PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy these speakers..?

Palmiros
08-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Pretty much as stated in the title.

Would you guys buy the speakers from the AB sound flyer? (6X9 Panasonics)

As shown here (http://www.absound.ca/specials/images/Calgary%20North_big.jpg)

I`m not trying to get any monster sound out of them, just want something a notch higher than stock. Whats your opinion on these, anyone here try them yet? Whats the actual RMS??

spike98
08-25-2006, 01:20 PM
IMO they are good replacements for OEM speakers if your OEM ones are blown/damaged. You wont get any better sound for that price.

Crymson
08-25-2006, 01:21 PM
driving an '88 cutlass supreme, ANY replacement will be an improvment.

Palmiros
08-26-2006, 02:07 AM
IMO they are good replacements for OEM speakers if your OEM ones are blown/damaged. You wont get any better sound for that price.
So wait. What are you saying, cause your last sentence has 2 meanings. I won't get any better sound for that price (than stock?) or I won't get any better sound for the price?
They say save $80. I doubt THESE speakers were originially $130?!

Originally posted by Crymson
driving an '88 cutlass supreme, ANY replacement will be an improvment.

Haha, yea thats what i thought.

dj_rice
08-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Why dont u just wait til the Big 4 Sale??U can get some even better speakers for a better price

dreamchaser
08-26-2006, 12:24 PM
i bought those 5x8 from featureshop for $29 .. they sounded worst than the factory speakers of my escape

Palmiros
08-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Why dont u just wait til the Big 4 Sale??U can get some even better speakers for a better price

Well for one, I read in one of the post around here the Big 4 Sale will be limited to items that are not produced anymore, and not all products will be discounted.
Second, everybody seems to not know for sure when the Sale is (what day) and/or if it will be in-stores only.