PDA

View Full Version : Dealership financing percentages..

lammer
04-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Mr.beyond bully sam, please don't be so mean :(

anyways im wondering if you guys know the apr financing rates for the dealerships around town..

and once again sam please read DONT BE SO MEAN TO ME! :( bully!

OOR if oyu know where i can find the percentages..i dont really know how to look for htem over the net.

RSeXy
04-21-2003, 04:30 PM
hahaha!

well you know that honda has a high financing rate....

domestic dealerships always have those O down O% financing events going on

its better to figure out first what car(s) you are interested in..and calling the dealership or looking at the car?? you could always try looking at the dealership's website.

or is your decision based on the financing rates of cars??

max_boost
04-21-2003, 04:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, go to the manufacturers website and look under the heading "FINANCING" and you can see the interest rates for all of the vehicles.

If your parents have a good credit, in some cases, they can obtain a lower interest rate loan through their line of credit. Depending on make and model, some rates can be as low as 0% and some can be as high as 10%.

lammer
04-21-2003, 04:32 PM
well i dont think my parents really want a domestic because my mom worries about resale value.

and im looking for a sedan. so you guys have any ideas?
i was looking at the 1.7 touring w/aero pakage. looks nice price looks good and all but i wanna know the %

calarina
04-21-2003, 04:33 PM
When I was going to buy the 2002 SiR, the financing was 3.8%, but that was because it was a year old. On brand new cars, it was 4.8%. This is at Calgary Honda anyway, I don't know about anywhere else around town. All the honda dealerships are probably the same, and most of the dealerships as well, in order to compete.

max_boost
04-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by lammer
well i dont think my parents really want a domestic because my mom worries about resale value.

and im looking for a sedan. so you guys have any ideas?
i was looking at the 1.7 touring w/aero pakage. looks nice price looks good and all but i wanna know the %

5.8% lease
6.8% finance

And NO, I do not have any suggestions, refer to all the threads you and your gang have made in the past!:rofl:

max_boost
04-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by calarina
When I was going to buy the 2002 SiR, the financing was 3.8%, but that was because it was a year old. On brand new cars, it was 4.8%. This is at Calgary Honda anyway, I don't know about anywhere else around town. All the honda dealerships are probably the same, and most of the dealerships as well, in order to compete.
Yes because Honda Canada Finance finances to all the Honda dealerships so the interest rate is the same regardless where you go.

lammer
04-21-2003, 04:35 PM
damn that shit is high..anymore dealerships?

RSeXy
04-21-2003, 04:40 PM
damn that shit is high..anymore dealerships?

Originally posted by max_boost

Yes because Honda Canada Finance finances to all the Honda dealerships so the interest rate is the same regardless where you go.

Like i said before, if you want a low finance rate...go domestic!! I believe that mitsubishi also has a relatively low rate..correct me if i'm wrong...as for a sedan? there is the lancer...however there is mixed opinions of the car? when i was looking for a car i was looking at the civic, the lancer, protege and the echo. out of the four the civic is a much better car IMO

toyota is coming out with an echo hatch...which i think isn't too bad!

civics, proteges, echos, lancers, corollas and sentras are all good student cars. :)

Altezza
04-21-2003, 04:42 PM
I think Mazda is running 1.9% for the Protege. Audi has 1.9% for the A4 and TT as well.

szw
04-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Can your internet browser only go on beyond?

Locked out from www.entermanufacturerhere.com?

Is your phone disconnected and/or you lost your phone book?

Weapon_R
04-21-2003, 05:08 PM

Umm...the money you save by going domestic will outweigh any resale value you will expect to get in the future.

lammer
04-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Umm...the money you save by going domestic will outweigh any resale value you will expect to get in the future.

well thats my mom. she believs what she does and you can't change her views haha.

lammer
04-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by szw
Can your internet browser only go on beyond?

Locked out from www.entermanufacturerhere.com?

Is your phone disconnected and/or you lost your phone book?

i know going to honda.ca or mazda.ca will give me the manufacture site but i dont know where to look for the %'s.

szw
04-21-2003, 06:30 PM

i know going to honda.ca or mazda.ca will give me the manufacture site but i dont know where to look for the %'s.

