PDA

View Full Version : Bass!!!

M_K_3
08-26-2006, 11:25 PM
im looking for a song its like mad BASS tester ill get the link and post it ... i have a type R 10" i wanna see how loudthis thing can go :D

Sharpie
08-26-2006, 11:47 PM
odb baby i got your money

dj_rice
08-27-2006, 12:01 AM
My System - Daz Dillinger

M_K_3
08-27-2006, 12:04 AM
i cant wait untill tomorrow :D.... how much power should i be givin my type R 10"? i have a 600watt v12 alpine amp

nismodrifter
08-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

dj_rice
08-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by M_K_3
i cant wait untill tomorrow :D.... how much power should i be givin my type R 10"? i have a 600watt v12 alpine amp

Go big or go home...1000W FTW:thumbsup:

jcrules99
08-27-2006, 12:08 AM
eminem - go to sleep

M_K_3
08-27-2006, 12:10 AM
hmmm :D 1000W eh.... :P anyone wanna buy a Alpine Mrv t420 i think Lol its like brand new! used once i got the box! bought used but henever used it,,,

brayden
08-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh No featuring Wildchild "WTF"

MED aka Medaphor "What U In It 4" and "Get Back"

The Away Team featuring Phonte & Joe Scudda "Make It Hot"

GTS Jeff
08-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Uhh why not just download some test tones.

b_t
08-27-2006, 02:14 AM

Cruzin' down the block
and my system bangin' out about a million watts
I'ma tell you what I got and my shit be thumpin'
5 10s in the back we bumpin'
see the girls like bass when it's in they face
and when they love it cut it feels so great
when I pull up homegirl I got the gate
all my homeboys luv that bass

thats the only song you need. your type R 10" on 600 watts is going to die, but your ears will be fine.

Gurpy
08-27-2006, 02:38 AM
M_K_3, next time when you buy a amp look at the RMS rating..that 600 watts is peak, but if I remember correctly it's 200 RMS, so it's not horrible to use for now... (Assuming this is the same amp you bought from marketplace from that guy)

f150mikey060
08-27-2006, 12:10 PM
clint eastwood- the gorillaz
throw it up- little john
clairmont lounge- bubba sparxxx
as said...go to sleep- eminem
born to lead- hoobastank

can list more if wanted:)

Chester
08-27-2006, 02:55 PM

:werd: This song is all you need.

cman
08-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Both have been said.
Eminem - Go to sleep....Constant insane bass, it's non stop:nut:
Daz Dillinger - My system....Amazing long low hits

M_K_3
08-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Gurpy
M_K_3, next time when you buy a amp look at the RMS rating..that 600 watts is peak, but if I remember correctly it's 200 RMS, so it's not horrible to use for now... (Assuming this is the same amp you bought from marketplace from that guy)

bought it off clubveedub ! but its pretty good for now... and these songs are killin my ears :(

dj_rice
08-27-2006, 08:05 PM

but its pretty good for now... and these songs are killin my ears :(

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pinoyhero
08-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Have it like that- gwen stefani and pharrell

brayden
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
... and these songs are killin my ears :(

You didn't say they had to sound good. ;)

M_K_3
08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Lol man :( it really hurts!!!!! but its pimped so :D anymore but how about some that sound good?

FiveFreshFish
08-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Garbage - #1 Crush

f150mikey060
08-27-2006, 10:36 PM
trapt- self titled trapt...the entire album hits

dj_rice
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Check Yo Self - Ice Cube
Put That Thang Down - Ying Yang Twins
Pullin Me Back - Chingy Feat Tyrese
All That I Need - Daz Dillinger
Give It Up To Me - Sean Paul Feat Keyshia Coles
Afraid - Nelly Furtado
All Good Things Come To An End - Nelly Furtado

I'm sure ur like what..Bass in a Nelly Furtado song but those 2 songs have wicked bass!!!

Girl Tonite - Twista Feat Trey Songs
Lose It - Massari Feat Belly
I'm Bossy - Kelis
Heard Em Say - Kanye West Feat Adam Levine
Roll - J Status Feat Rihanna & Shontelle
Why We Thugs - Ice Cube

Theres a few...need more...LMK

86max
08-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Bass Mekanik - The Bassest Hits album

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/370/375362.jpg

Unlike a lot of other bass tester cd's, this one actually has some good tracks on it you can listen to and enjoy.

snowboard
08-28-2006, 04:36 PM
summertime - sublime lol

f150mikey060
08-28-2006, 05:24 PM
im going to say this one again...lil john-throw it up
its nucking futs

RotaryPower
08-28-2006, 05:26 PM
I love big speakers - THX

Mike w
08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
THX-Subwoofwer bass test

soupey
08-28-2006, 05:32 PM
oh my facking god that daz dillinger song makes my head hurt everytime i try it...blah

arian_ma
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I think I ripped one of my subs listening to that Daz song. Heh, now that you guys've owned my sub, I need some help.

