PDA

View Full Version : Real State Agents

95golf
08-25-2006, 12:08 PM
hey well after gradjuating I plan on becoming a real state agent. Is any one on here a real state agent? DO I just need a high school diploma? and is it good money I heard its 4grand a house and u have to pay $800 montly for some fees. But is it worth becoming one. Like do u usally sell a house in a month or is it very hard to sell a house. And would it be good. I dont wanna do this forever just while I am going to sait.

86max
08-25-2006, 12:15 PM
I'd learn how to spell and talk properly first before you start to get involved in "real state" :thumbsup:

Search results.... (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138158&highlight=become+a+realtor)

HRD2PLZ
08-25-2006, 12:29 PM
^^^ Check out that thread. Most of the Realtors on beyond posted in here:

To sum it up. It can be a very rewarding career. Can be tough to get started, so don't be expecting to make 6 figures your first year or possibly second year. Lots of time, patience and devotion. Very high costs associated with the industry. I think it would be a tough career to begin at such a young age, I was 21 when I started and I found it a little tough. Most people don't want to buy or sell a house with someone who hasn't even done that on their own yet!

Best of Luck though :thumbsup:

hash
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
focus on your education right now. if you can do post-secondary, go as far as you can go. obviously its got to be something you're interested in. if you're really keen on real estate, then do it after you have some life experience. not to be a pessimist, but think about it - why would someone want to buy/sell their house with a 19 yr old high school grad with not much negotiating/lif experience when there are tons of others with plenty of industry experience.

googe
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
i think I read a stat that 50% of calgary real estate agents dont last more than a couple years. also, while the commissions are high for what you do, there are way more agents than is needed in the city right now. a lot have been starving the past year. there are definitely some doing very well though.

think of all the guys you get coming to your door to introduce themselves, leaving a card, and then sending you a card in the mail afterwards to thank you. if there are new agents going to those lengths to build contacts and bend over backwards to get clients, youre going to have to work at least that hard to make it.

itll also be very hard to get credibilty as an agent when people see you as a kid going to sait. i dont really think its one of those "part time on the side to make money while i go to school" jobs. there arent very many younger realtors.

86max
08-25-2006, 07:35 PM
I've heard this more then once:

"90% of the realtors in this city do 10% of the business, while the better 10% do 90% of the business"

Any truth to this?

robpark
08-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Hahaha, maybe not exactly in those proportions, but the general idea is sound. The long-time experienced realtors have a lot of listings and they definitely have the best ones....