PDA

View Full Version : Not really a street Encounter

4CylFiero
04-20-2003, 11:36 PM
So i was trying to get an alignment from B & L on 32 right next to Impressions and i was told they couldn't do it because i needed a right rear lower balljoint.
Ok not to bad then the a$$es told me they will do it for 370 and change. i bursted out laughing and asked how much the part was they told me 80 dollars (Partsources was $37 for one year warrenty) so i asked how much labour then they said 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I cracked up again and said does that include the time that you guys are going to jerk off in the back.
I said gimme my keys and he insisted on charging me $20 for inseption, then i pulled into the parking lot and jacked up my car and did the balljoint in 50 min no less (including the time to drill out the rivets holding the balljoint in place) and drove right back up to the front door and said align it. He even had the stupidity to ask if i installed the balljoint.

Word of Advise don't take it too B @ L on 32nd.
P.S. The only reason i took it there is because they were the ones that were available and were in driving distance.

hjr
04-20-2003, 11:40 PM
good that you did it yourself, but then why would you take it back for the alignment?

4CylFiero
04-20-2003, 11:51 PM
The regular for alignment is $60 and i already paid $20 so now they will finish the job for 40 dollars, and they can't say anything else is wrong with it. I just find that it is really hard to find a trustworthy mechanic and i already caught these bunch of F*ckers with there pants down.

littledan
04-21-2003, 02:00 AM
ha.. that is funny that you did it right there in the parking lot. Good for you. So how much time would be reasonable for a shop to charge? about 1 hour or so?

4CylFiero
04-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Hell yah 1 hour would be good, I've put so much blood,sweat, and kicks into my car last thing i want is some chump trying to rip me off. Plus it was a rewarding experience. Lots of nice cars, everyone must wash their car and then pull into that parking lot to buff them up. had music from their cars the whole time LOL.