Anyone know how hard it would be to take a sub out of a 2 hole sub box, leave one in, and use the other hole to make a port? Would it sound better than the 2 tens with no port? Please and thank you.

liquidboi69
08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Would it sound better than the 2 tens with no port?
Port doesn't necessarily make it sound better.

Depends if you want response/quality, or loudness. No port for reponse/SQL, and port for SPL if I'm not mistaken.

Since you've gone for 10's instead of 12's...I'd suggest going for reponse. 12's are more for SPL than response. Two tens with no port would definately sound better than 1 ten and an empty subwoofer hole imo. Two tens WITH port would sound better than that also...

GTS Jeff
08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
Port doesn't necessarily make it sound better.

Depends if you want response/quality, or loudness. No port for reponse/SQL, and port for SPL if I'm not mistaken.

Since you've gone for 10's instead of 12's...I'd suggest going for reponse/just leaving as is. 12's are more for SPL than response. That's a very general rule. In the right environment and the right tuning, a ported enclosure might be just what you need to make things sound right...or vice versa.

liquidboi69
08-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
That's a very general rule. In the right environment and the right tuning, a ported enclosure might be just what you need to make things sound right...or vice versa.
Do you need an aftermarket deck to tune? Just curious how people normally tune subs (besides messing with the amp,) I'm not too knowledgeable on that subject.

Arians setup is pretty general I think, he doesn't have a HB (just in the Lude trunk), no cap, and no aftermarket deck to fine tune anything. Wouldn't no port sound better in that environment?

dj_rice
08-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by soupey
oh my facking god that daz dillinger song makes my head hurt everytime i try it...blah

Hey,

He asked for a song to test out his subs so I gave him the best bang for his buck

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

f150mikey060
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM

Do you need an aftermarket deck to tune? Just curious how people normally tune subs (besides messing with the amp,) I'm not too knowledgeable on that subject.

Arians setup is pretty general I think, he doesn't have a HB (just in the Lude trunk), no cap, and no aftermarket deck to fine tune anything. Wouldn't no port sound better in that environment?

haha sorry i had to chuckle at this

no, tunning is all determined in the box design. port length/area is what determines the box tuining and what the sub will play flat at. thus being said...with the proper tunning it could possible sound very good.

for example, my box is 2.5cf tuned to 35Hz and it sounds like :eek: (slot vent aka ported)

now, for arian_ma's question...yes, you could do it. there are a few ways you could go about doing it...cover the second sub hole with a peice of 3/4 mdf. then use a peice of 3" or 4" pvc to make your port. or you could do a slot port on the back of the box facing outwards to the side. of course there would be calcluations involved in both of these to determine proper port area. however, i think it would be worth yor time to scrap the box all together, and get a box designed to use both subs to their maximum potential.
EDIT*i realized you werent being sarcastic when you said one of your subs ripped lol so make a new box for the single and save yourself the headach of messing around with the old one *
i recommend doing what i did with my box...which is keeping the top removable allowing you to change the port to reach your desired tuning.

finnally, the part about a 10 being for response and 12's being for spl...that is not usually the case. a 12,15,18 can be just as repsonsive as a 10. vise versa a 10 can have alot of output(spl) in the proper instal... not as much as mostly all if not all 18's obviously...due to the 18's having much more cone area=more air being moved=higher sound pressure in the cabin.

hope this helped. btw....way to go OT:)

94teg
08-28-2006, 09:36 PM
try freak on a leash by korn, it has some crazy bass

liquidboi69
08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Oh. Well I was just generallizing...I guess anything could be as loud/reponsive if you properly tune it. I thought the physics of the cones were that the smaller it is, the more responsive. Is that wrong?

f150mikey060
08-28-2006, 10:04 PM
im not saying its totally wrong as i do not know for sure...but i am fairly sure that is not the case.

speaking of korn...get dead bodies everywhere. the first minute has a sweet bass part

M_K_3
08-29-2006, 12:06 AM

Hey,

He asked for a song to test out his subs so I gave him the best bang for his buck

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol noooooooooo now i think i need a new damn sub :(

wyattjo
08-29-2006, 12:20 AM
try here comes the boom by nelly or grillz by him as well or country grammar they are all pretty bassy

cman
08-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Snoop Dog - I Love it
Ja Rule - Lets Ride. The intro is rediculous!

