PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Buy Dishwasher

dieselpower91
08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
I am looking for a new dishwasher.

I have been to all the usual places. Sears, Bay, Trail, Brick, Leons, Coast. What other places are there?

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with any places? any places with great pricing?

I found Coast to be the best bet so far.

djayz
08-23-2006, 04:20 PM
we just bought a new one from futureshop

after shopping at the brick, sears, leons we found futureshop to be the easiest to work with because you could talk down the price.

the brick was way to sticky they wouldnt budge a dollar
leons service was crap they just kept showing us stuff we didnt want
sears was okay but prices were a little high

trail appliances is a good place to go a friend bought a whole kitchen set for under 3grand from the damaged department and the only thing wrong with the items was the stove was scratched on the side and the fridge had a mini dent on the front nothing major.

TrevorK
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Have you looked at Costco?

They're prices always seem decent, and it's all brand name stuff.

If you're just looking for low-end, no name stuff, Futureshop has the Haier brand that will probably be the cheapest you'll find at any of the major stores.

dieselpower91
08-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Looking for something that will be last and will be quiet and actually clean. I have narrowed it down to pretty much the Maytag Quiet Series 300.

I wonder if its a bad idea to upgrade to stainless when that will be the only stainless appliance for a couple years.
I eventually plan to upgrade the stove and fridge. but that will be in 2+ years.

Definately don't want a cheap piece of crap. I am looking to spend around or preferably under $600.

Anyone know anything about the Brick house brand 'Brada'?

I found Trail, Sears & The Bay were all expensive. Most places didn't even bother to ask if I needed help or acknowledge me. I don't know if thats normal or if its an age thing. The guy at Leons just stood there and stared at me. Didn't even Say hi or anything.

I was impressed by the salesperson at Coast. She was very friendly and gave me some good advice.

I will have to take another look at Costco. I did take a quick look but I only saw 1 or 2 different models. Do they have more usually?

hb2k
08-23-2006, 10:00 PM
i would check costco to see if they have what u want like Trevork said. but dont expect to get any service there (info wise). so pretty much just go there knowing what u want and see if they have it. The store at Deerfoot meadows has a good selection of appliances last time i was there.

and BTW i would go with stainless steal. they look badass :thumbsup:

djayz
08-24-2006, 12:04 AM
get stainless steel interior for sure it stays so clean and smells fresh all the time

also try to get a tall tub design lots more space and you can put big things inside.

HiSpec
08-24-2006, 01:21 AM
our lead engineer just bought a washer and dryer from this furniture place for like half the price of the retail.
Reason: the delievery guy scratched and dented the back of the washer and dryer while moving into the showroom.

2.2vtec
08-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by djayz
get stainless steel interior for sure it stays so clean and smells fresh all the time

also try to get a tall tub design lots more space and you can put big things inside.

How does stainless steal smell fresh?:nut:

dieselpower91
08-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

How does stainless steal smell fresh?:nut:

I think he means it won't absorb the smells over time like a plastic lined one will.

Oz-
08-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I am pretty sure that Trail has appointments if you need the info session on appliances. We bought a Bosch, love it and everyone that we know who has one loves them also. This is our 3rd dishwasher, by far the best.

JRSC00LUDE
08-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
I am looking for a new dishwasher.........

Get married.

If currently married, lay down the law. :D

Or go to coast, they treated me with good prices (although the one here doesn't take visa so I couldn't get my avion points...)

redline
08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Looking for something that will be last and will be quiet and actually clean. I have narrowed it down to pretty much the Maytag Quiet Series 300.

I wonder if its a bad idea to upgrade to stainless when that will be the only stainless appliance for a couple years.
I eventually plan to upgrade the stove and fridge. but that will be in 2+ years.

Definately don't want a cheap piece of crap. I am looking to spend around or preferably under $600.

Anyone know anything about the Brick house brand 'Brada'?

I found Trail, Sears & The Bay were all expensive. Most places didn't even bother to ask if I needed help or acknowledge me. I don't know if thats normal or if its an age thing. The guy at Leons just stood there and stared at me. Didn't even Say hi or anything.

