PDA

View Full Version : SHAW Cyber SURFR Wave cable modem

holden
08-26-2006, 11:28 AM
I have an old grey Motorola Cyber SURFR Wave cable modem from Shaw. I want to know if there would be any advantage in getting one of SHAW's new cable modems? Would there be any increase in speed if I stay on the same plan? Also, will SHAW even switch my modem if I ask?

Thanks

KoukiS14
08-26-2006, 11:37 AM
i just changed mine a couple months ago cuz i noticed a drop in speed. Turns out the old one was fucked. New one works awesome and the exchange cost nothing.

Palmiros
08-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Not that it would be a pain to change it. Its a free switch, it increases your speed and it looks better than the old chunky one. All you gotta do is grab the old one and the power cable from it and head down to the closest SHAW center. They will replace it on the spot with a brand new one free of charge. Just make sure you bring a monthly statement so they can check your account.

holden
08-26-2006, 01:56 PM
oh, just found out that my modem is bought, and not rented... will they still do the switch?

codetrap
08-26-2006, 05:40 PM

Palmiros
08-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by holden
oh, just found out that my modem is bought, and not rented... will they still do the switch?

They do. Actually, i'm not sure if they'd switch it up for you IF it was rented. Mine was bought too, and there was absolutely no problem/questions asked whatsoever, just go in and tell them you would like to upgrade. Its a free and fast switch.

holden
08-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros

They do. Actually, i'm not sure if they'd switch it up for you IF it was rented. Mine was bought too, and there was absolutely no problem/questions asked whatsoever, just go in and tell them you would like to upgrade. Its a free and fast switch.

thanks!