PDA

View Full Version : Returning Students

sexualbanana
08-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Does anybody know the U of C's policy on graduated students returning to take a few more classes. The reason I ask is that there are a few classes I've been interested in taking but could never fit into my schedule.

camby
08-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Drop in... its free.

RX_EVOLV
08-25-2006, 01:37 AM
you can apply as an unclassified student ( aka part time student) the deadline is a week before school starts. you basically just submit an application + offical transcipt + list of courses you want to take and they will get the courses approved and register for you ( if its not full)

I strongly recommand you go drop off the application in person, I faxed my application in ( also as an degree holding unclassified student) back in early June and they JUST proccesed my application, dont even have a single courses registered yet.. ppl there are lazyyyyy

t-im
08-25-2006, 07:43 AM
You can go unclassified - 2 classes per semester.

RX_EVOLV
08-25-2006, 08:15 AM
actually since he already graduated, he is considered degree holding so he can take a full course load

Crymson
08-25-2006, 09:51 AM
You can audit courses for a fraction of the cost, if you already have a degree, who cares about gettin recognzed for it.

t-im
08-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
actually since he already graduated, he is considered degree holding so he can take a full course load

Are you sure? My advisors told me once I convocate, I would not be allowed to take a full course load (without applying for a new degree).

TimG
08-26-2006, 10:31 AM
i'm pretty sure that that is correct. But like Crymson said, you can register to audit courses for a fraction of the cost.

RX_EVOLV
08-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by t-im

Are you sure? My advisors told me once I convocate, I would not be allowed to take a full course load (without applying for a new degree).

im 100% sure because thats exactly what I'm doing right now

Weapon_R
08-26-2006, 10:36 PM
You can take a full course load after graduation as an unclassified student. If you are a graduate, there is no limit to how many you can take.

max_boost
08-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Just get a job and enter the real world. ;) Stop being a professional student :D