PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: Volvo XC 70 Wagon

robpark
08-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey Beyonders,

The title of the thread gives it away, but here are the details. My colleague's car was stolen today from the Mohawk on MacLeod Trail, just north of Chinook Centre. Occurred around 1:15 this afternoon. Colleague was buying a coke from the little convenience store; went in, pulled coke out of cooler and by the time he turned around to pay, car was gone.

Car is a silver 2002 Volvo XC 70 Wagon.

First three digits on the license plate are JCM and there is...ahem... a West Coast Choppers sticker next to the license plate. There is also another sticker on the other side of the plate but I forget what it is of. Car is bone stock.

If you spot the car, please call the police immediately at 266-1234 (if dumped) or 911 if it is being driven.

Thank you for your open eyes and ears!

Rob.

dj_rice
08-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I'll be on the lookout....did ur friend leave the keys in the ignition by chance?

robpark
08-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Engine was off, but...I would imagine that he made the universal blunder and left the keys in the car.... Seems someone was just waiting around for someone to do that... He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

danlowteg
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
he must of left the keys. my boss at volvo has never seen someone start these cars without the key. ill keep a lookout at volvo

JAYMEZ
08-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Ill keep out for the west coast customs Volvo... Hope ya find it quick!

Tha VZA
08-24-2006, 07:12 PM
wow...i'll keep a look out forsure...posting this elsewhere too

ciao

robpark
08-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys...

DC2
08-24-2006, 07:46 PM
those keys are CRAZY insane. almost impossible to start without the key.

the mechanics at my work spent over 2 hours trying to even open the door

robpark
08-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Car has been recovered, three cheers for the CPS. Once it has gone through investigation/impound my buddy will have his car back.

I'll give details if and when I get them.

Thanks to Beyond for the help!

Rob.

Palmiros
08-25-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm glad to hear you guys got a hold of it. Any damage?

robpark
08-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Don't know yet, police won't let him near it at the moment.

I'll keep you posted.

slickk
08-25-2006, 03:28 PM
nice! I hope they caught the thief driving it.

the_new_santa1
08-25-2006, 03:46 PM
^ and then curb stomped his ass.....sry had my car almost stolen a while ago, I can relate to how gay it is when someone wants to steal something that you worked so hard for....:guns:

robpark
08-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Can't say too much at this point, but the police not only recovered the car, but caught and arrested the two crackheads (two man team) who stole it...well done.

Car is currently going under an extensive inspection to check for any and all kinds of damage.

Crymson
08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
make sure they go through it for needles-- saw a tv show where these HIV infected heroin addicts would leave a needle or two sitting between the sun visor and the headliner, so the next time somone flipped down the visor after having their car recovered would get a nice treat as the needle fell into your lap.

ianmcc
08-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by robpark
Engine was off, but...I would imagine that he made the universal blunder and left the keys in the car.... Seems someone was just waiting around for someone to do that... He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Sorry dude but if he left the keys in it he got what was coming. Crackheads or not it was only a matter of time before she was gone.

black_radiation
08-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc

Sorry dude but if he left the keys in it he got what was coming. Crackheads or not it was only a matter of time before she was gone.

whether he left the keys in it or not, shitty deal, i mean im sure you wouldnt like it if someone said "i told you so" when you leave your keys in your car to run in and buy a chocolate bar or the box of condoms for your "life partner", and you come out and your car is jacked, whether it be a piece of shit, or a nice new one, your still going to bitter at the end of the day, especially if someone says i told you so :) and you know it.

glad they recovered the car though, i know theres the odd time i chuck my keys on the floor to run into pay for gas or something.

black_radiation
08-25-2006, 09:34 PM
ahah yeah and +1 for transponder technology in keys, no key..e? no drivey! :) even like old gm vehicles had it, it was a resistance in the key and it wouldnt start, you would be hard pressed to find a vehicle that doesnt have a transponder system in it these days. the only few i can think are really low end cars(although every gm vehicle has it 2000+)and some of the higher end cars that ive worked on is the odd kia, new F350 superduty (actually most ford diesels nowadays dont use it because you can hear your truck start up from 3 blocks away lol) and TOYOTA TACOMA's! which i cant believe because even the brand new ones dont have the system in them... unreal i say, glad my dodge has it :)