Did you even try? They all put them right in your face so you can find them easily and they all have calculators to calculate your monthly payments.

There's still the phone..which is probably the most efficient way of finding out.

Superesc
04-21-2003, 07:01 PM
If your mom's set on buying a certain type of car, then let her shop & buy it.

max_boost
04-21-2003, 07:31 PM
lammer.....I am starting to think that you are STUPID.....there is a wealth of information on the internet, you can find anything you want but you seem so clueless? lol

Superesc
04-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Mr.beyond bully sam, please don't be so mean :(
and once again sam please read DONT BE SO MEAN TO ME! :( bully!

lammer.....I am starting to think that you are STUPID.....there is a wealth of information on the internet, you can find anything you want but you seem so clueless? lol

:rofl: I know sam was holding back for the past few post. :rofl:

EvilNeon
04-21-2003, 08:20 PM
3.8% is HIGH?!

Apparently you don't have a mortgage, or four.

I would mate with a herped camel if I could get 3.8% on my mortgages.

p.s. If you plan on doing any mods you can kiss your resale goodbye, unless you return it to stock.

missblondie
04-21-2003, 08:30 PM
I got 4.9% throught NW acura... therefore honda canada. Not too bad compared to the bank i guess.

lammer
04-21-2003, 10:44 PM

haha fucking bastard, im not sure man lay off dude..

other than that the nissan dealership let me test drive the spec v :D

SoSlowDx
04-22-2003, 12:13 AM

what a fucking bully! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please take off my name, Sam :rofl:

MerfBall
04-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by EvilNeon

I would mate with a herped camel if I could get 3.8% on my mortgages.

You should have been on a variable rate mortgage then, at one point last year my mortgage was at 3.5% :D

Lammer sometimes banks offer a special finance rate to dealers, just last year First Calgary was offering 4.9% on 1-5 years financing to all the Honda/Acura dealers. Unfortunately it comes and goes. But, these types of rates you will not see on a website or at a bank.

Alot of the dealers also deal with the banks for a good loan rate, usually they get a better rate from their own companies financing. Some dealers also have different rates for different cars. Like what others have said, you won't be able to tell until you go look, find the cars you like first and then figure out the loan.

Also, if your parents or you have a good relationship with your bank than you can usually negotiate a better than posted loan with your bank quite easily.

max_boost
04-22-2003, 10:42 AM
You guys on the list are part of a select group of people.....a very select group call bench car buyers!!! haha

lammer, in a few months or perhaps years, you will realize how stupid your questions are......its like me going into your mom's bridal shop and trying on 50 suits and calling her everyday asking about this and that but yet I never buy! :confused:

Same shit, different pile :rofl:

bksze
04-22-2003, 11:17 AM

that is only if you're spending on a similar class of car, say 4 door civic vs. 4 door cavalier

but not when you're spending the same amount of money or even more on teh domestic . . . case in point, brand new 97 grand cherokee limited now has a market value of ~15g and a 97 prelude S has a market value of ~18g

you spent 20gs more in the first place to purchase the JEEP haha

benyl
04-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
Audi has 1.9% for the A4 and TT as well.

but alas only for 24 months.... otherwise I would have an A4 right now...

benyl
04-22-2003, 12:11 PM
many of the website actually post the interest rate on the net. If you go to BMW.ca (I think that they have the best setup), you can set your downpayment and every detail and it gives you residuals and payments on the spot.

gmcanada.com doesn't do that, but you said you dun want a domestic. Go to your favorite website, build you car and it should allow you to estimate payment.

Remember one thing though. Most don't include the Freight and PDI in the payments, nor the tax. So don't be surprised when you go into the dealer and make the deal that you monthly payment is way higher than what you saw on the website.

Altezza
04-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by benyl

but alas only for 24 months.... otherwise I would have an A4 right now...

I could be wrong, but isn't it 3.9% for 36/48 month terms?

Ahhhhhhh, just pay cash! :burnout:

ninjak84
04-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Just go and ask dealorships instead of starting a thread everyday.
Jesus, it's 1 trip down McLeod, that would only take 5 minutes.

