PDA

View Full Version : BAD BAD Carpet Installation

urbancrescent
08-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Had an install done with Crown Carpet & Tile for my house and it was completely an ass job. After calling the Better Business Bureau, I found out this...

http://reports.betterbusinessbureau.ca/commonreport.html?bid=20847&language=1

Anyone know someone who can fix bad installs? Cuz these guys have crooked eyes!!! Are there some good carpet install shops???

izzoblitzo
08-25-2006, 06:20 PM
I heard about this somewhere.. apparently, they broke into a warehouse, and stole like, tonnes of carpet, and sold/installed it in customer's homes.

I had Home Depot do my carpet.. they subcontracted some trade to do it, and they didnt do a good job at the joins, so I called Home Depot, and Home Depot had them out here to fix it to my satisfaction so quick! I guess you dont want to tick off your customer.. especially a customer like Home Depot that gives you lots of work.

good luck though.

Crymson
08-25-2006, 06:21 PM
missing anything from your house?

urbancrescent
08-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Seriously, these guys are completely incompetent. The sales guy Mo (short for moron?) put on a great front but did I get swindled.

Home Depot is quick to respond but they don't do repairs. :(

The Enzo is missing... Hmmm.... Better call the insurance company. :)

Help out there?

T5Bird
08-26-2006, 07:41 AM
CARPET ADAPTION & REPAIR
Burns,Seams, Restretches,Installation
FREE Estimates CALL ROB
819-3647 Tel: 403‑547‑7018

This guys is always in the Bargain Finder, never used hime, but worth a try. :dunno:

msommers
08-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by T5Bird
CARPET ADAPTION & REPAIR
Burns,Seams, Restretches,Installation
FREE Estimates CALL ROB
819-3647 Tel: 403‑547‑7018

This guys is always in the Bargain Finder, never used hime, but worth a try. :dunno:

Any tradesman that needs to advertise isn't worth getting. Tradesman who do a good job get free advertising via word of mouth. End of story

5hift
08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
My parents are in the process of renovating and are in the carpet stage now. They were looking at some carpets from Hope Depot. But if Home Depot just contracts out, theres no point of paying their inflated prices. Any suggestions for a better place to pick out carpet and get it installed?

schurchill39
08-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I dont know if they have a "Carpet One" in calgary but if they do I would recommend them. They are one of the best places in the hat to get any sort of flooring done. I would only assume that it would be like that every where:dunno:

Gspotracer
08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
I've had Deerfoot Carpet do two houses for me now and they have done a good job, Home depot did one install for me and the carpet was ok but they made so many marks and scratches on the walls I had to repaint the a couple rooms.

Home depot also charges for an estimate:thumbsdow

wildrice
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
sears

ninspeed
08-26-2006, 08:41 PM
^^^
My parents just did the carpet in their house with sears... and the intsall was great, great price, and good afterservice with sears. (I have all new appliances with them, and when my fridge gave out after 5 days, they had a guy out next morining and had to put a new compressor in it)

silvercivicsir
08-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Any pics of the bad carpet install ?

Xtrema
08-27-2006, 09:16 AM
If you don't have references from friends and such, big name like Home Depot and Sears is usually your next best bet.

You may still get shitty labour but at least the big stores will fix it til you're happy.

Traffic_Cop
08-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
My parents are in the process of renovating and are in the carpet stage now. They were looking at some carpets from Hope Depot. But if Home Depot just contracts out, theres no point of paying their inflated prices. Any suggestions for a better place to pick out carpet and get it installed?

CDL Carpets & Flooring:thumbsup:

Celica TVS3
08-27-2006, 09:50 AM
My builder used Crestview Flooring - they did a good job but I don't know if their prices are competitive or not.

PremiereImports
08-28-2006, 03:28 PM
If anyone needs any type of flooring (carpet, hardwood, tile) let me know and I will put them in contact with someone at Kensington Floors (Carpet One) to recieve an almost wholesale price. Just send me a PM.

Alex