PDA

View Full Version : Fix, sell or scrap?

cskua86
08-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Okay guys here's my problem:
My 1990 Toyota Corolla broke down and there was smoke and crap coming out from the engine. So I disconnect the battery, look inside and realize the starter solenoid and the 2 wires connecting it are burned right out. I bought this car for $650 and have so far replaced the battery (I took it out just now), alternator (last week... brand new alternator), and spark plugs/ignition coil (cost me $230).

Should I just say "fuck you corolla" and scrap it for 72 bucks at pick n pull while salvaging what I can (battery and alternator I guess), should I bring it to a mechanic to get it fixed so I can sell it, or should I just sell it "as is".

Any reply would be really helpful guys. Also intelligent guesses on the price to replace a starter solenoid would be great too.

avow
08-23-2006, 04:35 PM
how many km on the engine?

SILVIA KING,S
08-23-2006, 09:12 PM
take it to pick and pull it is not worth the time if you are not going to fix it your self import a import that is what i say for 4500 you can drive something cool.

95golf
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
sell it as is for like 300 hunderd or something better than getting 72 bucks or part it out

ashee
08-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Sell for whatever the best offer is :dunno:

schurchill39
08-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by SILVIA KING,S
take it to pick and pull it is not worth the time if you are not going to fix it your self import a import that is what i say for 4500 you can drive something cool.

Not to come across as a dick but its people that bring across 5k imports thats just make more scrap metal over here. Why bring over another countrys misfits? You didnt think before posting this did you?

I am all for importing cars, but for 5k your going to get a car thats in need of alot more work then your corolla.

I say post it up in bargin finder or something along those lines for $300ish. Thats more then you'd get at pick-n-pull.