I was impressed by the salesperson at Coast. She was very friendly and gave me some good advice.

I will have to take another look at Costco. I did take a quick look but I only saw 1 or 2 different models. Do they have more usually?

I have that one in both my houses, very good and very quiet. bought both from coast. I have the stainless inside model in the new house

89coupe
08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I have a Jenn-air pro series. Absolutely love it. Cleans anything. Full stainless steel inside and out.

http://www.store.yahoo.com/lib/universal-akb/JDB1090AWS.jpg

TrevorK
08-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Costco usually only carries a couple different models. I think right now they have the Danby line of dishwashers, which would fall within your price range (For stainless steel).

I forgot to mention there is also Home Depot, they're starting to ramp up their appliance sales now.

One suggestion, if you have big plates bring them with you. My dishwasher for instance hit the plates when it is washed (Because I have these big stoneware ones). Just a thought if you have oversized plates....

TrevorK
08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
I have a Jenn-air pro series. Absolutely love it. Cleans anything. Full stainless steel inside and out.

I think that'll cost almost double the posters price range of around $600?

szw
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK

I think that'll cost almost double the posters price range of around $600?

Brag

mekeni
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
trail and coast are your best bet....

dino_martini
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I went down to the Calgary Home Appliance gallery when we re did our kitchen, its down in inglewood..you wont miss it because it has a huge ass maytag man out front. Great staff, customer service!

We ordered an Asko dishwasher a few days later the saleslady phoned saying Asko didnt make that model anymore. She offered to order the new model for us, for the same cost as the one no longer made. Go there!!

modded46
08-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Oz-
I am pretty sure that Trail has appointments if you need the info session on appliances. We bought a Bosch, love it and everyone that we know who has one loves them also. This is our 3rd dishwasher, by far the best.

I second the Bosch.. Best dishwasher by far i've ever owned.. nothing comes out dirty and does a really good job of taking spots out..

Also, I know exactly what someone means when they say stainless steel smells clean.. There is just a smell that comes out of the dishwasher after running a cycle that smells fresh & clean..

dieselpower91
08-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Well I am buying one tommorow. Stainless inside is out of my price range. :(

I guess I'll go check out the place in inglewood and then if that doesn't work out I'll be heading to Coast.

NatB
01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
In regards to the few questions about the Brada Dishwasher from the Brick...I don't know if I just happened to be one of the unlucky few...but we spent the extra money, bought the nice stainless steel one, and within 3 months...it wouldn't work. The initial rinse cycle would run, and then it would die, with the error code E2 flashing, over and over again.

The company the Brick has contracted to fix it (TransGlobal Services) has been nothing short of a hassle. Turns out they don't make parts for the model, and they tried to replace it with parts of another model...which didn't fit, of course.

I'm getting a new dishwasher this week after 2 months of dealing with TransGlobal and getting a run around, but the same model. I'm a little worried. If the first one broke down after 3 months, what's this one going to do. Not a good spend of $700.

Just my two cents :)

Whitetiger
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Get married.

If currently married, lay down the law. :D

Or go to coast, they treated me with good prices (although the one here doesn't take visa so I couldn't get my avion points...) :rofl:

tylere
01-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by modded46

I second the Bosch.. Best dishwasher by far i've ever owned.. nothing comes out dirty and does a really good job of taking spots out..

Also, I know exactly what someone means when they say stainless steel smells clean.. There is just a smell that comes out of the dishwasher after running a cycle that smells fresh & clean..

I third the Bosch.

My Bosch is the best dishwasher I have owned, It cleans well and its SUPER quiet, you can't even tell it is running.

big A
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Bumping an old thread.
I agree with everyone that Coast is the place to go. I am looking at a Blomberg they have there. At Coast and Trail they both say that a Blomberg is compareable to Meile just nowhere the price.
The thing is I have never heard of them or even can find much on the internet so I am wondering if anyone has first hand experience on them.