PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1988 Honda Accord Ex-i (VERY RELIABLE BEATER! Needs work - $750 OBO)

ReasonOne
08-26-2006, 09:07 AM
First of all let me say it will be hard to say goodbye to my old friend "Spot". :cry: It is one ugly car, but it's as reliable as the sunset. Definitely a "rusty but trusty" type of car. Here's the list of specs:

1988 Honda Accord Ex-i
black with spots of red primer all over (don't look at me, the previous owner did it!) :eek:
265,000 km's
4 door
5-speed
power windows
power locks
power sunroof
power side view mirrors
tilt steering
cruise control
aging Kenwood CD player

Here's what I believe the car needs (The Bad News!!!):
rotors
windshield
passenger side cv joint
glovebox (the brackets that hold it in are broken)
Cruise control doesn't work all the time and will need to be repaired if you wish to rely on it constantly.
Oh yeah - A PAINT JOB (desperately - hehe) :eek:

Here's what has been replaced (The Good News!!!)
engine rebuilt at 185,000 km (so 80 K's on the rebuild) :D
new exhaust system installed 3 years ago
e-brake cable replaced 2 years ago
new battery 2 years ago
new alternator 3 years ago
power steering rack replaced 3 years ago
sunroof weatherstripping replaced about 4 years ago

The engine is VERY strong and runs very well. It has never let me down yet. I've driven it as far west as Vancouver Island and as far north as the Northwest Territories without so much as a hiccup. It's been driven in weather as low as - 55 C without any problems.

When the glovebox brackets broke off, the previous owner found that the car warmed up inside so quickly without the glovebox he left it off. I thought he was crazy, but it's true. When I was up North everybody wanted to take my car to go out because it warmed up inside the fastest. It's in the trunk if you ever want to put it back.

This is true BEATER of the 1st calibre. It has proven to be reliable transportation for over 3 years. I originally had the intention of painting the body and keeping the car until it died (hence spending the money on rebuilding the motor). I have no doubt in my mind that this car will go another 250K-300K with regular maintenance.

Price Dropped...

My asking price is a meagre $500 OBO.

I'd like to at least recoup the cost of rebuilding the motor. It does currently run and drive, but with the rotors and CV joint needing fixing it might be safer to tow it. If worse comes to worse, you could junk the car and put the motor in a car that looks better.

I hope I have been thorough and honest enough in my description. If you want pics or are interested in the car, feel free to PM me with your email or phone number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks everybody for looking.

ReasonOne
08-28-2006, 10:09 PM
I have dropped the price to $500 OBO. :-)