Let's have another forum for the bench buyers, but make it only viewable by them. And only they can post there.

benyl
04-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Altezza

I could be wrong, but isn't it 3.9% for 36/48 month terms?

Ahhhhhhh, just pay cash! :burnout:

could be... but I would rather lease... business write off...

the lease rate is too high... like 8% make a HUGE difference in the payment.

lammer
04-22-2003, 01:45 PM
You guys on the list are part of a select group of people.....a very select group call bench car buyers!!! haha

lammer, in a few months or perhaps years, you will realize how stupid your questions are......its like me going into your mom's bridal shop and trying on 50 suits and calling her everyday asking about this and that but yet I never buy! :confused:

Same shit, different pile :rofl:

haha you bastard. we all learn from the things we do in the past. we will all grow out of the things you do. my mind changes like quickly. just like you. i can never make up my mind but then slowly i will grow up and realize what i like and stay with it.

max_boost
04-22-2003, 02:31 PM

haha you bastard. we all learn from the things we do in the past. we will all grow out of the things you do. my mind changes like quickly. just like you. i can never make up my mind but then slowly i will grow up and realize what i like and stay with it.

Keep the thoughts to yourself then

Stratus_Power
04-22-2003, 04:16 PM

and you should do the same

max_boost
04-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

and you should do the same I will until one of you guys start another one of these threads within 3 days

SoSlowDx
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
I think I'll start one soon lol boo hoo bug all you want damn Beyond Bullies haha

lammer
04-22-2003, 09:28 PM

hey you have thoughts and you speak your mind to. so why can't i say what i want? but you can.

max_boost
04-22-2003, 09:37 PM

hey you have thoughts and you speak your mind to. so why can't i say what i want? but you can.

Because you are ALL TALK......

I never said you can't speak your mind, I'm just telling you to stop posting the EXACT same thread over and over......people usually post once or twice asking for opinions, but you and your gang post so often that it is getting annoying!!!!

tell me what haven't you considered?
And why can't you test drive a car? Because your parents are busy.....why don't you have a car? Because you need your parents approval

It must be under $30K
Oh you want it to be sporty
Oh it can't be sporty so it needs to be a sedan now

Oh wait, they don't trust european cars
OH wait, they want a Honda now
Oh wait, the interest rate is too high
OH wait, maybe they want a used car now

oh what now?!?!

What is the point of all these threads? have we not answered all your questions over and over?
So you are indecisive, we all are!
so do you need to let the whole world know?
the difference between you and the other members is credibility.......you are ALL TALK so far.....no action

I mean what else do you want to know?

www.canadiandriver.com
www.edmunds.com
www.motortrend.com
www.caranddriver.com

You can learn about virtually any car to your choosing, our opinons don't change over night. Post threads every other week with different titles will not yield any different answers. in the end, this car is for you, has nothing to do with us

lammer
04-22-2003, 09:48 PM

You can learn about virtually any car to your choosing, our opinons don't change over night. Post threads every other week with different titles will not yield any different answers. in the end, this car is for you, has nothing to do with us

fuck whatever..

max_boost
04-22-2003, 09:50 PM

sorry i dont have fucking 10 million dollars in the bank. sorry i cannot fucking back up the words i say when i want a car. sorry i am still in fucking high school. if it has nothing to do with you then why are you always bashing on me.

LOL
You are missing my point:rofl:
Someone please help me!!!!

lammer
04-22-2003, 09:52 PM

LOL

the point is that i talk to much? that i cannot go out and do what i say?

Weapon_R
04-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by bksze

that is only if you're spending on a similar class of car, say 4 door civic vs. 4 door cavalier

but not when you're spending the same amount of money or even more on teh domestic . . . case in point, brand new 97 grand cherokee limited now has a market value of ~15g and a 97 prelude S has a market value of ~18g

you spent 20gs more in the first place to purchase the JEEP haha

Of course, I was considering similarily classed vehicles.

Since he is looking for a smaller 4 dr (I think, anyways), he'd be limited to buying a few select cars (cavalier, neon, civic, sentra etc).

Compare a civic and cavalier:

2003 Civic ~20,000

2003 Cavalier~13,000.

Buying Domestic saves you 7k.

