PDA

View Full Version : Want To Buy: Fire Extinguisher

Mar
08-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't race, but I work around the electrical on my car a lot so I'm looking for some security that my car doesn't turn into a ball of flames. So I have a few questions.

1. How much am I looking at for an extinguisher?
2. Will it work to put out an electrical fire?
3. Where's the best place to mount it?

I wouldn't mind getting one for my house either.

MudCrawler
08-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I don't race, but I work around the electrical on my car a lot so I'm looking for some security that my car doesn't turn into a ball of flames. So I have a few questions.

1. How much am I looking at for an extinguisher?
2. Will it work to put out an electrical fire?
3. Where's the best place to mount it?

I wouldn't mind getting one for my house either.

1. We are not a store, just a group of people. Go to the store and see what they have to offer in regards to size and cost.

2. It will put out an electrical fire if it is rated for class C fires. Most extinquishers these days are usually ABC rated (fibrous materials, combustible liquids, electrical fires).

3. Depends on what vehicle you have. Mine attaches right to my roll cage. If you dont have any tubing in your car/truck to strap to, install some fasteners, or an actual fire extinquisher holder where ever you wish.

Mar
08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Riiiiiiight. Anyone else who's actually willing to help? I know where I can buy one tomorrow, but someone must know of a specialty place that would have them for half that price.

MudCrawler
08-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Riiiiiiight. Anyone else who's actually willing to help? I know where I can buy one tomorrow, but someone must know of a specialty place that would have them for half that price.

If you dont find any of this helpful...

Originally posted by MudCrawler

1. We are not a store, just a group of people. Go to the store and see what they have to offer in regards to size and cost.

2. It will put out an electrical fire if it is rated for class C fires. Most extinquishers these days are usually ABC rated (fibrous materials, combustible liquids, electrical fires).

3. Depends on what vehicle you have. Mine attaches right to my roll cage. If you dont have any tubing in your car/truck to strap to, install some fasteners, or an actual fire extinquisher holder where ever you wish.
...then i dont know what kind of "help" you are going to find around here.

DeeK
08-28-2006, 10:22 AM
wow... thats not helpful?

If mudcrawler's response wasn't helpful then you are in the wrong place my friend. That was one of the most helpful responses I have seen.