 2 spoilers?

Mitsu3000gt
08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
How do you both supercharge and turbo something?

ashee
08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
haha good picture =) where was that??

Sharpie
08-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ashee
haha good picture =) where was that??

Calgary

msommers
08-23-2006, 08:23 PM

Well I would imagine both types would be welded into one intake pipe. The supercharge just needs a belt and the turbocharger needs the exhaust manifold. Seems possible but why! On a sunfire!

Chester
08-23-2006, 10:53 PM

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116546

kerry
08-25-2006, 01:05 AM
omg omg omg omgzZ!!!!!!!!!@!@@$@25%$@!24

He has OVAR 50000RWHP That's why he needs 2!!!!

But seriously..... worst ever... =)

b_t
08-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Chester

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116546

That car is going to be so bitchin when he finishes it

Aleks
08-25-2006, 07:01 AM
I've seen 05+ RSX's with the same deal. Stock factory lip spoiler on the back with a Type R spoiler on top. Same thing right?

nonsane
08-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Crymson

The problem with anything "cool" is that it runs the risk of becoming popular.

I did it before it was cool...

okay indie rocker crymson!

Crymson
08-25-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if you're making fun of me or not... But we all know people who live by the motto of being cutting edge without compromise.

I for one, am not one of those people. I'm well on my way to being the guy with the camaro and the mullet rocking out to Van Halen, not noticing that 2 decades has passed.

nonsane
08-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
I'm not sure if you're making fun of me or not... But we all know people who live by the motto of being cutting edge without compromise.

I for one, am not one of those people. I'm well on my way to being the guy with the camaro and the mullet rocking out to Van Halen, not noticing that 2 decades has passed.

Then you'll be the only person in the 70's with a supra wing on your camaro

Crymson
08-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by nonsane

Then you'll be the only person in the 70's with a supra wing on your camaro

No, but i would have louvers and T/A's on it. Because it fits the car's styling.

benyl
08-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I've seen 05+ RSX's with the same deal. Stock factory lip spoiler on the back with a Type R spoiler on top. Same thing right?

Not it isn't the same. The RSX is a Honda and therefore it is cool to have one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All these domestic haters on here...

Drew
08-25-2006, 12:39 PM
http://www.spc.org.uk/peugeot/i/206-wrc-2003-02.jpg

If your gonna have 2 spoilers, a double decker or whatever, it better look nice AND be functional

3g4me
08-28-2006, 10:32 AM
^ that dosent look good IMO

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-04-2006, 11:15 PM
i've seen the sunfire parked at the sait lot... the $4 one outside

ZorroAMG
09-05-2006, 12:49 AM
here's the skinny on that situation....my friend had a sunfire when i was in 1st yr....the factory spoiler leaves major holes and kids that cannot afford to remove, fill and re-spray the trunk, apply the supra wing to the trunk with the oem still attached.....basically, ghetto modding at its finest.

Freebs
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM

easy i have had running for 5 months now daily driven... dynoed at 230whp @7psi from 4000rpm-7000 rpm with the biggest s/c'er pulley i can put on the s/c'er next size down (stock) puts it @ 230whp @7psi from 3200rpm -7000 (and touched into the 300s @10psi but stock bottom end wouldnt last to long)

to bad i was hit by a drunk driver in it 2 weeks ago

turbo feeds into a Roots supercharger (positive displacement unit) s/c'er gives me instant boost while sucking air threw the turbo as well as pushing it threw spoooling it quicker and giving a bigger top end and a more use full power band... and able to use a bigger turbo which would give normaly poor low end but good top end on a 2.4L engine... ( T3/T04E 60 trim .63 AR)

here is an engine pic

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/824/43bp.jpg

and yes i think my car was mentioned in here about double spoilers sun fire in the NW and such... that would most likly be me and whats your point?

to me this looks taste full... to others maybe not but you dont see me bashing other peoples rides...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/641/r6andsunfire3ip3.jpg

SilverBoost
09-05-2006, 09:29 PM
^^^^

Hey man, not that it's costing you any sleep at night anyway, but who cares what a bunch of people on some internet forum say about your car anyhow. You have to remember that to some people, this forum is thier only communiction with the outside world. If you like your car man, that's all that matters. I mean, it's not my taste, but who gives a fuck, it ain't my car. I mean there was a post about that pontiac last week with the 7 different hood ornaments and stuff, but that was just plain stupid and the person who put it together, I'm sure was going for that.

The Cosworth
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Haha 2 wings, thats pretty good. I doubt that car could even reach a speed where having even a functional wing would matter, and if it did, it would likely fall apart. I drove my cousin's a long time ago and every time I moved the shifter, the entire POS plastic center console moved around quite a bit. I guess that's why you can pick up a 2000 model for ~$4000.

I thought that was fairly amusing that someone would write that on their car. It is just about the most feminine car I can think of. Volkswagen beetle's and cabriolet's are probably on the same level for chick cars too, but the sunfire/cavilier is probably the top IMO.

There are a few totally done up cavilier's and sunfires in the city and every one that I have seen has looked absolutely atrocious and had rims worth probably 3 times what the car is worth. People also seem to have a tendency to put super loud exhausts on them. If I were them I would do everything I could NOT to attract attention to myself. Especially if I had 2 wings haha.

a pretty girly car is the mazda precidia mx3 or whatever it is... ewww

xrayvsn
09-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Meh, my spoiler has its own spoiler. I also drive too slow to generate any downforce with either of them. STi rice FTW:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/WRX06vanespoiler1.JPG

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
^^^^

Hey man, not that it's costing you any sleep at night anyway, but who cares what a bunch of people on some internet forum say about your car anyhow. You have to remember that to some people, this forum is thier only communiction with the outside world. If you like your car man, that's all that matters. I mean, it's not my taste, but who gives a fuck, it ain't my car. I mean there was a post about that pontiac last week with the 7 different hood ornaments and stuff, but that was just plain stupid and the person who put it together, I'm sure was going for that.

:werd:

I love pretty much any automobile that doesnt make me want to puke. Honeslty, i like rice, as long as its not... well...

http://www.subiegal.com/images/events/WA%20Rice/summer2005/honda-ricer.jpg

I like body kits, i do like spoilers (but not like that...) i dont even mind altezzas... but usually when you get the biggets spoiler, the biggest body kit, and the cheapest altezzas your screaming for a hazzing.

Personally i like josh's sunfire. Theres a few sunfires out there that i really REALLY like. Dax's sunfire has a sick body kit and his car is turbod.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/360000-360999/360289_159_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/360000-360999/360289_164_full.jpg

I love it cause it looks DIFFERENT

Kobe
09-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Cleaning my pictures i noticed this

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5385/img008eg6.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img008eg6.jpg)
This was taken prob a year or 2 ago..