PDA

View Full Version : WRX/STi rear leg room - Enough for adults?

StupidWade
08-26-2006, 01:27 PM
I went and checked out an '06 WRX at the dealership. The rear leg room seemed a bit tight when I tried it out.

I'm just wondering about some 'real world' experience. Is the rear leg room enough for a couple of 5'-10" adults once in a while? Or do you always have to pull the front seats up to make a few more inches in the back?

If I'm going to suffer the stigma of 4 doors, I'd better be able to use the back seats for more than just groceries.

Aleks
08-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Depends how tall the people are up front. I am 6'1" and I always have to move my seat up a bit to make room for people in the back. It's a small car and you're right there is not a lot of room.

I took my whole family to Red Deer a while back and it was just fine on the highway.(4 adults) my seat was up a bit but it wasn't uncomfortable.

If you want more room look into LGT. only 1200 bux more and it's larger and nicer inside.

7thgenvic
08-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by StupidWade
I went and checked out an '06 WRX at the dealership. The rear leg room seemed a bit tight when I tried it out.

I'm just wondering about some 'real world' experience. Is the rear leg room enough for a couple of 5'-10" adults once in a while? Or do you always have to pull the front seats up to make a few more inches in the back?

If I'm going to suffer the stigma of 4 doors, I'd better be able to use the back seats for more than just groceries.

are you planning on buying the 06'

googe
08-26-2006, 02:44 PM
once in a while is no problem at all. i hauled friends around in mine quite a bit, no one complained. im not going to call it roomy for sure, but its definitely useable. i wouldnt put people back there for a big road trip or anything though.

StupidWade
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I was actually just using the '06 WRX to gauge the legroom. I'm really thinking of picking up an '04 or '05 STi, but I figure the interiors are the same size.

I'm about 6 feet and most of my friends and family are shorter than that so I guess the rear seats will be fine for some infrequent passengers.

I do like the Legacy GT, a lot, but the performance difference between that and the STi is too much to accept just for a bit more interior comfort.

Thanks for your help guys.

benyl
08-26-2006, 11:48 PM
I find there isn't enough leg room in the front of the car. Forget about the back. I have the seat all the way back and I still bend my knees too much.

But then again, I am always driving, so I don't give to shits about who sits behind me.

FiveFreshFish
08-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by benyl
But then again, I am always driving, so I don't give to shits about who sits behind me.

:werd: I don't sacrifice my comfort for those in the rear seat. It's a safety thing. ;)

max_boost
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
If you are short like me (5'5) then the passengers always have lots of leg room.

mac_82
08-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Even if you are tall (>6 ft) like me, there is still enough room in the back. On Saturday I had 3 people riding in the back, and it is managable. 2 people in the back is comfy, 3 people and it can get a bit squishy, but it is doable.

Fuji
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Even if you are tall (>6 ft) like me, there is still enough room in the back. On Saturday I had 3 people riding in the back, and it is managable. 2 people in the back is comfy, 3 people and it can get a bit squishy, but it is doable.

These cars are made for asians. So it will fit normal sized asians in the back. Lanky taller white ppl may feel slight to moderate discomfort depending on thier size and height lol. I'd say it sux for a small road trip.

StupidWade
08-28-2006, 10:44 PM
This is all good info.

I'm just under six feet and my handful of friends and family are mostly sawed-off little runts, so it should be okay to cram them in the back for little jaunts around town. If they start feeling 'moderate discomfort' it's just a good sign that they've spent too much time in my car.

It's not too often I'd be using the seats anyway, but if I need them it's good to know they're not just 2+2 sized.

bigbadboss101
08-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

If you want more room look into LGT. only 1200 bux more and it's larger and nicer inside.

Are you saying the LGT is only $1,200 more than the WRX? A couple years back I looked at the LGT and they were around $41g. Some people said they got the 06 WRX for $36g out the door. Are the LGT cheaper now? I am going to the Subaru site to check it out in a couple minutes.

The STi cost quite a bit more.

Aleks
08-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Are you saying the LGT is only $1,200 more than the WRX? A couple years back I looked at the LGT and they were around $41g. Some people said they got the 06 WRX for $36g out the door. Are the LGT cheaper now? I am going to the Subaru site to check it out in a couple minutes.

The STi cost quite a bit more.

LGT is only 1200 more LGT Ltd (with leather and S/R) is a few grand more on top of that.