Few years down the road:

1997 Civic~11k
1997 Cavalier ~7k

You just lost 9k with the civic's depreciation.
You have lost 6K with the cavalier's depreciation.

If I had 20k, and bought the cavalier for 13k, i'd have 7k left. After a few years, sell the cavalier for 7k, and you are left with 14k.

If I had bought the civic for 20k, i'd have 0 left. After a few years, sell the civic and get back 11k. Domestic depreciation isn't as bad as people think.

This also applies to almost any similarly priced item. Also, finance rates are much cheaper for domestics, so you won't pay nearly as much in the end. Usually, they have 0% financing when they try to move out last years models...

max_boost
04-22-2003, 09:56 PM

the point is that i talk to much? that i cannot go out and do what i say?

Is that classified as bullshit then? No I do not want to view you in such a way but if you had someone who kept on saying he wanted to do this and do that but never came through and kept on coming up with excuses etc. etc. What is the credibility on that individual?

Weapon_R
04-22-2003, 09:57 PM

LOL

What exactly is your point?

The only thing I see if you constantly filling every one of his threads with useless bashing...

max_boost
04-22-2003, 10:04 PM

What exactly is your point?

The only thing I see if you constantly filling every one of his threads with useless bashing...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Not like I fabricated anything

bksze
04-22-2003, 10:05 PM

Of course, I was considering similarily classed vehicles.

Since he is looking for a smaller 4 dr (I think, anyways), he'd be limited to buying a few select cars (cavalier, neon, civic, sentra etc).

Compare a civic and cavalier:

2003 Civic ~20,000

2003 Cavalier~13,000.

Buying Domestic saves you 7k.

Few years down the road:

1997 Civic~11k
1997 Cavalier ~7k

You just lost 9k with the civic's depreciation.
You have lost 6K with the cavalier's depreciation.

If I had 20k, and bought the cavalier for 13k, i'd have 7k left. After a few years, sell the cavalier for 7k, and you are left with 14k.

If I had bought the civic for 20k, i'd have 0 left. After a few years, sell the civic and get back 11k. Domestic depreciation isn't as bad as people think.

This also applies to almost any similarly priced item. Also, finance rates are much cheaper for domestics, so you won't pay nearly as much in the end. Usually, they have 0% financing when they try to move out last years models...

what you present is obvious . . . if you spend less money, you have less money depreciating as the 7g you initially save from buying your cav should be put in the bank and appreciating . . . but when you're comparing depreciation, you have to start with the same amount in order to fully realise which one depreciates at a higher rate . . . thus you spend 5g on a computer and 5g on a car . . . you can reasonably conclude that a computer depreciates faster than a car . . . but if you spend 10g on a car and you spend 5g on a computer . .. overall, you'll lose more money on the car but it would be illogical to say that the car depreciates faster than the computer . . .

either way though . . . regardless of depreciation, generally domestics will have a lower resale value than that of an import . . .

szw
04-22-2003, 10:15 PM
he didn't say the civic depreciates more than the sunfire.

Just that you still lose more.

Stratus_Power
04-22-2003, 10:18 PM
seriously Max, it was funny at first when it was all a joke, but now your useless bashing is starting to get on my nerve

max_boost
04-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
seriously Max, it was funny at first when it was all a joke, but now your useless bashing is starting to get on my nerve And you don't think you and your buddies bench car buying threads ain't getting on mine?

You guys stop starting these stupid threads, I take you guys off my sig and leave you in peace

RSeXy
04-22-2003, 11:03 PM
calm down boys!! so much hostility these days!! I understand why you want opinions from other members...there is such a variety of cars out there! its hard to choose! *my attempt to sound un-biased* Even the "Beyond Bully" is indecisive!! The only difference between him and the "bench car buyers" is that he actually goes out and buys the car...only to sell it within that year or the following!! haha...MB is constantly talking about prospective cars! Just try not to get too offended by MB's flaming...he really is a nice guy *cough cough* haha!

