PDA

View Full Version : looking for Klasse and 303 local

b_t
08-26-2006, 12:14 AM
anywhere to get this stuff local?

I'm looking for that two step Klasse stuff heavyD likes so much, since Megs looks great for about two weeks then it fucking washes off. NXT or Gold Class, it doesn't matter, it doesn't last.

And I'm looking for something 303 that is supposed to be like Armor-All, but water instead of alcohol based and way better.

nismodrifter
08-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Canadian Tire has 303. Cost is around $13. It's a good sized spray bottle.

I :love: it.
I cleaned the hell out of all my plastic interior stuff last year with a brush and then applied 303. The car seriously looked like new inside. It gives a matte black finish rather than a greasy look. Great stuff.

b_t
08-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Its the matte look I'm after, Armor-All looks best about five days after I put it on and everything just looks new instead of greasy

so that solves that one

but is Klasse available locally anywhere?

KKY
08-26-2006, 11:43 AM
AFAIK, you can't get Klasse locally. You can get them online from carcaresmart in BC or eshine in ONT. Klasse looks great on metallic paint. relatively easy to use and long lasting.

Auto Value sells 303 cheaper than CT.

djayz
09-15-2006, 07:31 AM
i prefer armor-all over 303
303 comes off way to easy even tho its not as greasy
armor-all last longers and spreads nice and evenly

i tried some fresh oil on my dash and panels and everything and it looks great and lasts forever it just needs to be worked in and not heavily applied plus its cheap.

Calgarydetail
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
the problem with armour all is that its an oil and alchol based products which isnt good for yur dash. 303 is made of freindly products that will casue less harm to your dash. Although a few coats of armour all wont cause any problems but long terms its probley nto the smartest or safest thing to use on dash

djayz
09-15-2006, 08:54 PM
^
ive been using it on my car for 10 years now and on my previous car i used it for 10 years both dashes and all the rubber in my car looked and felt like new not a single tear in any rubber or cracks.

this water based 303 on a hot day just evaporates pretty much because i did a test when i heard about 303.
i put 303 on one side of the dash armor-all on the other side and my car sat out in the sun for one full day.

results 303 side looked dry and looked like nothing was applied
armor-all side still had some lustre to it and looks moist.

just my experience but overall i think armor-all holds up better than 303 but 303 might be better in the long run...maybe 20+ years?

Calgarydetail
09-17-2006, 12:28 PM
im not saying armour-all cracks your dash, thats just a rumor. I know people wjo have used armourall and it dosent crack anything, however the alcholes in it are not good for the dash they cause it to dry out and become more susptable to uv damage, Im sure your the type of person who always has somthing on your dash (im the same way) however if yoiu let all the armour-all wear off your dash should havea whiteish colour to it, thats from the drying effect of the isoporal alcholas. If you enhoy armour all keep using it however me expeiance and knowege tell me 303 is a better products for the safity ot my interior

Inzane
09-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Megs looks great for about two weeks then it fucking washes off. NXT or Gold Class, it doesn't matter, it doesn't last.

I agree, neither of those Meguiar's products last long.

But here's a couple that DO:
- #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
- #20 Polymer Sealant

I've used both of these products over our Alberta winters and they seem to hold up great. I've had the #26 last at least 3 months, and the #20 seems to last ~6 months at least.

Mitsu3000gt
09-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by djayz
^
ive been using it on my car for 10 years now and on my previous car i used it for 10 years both dashes and all the rubber in my car looked and felt like new not a single tear in any rubber or cracks.

this water based 303 on a hot day just evaporates pretty much because i did a test when i heard about 303.
i put 303 on one side of the dash armor-all on the other side and my car sat out in the sun for one full day.

results 303 side looked dry and looked like nothing was applied
armor-all side still had some lustre to it and looks moist.

just my experience but overall i think armor-all holds up better than 303 but 303 might be better in the long run...maybe 20+ years?

I find it strange that 303 evaporates off the dash so easily as the whole point of the product is to protect against UV rays. It is designed for boat vynl, hot tub covers, etc. etc. We use it on all our car interiors and every inch of the boat interior and are extremely happy with it.

If you want a shiny finish like armor all, don't wipe off the 303. If you want a matte finish, you spray it on then wipe it off.

djayz
09-25-2006, 07:39 PM
^
with armor all i spray it onto a cloth and spread it around the dash
with 303 i spray it onto a cloth and spread it around the dash but i have to put 2 or 3 layers on for it to actually cover any area.

Calgarydetail
09-25-2006, 09:49 PM
next time you apply 303 try using a foam applicator, it works better then a cloth. i find it allows me to control the product better making surte i have better coverage. I find that clothes just adsober alot of product and are rough and dont apply envenly.

Mitsu3000gt
09-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Calgarydetail
next time you apply 303 try using a foam applicator, it works better then a cloth. i find it allows me to control the product better making surte i have better coverage. I find that clothes just adsober alot of product and are rough and dont apply envenly.

I agree, I find the foam applicators for putting tire shine on work great for 303, and I like microfiber cloths too.

djayz
09-26-2006, 08:55 AM
thats what i use for applying the 303 and armorall is microfiber clothes...i still like armorall...but the motor oil i put on the dash is still holding up pretty well and its not oily at all.