GTS Jeff
08-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by f150mikey060

haha sorry i had to chuckle at this

no, tunning is all determined in the box design. port length/area is what determines the box tuining and what the sub will play flat at. thus being said...with the proper tunning it could possible sound very good.

for example, my box is 2.5cf tuned to 35Hz and it sounds like :eek: (slot vent aka ported)

now, for arian_ma's question...yes, you could do it. there are a few ways you could go about doing it...cover the second sub hole with a peice of 3/4 mdf. then use a peice of 3" or 4" pvc to make your port. or you could do a slot port on the back of the box facing outwards to the side. of course there would be calcluations involved in both of these to determine proper port area. however, i think it would be worth yor time to scrap the box all together, and get a box designed to use both subs to their maximum potential.
EDIT*i realized you werent being sarcastic when you said one of your subs ripped lol so make a new box for the single and save yourself the headach of messing around with the old one *
i recommend doing what i did with my box...which is keeping the top removable allowing you to change the port to reach your desired tuning.

finnally, the part about a 10 being for response and 12's being for spl...that is not usually the case. a 12,15,18 can be just as repsonsive as a 10. vise versa a 10 can have alot of output(spl) in the proper instal... not as much as mostly all if not all 18's obviously...due to the 18's having much more cone area=more air being moved=higher sound pressure in the cabin.

hope this helped. btw....way to go OT:)

weeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrd

Oh. Well I was just generallizing...I guess anything could be as loud/reponsive if you properly tune it. I thought the physics of the cones were that the smaller it is, the more responsive. Is that wrong?

Another general rule. Of course, a smaller cone will be easier to move with the same amount of energy compared to a larger cone - if all other variables are equal - which isn't always the case.

HiSpec
08-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Uhh why not just download some test tones.

:werd:
you can go as low as you want.

But i do remember there are some test cds out there specifically for testing hi-fi audio equipments, can make 80% of the generic brand of home audio equipment (eg sony, panasonic....) subwoofers to start smoking... if you want to challenge ur new subwoofer, you should consider give it a google.

KoukiS14
08-29-2006, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by nismodrifter

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

Try this too

http://members.shaw.ca/koukis14/WooferCooker.mp3

/////AMG
08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Great thread, I'm going to wreck my sub with these!:thumbsup:

schurchill39
08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Bia Bia - lil jon and the east side boys. This would be asolutely insane in my buddys car.

Supa Dexta
08-29-2006, 03:48 PM
basically anything by 3 6 mafia

f150mikey060
08-29-2006, 04:42 PM
werd...get late night tip

Proboscis
08-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Do Or Die - Playa Like Me And U

Snoop Dogg - Dogghouse

dj_rice
08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by KoukiS14

Try this too

http://members.shaw.ca/koukis14/WooferCooker.mp3

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMFG.....I'm listening to this on my computer sub and its crazy..I wont even dare listen to this on my 2 - 12's

And listening to the lyrics..the guy says FEEL THE BASS :clap: :rofl: :cry: :cry: this is worse than my choice

ashee
08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Kelis - Bossy
NWA - Boyz n tha Hood
Warp Brothers - Phat Bass
Royal Gigolos - Born to be Alive
Svenson & Gielen - Twisted
ATB - It's a Fine Day
Benny Benassi - Put Your Hands Up
Benny Benassi - Illusion
Ginuwine - Pony
James Holden - A break in the Clouds
Lady Bouncer - Dirty Mary
Norman Bass - How You Like My Bass
Game feat. Eazy E- Still Cruisin

Gurpy
08-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Holy shit that woofer cooker thing is intense...gonna test it out on my car subs tonight, it's frying my comp sub lol.

f150mikey060
08-30-2006, 03:45 PM
i set two car alarms off(cars were parked across the street;) )playing the song gucci mane - pyrex pot

dj_rice
08-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ashee
Kelis - Bossy
NWA - Boyz n tha Hood
Warp Brothers - Phat Bass
Royal Gigolos - Born to be Alive
Svenson & Gielen - Twisted
ATB - It's a Fine Day
Benny Benassi - Put Your Hands Up
Benny Benassi - Illusion
Ginuwine - Pony
James Holden - A break in the Clouds
Lady Bouncer - Dirty Mary
Norman Bass - How You Like My Bass
Game feat. Eazy E- Still Cruisin

Wow your selection is 90's and gay http://www.mkportal.nl/forum/style_emoticons/default/gay.gif, and what guy would blast Pony - Ginuwine unless hes a fag....thanks for coming out :thumbsup:

Gurpy
08-30-2006, 04:58 PM
i set two car alarms off(cars were parked across the street;) )playing the song gucci mane - pyrex pot

Shit son! What're you running?

ashee
08-30-2006, 05:51 PM

Wow your selection is 90's and gay http://www.mkportal.nl/forum/style_emoticons/default/gay.gif, and what guy would blast Pony - Ginuwine unless hes a fag....thanks for coming out :thumbsup:

What's wrong with the 90s?
Pony's a good song:dunno:
Pretty sure Bossy was also a suggestion of yours...