Anyways, i know the majority of you are still in HS or can't get a co-sign from parents, its always easy to dream, just don't get ahead of yourselves and be disappointed in the long run when you don't get that "40G" budget you thought you could have!

lammer
04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
calm down boys!! so much hostility these days!! I understand why you want opinions from other members...there is such a variety of cars out there! its hard to choose! *my attempt to sound un-biased* Even the "Beyond Bully" is indecisive!! The only difference between him and the "bench car buyers" is that he actually goes out and buys the car...only to sell it within that year or the following!! haha...MB is constantly talking about prospective cars! Just try not to get too offended by MB's flaming...he really is a nice guy *cough cough* haha!

Anyways, i know the majority of you are still in HS or can't get a co-sign from parents, its always easy to dream, just don't get ahead of yourselves and be disappointed in the long run when you don't get that "40G" budget you thought you could have!

i know sams a nice guy. just that sometimes the jokes go to far.

Stratus_Power
04-22-2003, 11:19 PM
And you don't think you and your buddies bench car buying threads ain't getting on mine?

You guys stop starting these stupid threads, I take you guys off my sig and leave you in peace

what you think we go meet up together and discuss what kind of question we are going to post next? you want to put my name in your sig i dont care, but when you mention "us" in all the new car related thread, even when its not posted by us, then it gets annoying.

none of these thread are directed to you anyway, if it gets on your nerve then just dont open it if its posted by one of "us". but when we see you referr to us in like every new-car related thread then it just a pain

SoSlowDx
04-22-2003, 11:33 PM
STFU MB hahaha j/k um can you take my name off now haha I don't know what "...(your) gang"... you're talking about...

max_boost
04-22-2003, 11:52 PM
I am sorry if I come across as offending you!! But don't make me bust out the advice!!

Hey lammer, if you start another thread, I will close it! I am sorry! Like all reposts, they should all be deleted! That is what archives are for! Use the search button! Ok!

Look at what I found!!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13636
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13000
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11553
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11928
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11907
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11230
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10419
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9475
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9478
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9071
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9071
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6923
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6845
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6638
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5667
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5047
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4552
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4105
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3998
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3045
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2668
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2261
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1884

None of those matter!
If you still want my bowflex, I be glad to sell it to you!!
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2952

lammer
04-22-2003, 11:59 PM
okay.

some of those threads were questions i had
and conflicts i had between me and my friends about models and such. a question on VSMsirs car was about the leasing thing. i dont know anything about buying a car. and your bowflex is to late. i already have gym passes.

and about half of those are about old cars. what does that have to do with purchasing/financing new cars off lots?

and one more thing

you gotta live in my shoes and see through my eyes sometimes man. i am not like you. we are all different. I may not be as smart as you and everything. I may not be what you ever will be. but you gotta understand. everyone will talk. just because i dont do things your way and i can't back up what i say on here about buying a car doesn't make me less of a person than you on the street. I may not be able to keep up with my money and purchases but that will not make me less of a friend to someone like you are to someone else.

max_boost
04-23-2003, 12:03 AM
okay.

some of those threads were questions i had
and conflicts i had between me and my friends about models and such. a question on VSMsirs car was about the leasing thing. i dont know anything about buying a car. and your bowflex is to late. i already have gym passes.

and about half of those are about old cars. what does that have to do with purchasing/financing new cars off lots?

LOL
Nothing I guess!
My bad!:rofl:

I just figured if you were serious about a car, you would look into financing a long time ago?:dunno:

I never said anything about your character or the type of person you are now or you will be.
I just made one request for you to NOT post threads about what car to buy because you have done that on numerous occasions. And there is possibly nothing more than you can ask except to actually do the purchase.

Stratus_Power
04-23-2003, 12:10 AM
all those link seems pretty legit, few of them about difference in models without actually saying he's gonna buy them. one about leasing, some about older models, advice about getting an older or save up for new one... i dont see why you are such a bitch about it.

SoSlowDx
04-23-2003, 12:16 AM
ok ok now take my name off Sam...wtf am I first anyways haha

Superesc
04-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Well considering the original topic have been discussed (finance rate), I think lammer have the information he need to purchase his vehicle of choice. I say the thread is close without going to far off topic :D

Hope to see everyone's new ride soon. Happy Posting :thumbsup: