PDA

View Full Version : UofC Students

5hift
08-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Im sure all the students have heard how UofC is spending millions to make a bunch of new places for students to hang out and study, as well as fixing up the old rundown appearence of the majority of the uni.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has actually seen these new 'changes'? I was on campus a few days ago and I saw some of these upgrades, and had to say I was dissapointed. Maybe its just me, but 5 chairs positioned in a semi circle around a pop machine in the middle of a main hall in MathSci doesnt count as a sitting area. Nor does lining a long hallway with a continuous futureristic looking narrow plastic bench. And the flooring ... they finally rip out the 80's fake tiles, only to replace them with ... the exact same tiles? Am I missing something or are these renos a joke?

a.z13
08-26-2006, 05:22 PM
yea i went to the one in social sciences was disapointed and vowed never to go there again. I think ur refering to the tiling in Science B, yea i thought maybe nice flooring would be put in, but no it looks the exact same lol. What a waste!

whiskas
08-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Those new areas they're putting up are just a way of covering up the real work they're doing - asbestos removal. Stay the hell away from those areas when they're working.

ashee
08-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Those modern chairs and tables in the hallway between SS/Science theater buildings are bad haha, they just look cheap and sort of unusual. The areas where they're still renovating are all dark and horrid looking too, I wonder what they may look like when they're finished.

crazydriver
08-27-2006, 12:55 AM
they got new tables in haskayne's nuwest commons.. WHOOPIIIE! :thumbsdow

FishPoo
08-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by crazydriver
they got new tables in haskayne's nuwest commons.. WHOOPIIIE! :thumbsdow

lol, i think they're nice..

the old tables were falling apart, now there's more tables and fresh paint.. mmmm :thumbsup:

pints
08-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Who the hell picks the paint colours?

msommers
08-27-2006, 12:43 PM
I'd still rather study on the top floor of the library tower in the corner with the sweet view and it being quiet rather than some "new" furniture. Anyone know when the abestos removal is going to be finished so we don't all die of cancer??

Speaking of getting cancer, did anyone know that the teflon on teflon pans are very cancerous? They are actually going to stop making teflon pans apparently. Totally random I know, thought I'd throw it out there, you can throw it right back:D

ashee
08-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pints
Who the hell picks the paint colours?

You don't like the lime green? haha

silbergrau330
08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I have only seen the changes in the Science Theatres/Social Science areas.The hallway with the future istic tables and benches, I stood there looking at it for a few minutes thinking "what the fuck is that!"

urbannomad
08-27-2006, 05:55 PM
remember when they were giving the grand "opening" of the ST/SS area with the white benches and tables....the only reason there was a huge # of ppl there was because they had food. i never really liked that place at all!

~LINDS~
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
yah i'm all about the library, who can get anything done in those places..and not to mention the chairs are not comfortable at all....speaking of which i really need to register hahah

andres_mt
09-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Where is Schulich spending all this money he gave the engg dept?. Engg building continues to look like ass. :nut:

a.z13
10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
^^^^^They spent most of it on scholarships. I agree update the god damn building.

hussein
10-05-2006, 02:43 PM
The lime green in the science B where the seating area is a shitty pick. :barf: Even a plain white would have been better.

kaput
10-05-2006, 04:14 PM

dennisaur
10-05-2006, 05:24 PM
haha yeah the hallway in math sciences to the science theatres is a fucking joke. when i saw them, i thought to myself, no self-respecting student would sit and study in that

A_3
10-05-2006, 06:00 PM
The green makes me want to kill something.

This has been my pet-peeve since I first saw it in the summer.

Seriously, what jack ass decided that fucking puke green matched with brick. That hallway went from mundane to mind-numbingly repulsive.

People got paid to do this.... seriously.

I just think the money could have been used alot more tastefully.

sh0ko
10-05-2006, 06:27 PM
at least u guys see changes in ur building.. the engg building got screwed

Eleanor
10-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
at least u guys see changes in ur building.. the engg building got screwed

Yeah the lounge is still a dump, at least they're renovating it, three years from now. And they got rid of the couches that had prolly been there since the building was made. I think they should knock the building down and start over. It's even worse that it's between the two nicest buildings on campus too.

doublepostwhore
10-05-2006, 10:13 PM
ICT = :drool:

Fac. Engg = :barf: :banghead: :nut:

Fuck man. Engg has the most money, and the most ghetto digs!

Preparing us for the dungeons...erm our offices I guess.