PDA

View Full Version : Where To Buy Roller Blades?

n0torious
08-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey all.

I feel like blowing some money today and I want to buy a new set of roller blades. Other than sport check, does anyone know any good places to pick up a good set of blades in Calgary? Let me know. Thanks!

DeeK
08-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Speed Skate Cellar will be your best bet... Unless you want some sort of canadian tire generic crap.

They have anything and everything you would ever need for rollerblading, and for every different style of blading as well.

eb0i
08-26-2006, 12:01 PM
^ I hardly call Reebok and Nike brands they carry at Canadian Tire "generic crap".

You can try sportsmart.

~Leah~
08-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Sport Mart is just cheaper brands, so if you're not worried about quality much, try it out, I don't know how good their selection would be. Why don't you want to go to Sport Chek?

Supa Dexta
08-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I'd honestly check a few pawn shops too if you know what your looking for, sometimes they have some really nice ones kickin' around..

eblend
08-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I know you said other then sportcheck, but check out sportcheck outlet at deerfoot outlet mall. Lots of blades and damn cheap

BebeAphrodite
08-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Sport Mart is just cheaper brands, so if you're not worried about quality much, try it out, I don't know how good their selection would be. Why don't you want to go to Sport Chek?

What do you mean cheaper brands/poor quality goods?
If you do a comparison between Sports Chek and Sportsmart, they have roughly the same price range ($100-$250). The biggest difference is that SportsMart seems to focus more on K2s and has a larger selection of them.
Sportmart sells Nike, Adidas, Fila, etc too.

n0torious
08-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks All. I ripped over to Speed Skate Cellar and got a nice set yesterday. Everything was on sale and I got a $300 pair for $200. So I'm all set. :thumbsup:

~Leah~
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

What do you mean cheaper brands/poor quality goods?
If you do a comparison between Sports Chek and Sportsmart, they have roughly the same price range ($100-$250). The biggest difference is that SportsMart seems to focus more on K2s and has a larger selection of them.
Sportmart sells Nike, Adidas, Fila, etc too.

Sport Mart sells lower end models. Never said poor quality, but the store itself is targeted towards low to mid point sporting goods.

Glad to hear you got some blades.

DeeK
08-28-2006, 12:52 PM
yep I used to work for the sportchek / sportmart chain.

Sportmart is for the beginners and novices as far as equipment goes.

Sport chek was deemed the intermediate store by the chain, carrying slightly higher end stuff.

Then sportchek owned a few specialty stores that carried advanced high end stuff. I cant remember the exact stores.

And good to hear you got a deal at speed skate cellar, hopefully they had exactly what you were looking for with no compromises.

dino_martini
08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by eblend
I know you said other then sportcheck, but check out sportcheck outlet at deerfoot outlet mall. Lots of blades and damn cheap

Word on that. The set I wanted to buy at sport chek in chinook was like $200 bucks. At the deerfoot outlet mall they were only 50.