KoukiS14
08-30-2006, 06:48 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMFG.....I'm listening to this on my computer sub and its crazy..I wont even dare listen to this on my 2 - 12's

And listening to the lyrics..the guy says FEEL THE BASS :clap: :rofl: :cry: :cry: this is worse than my choice

Holy shit that woofer cooker thing is intense...gonna test it out on my car subs tonight, it's frying my comp sub lol.

Glad you like it... its old but it does the job.

R U calling me a fag? :dunno: :rofl:

M_K_3
08-30-2006, 08:36 PM
AHHHHHHHHH WOOFER COOKER :( Lol im so sure i need a new sub hahaha

GTS Jeff
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ashee
...Phat... haha wicked.

Palmiros
08-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Bubbles- Bidibodi Bidibu

I made a promise to myself that, that would be the first song I will play in my car as soon as i get a decent system. :D

f150mikey060
08-31-2006, 12:08 PM
how about getting a rediculously loud system, and then see whats up;)

Palmiros
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
how about getting a rediculously loud system, and then see whats up;)

That works too. Just sent you a PM. :)

SubyNinja
09-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Search for an IASCA sine sweep... 350Hz - 20Hz should be sufficient. This will hit all frequencies between that range, and I'm sure one of them will make your ears bleed! ...if turned up loud enough.

Crymson
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
We build a some homebrew Geophysical equipment when we were in university, and it consisted of an ipod, with a bunch of mp3's of low frequency pure sin waves, and an allpine v12 running the imput eletrodes. I'm sure it would be pretty simple to get make a cd of all of your tunable frequencies, and just hook it back up to a mic or chep oscilloscope to find the resonant frequency of your vehicle/sub combo.

2shy4u
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I cant believe you guys have forgotten this.... Ported is only good in a big space of air.. like say.. a ford explorer... whereas a SEALED Box is better in a trunk space.

So ARIAN_MA it depends on what the sub box is for... but if i'm not mistaken its for your prelude? get a sealed box and do it right... dont attempt to make your own "ported" hole cause i'v tried and blew my sub out.... so just buy a sealed box..

I think you'll find that it will be louder then ur ported in a trunk space.

f150mikey060
09-07-2006, 08:20 AM
umm okay...do explain why to me why my ported box(2.5@35hz) is loud as fuk, and sounds great at the same time. 4 door Grand prix se...no foldable back seat.....:)

f150mikey060
09-07-2006, 08:23 AM

Shit son! What're you running?

Single Atomic AP12 in a slot vented box(2.5@35Hz), powered by a Power Acoustik A2400Db amp...probably giving the sub 1200-1300 watts
:D

djayz
09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
krayzie bone - high powered soldiers
this song popped a clip off my back panel of the trunk haha

2shy4u
09-07-2006, 07:26 PM
umm okay...do explain why to me why my ported box(2.5@35hz) is loud as fuk, and sounds great at the same time. 4 door Grand prix se no foldable back seat.....:)

Well first off.. you have two 1200 watt subs.. which doesnt make any difference what box you use.. plus ur amp is pretty hefty... but i bet a sealed would be better for your car.... anyways.. that guy only has one crappy ass sub.. and it wont sound very good with the ported box... especially if he makes his own ported hole.... i bet its not powered very hard so for the sub to make all that air in the trunk for the sound to travel. is not very likely to be loud... so if he had the sealed box.. it would stay in the box and just vibrate.... thats why i think he should go sealed.

Everyone has their different opinions on that kind of stuff.... i like ported boxes... but in my car. it didnt sound so good but once i went sealed. it went fucking insane. so i dont know. it depends on the system i guess.

GQNammer
09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
I had 2 10'' Type R's running on the MRD-1000 and it wasn't too loud. Doesn't even come close to what my fiance's 1 13'' Focal Utopia sounds like. Can't imagine 1 10'' Type R sounding loud.

M_K_3
09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
i wanna get a L5 or L7 soon :D what u guys think of 1 12"

2shy4u
09-07-2006, 09:09 PM
i wanna get a L5 or L7 soon :D what u guys think of 1 12"

I have one 12 inch Rockford HX2 sub.... i cant believe i still have it... i have POUNDED the shit out of it.. and it still runs... i guess those old HX2's were fucking awesome! i got an 8 Inch hx2 also.. i have no idea where to put it tho.. thinking under the seat. on a mustang.

2shy4u
09-07-2006, 09:10 PM
the L7's are wicked... but i think JL's subs are way better..... if your gonna invest ur money in a loud ass sub like a kicker L7... why dont u go check the JL audio one out.. see if you like that one too.. just something to think about.