PDA

View Full Version : First date - Lounge recommendation

evowannabe
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've looked way back and haven't found anything great. I need a good spot for a first date that isn't a restaurant. I'd prefer a nice lounge type place that serves martini's and beer. Something with a good atmosphere, not too loud or too stuffy.

Idea's i have so far:

Viscious Circle
Ming
Jupiter

Help appreciated!

t-im
08-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Mercury.

Not exactly quiet, but neither is Viscious Circle.

Boosted_TL
08-29-2006, 11:01 PM
To be honest with you, M bar in the Sandman Hotel is a good little upstairs lounge.

l/l/rX
08-29-2006, 11:29 PM
bungalow, luckys, perhaps any 5 star hotel lounge???

bungalow n luckys arent exactly quiet on wknds either...just nice small classy looking places.
fuel during the weekdays is quiet. metropolitan grill. find those 2 much nicer than ming and vicious circle.
mind you the 4 i mentioned i find nicer than mings and vicious circle.

GTS Jeff
08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Seriously, who cares where you go? Not the chick you're taking, that's for sure.

As long as you don't go to for a fast food date, it'll be fine. The important thing to do here is to show the lady what a sex god you are. Good luck!! :thumbsup:

snade831
08-30-2006, 03:03 AM
Are there any lounges that aren't too loud?

2.2vtec
08-30-2006, 03:05 AM
I was just at fuel yesterday and you can definetly have a conversation with someone over the music.

szw
08-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Koi has a nice atmosphere. Have some organic beer.

Mckenzie
08-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Vicious circle hands down. They have cool art work, great music of all kinds, cool couches, cool menus, great little appetizers, big cookies and its a cool spot on the corner there. Thats where I took my current GF of 1 year on our first date and it always comes up in conversation somehow...neat place. :thumbsup:

Drew
08-30-2006, 10:10 PM
no name lounge

Gondi Stylez
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
the met :thumbsup:

kerry
08-30-2006, 10:37 PM
No name +1

Or Ming...

bspot
08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Seriously, who cares where you go? Not the chick you're taking, that's for sure.

As long as you don't go to for a fast food date, it'll be fine. The important thing to do here is to show the lady what a sex god you are. Good luck!! :thumbsup:

Hahaha, if everything goes to plan he should be doing just that... right about.... now (1 hour in... more than long enough).

Mr. Burns
08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
It's too bad Mortal Coil closed down. That place was tits.

max_boost
08-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Be Wet Lounge inside Sheraton Eau Claire. I have a buddy that bartends there. It's quiet season right now. Very nice place, great drinks, definitely an excellent place to have good conversation. :thumbsup:

DeeK
08-31-2006, 09:02 AM
No name or Ming for sure :D

air_mikey
08-31-2006, 09:10 AM
No name gets my vote. :thumbsup:

acura_el
08-31-2006, 09:20 AM
IMO i dont think you should go to a lounge on a first date

take her out somewhere fun or a place that has built in conversation. mini golf is always good, esp glow in the dark cuz u can really bring our her competitive side and let her hear about it when she screws up. there's a lot of opportunity to make things interesting

p.s. if u go that route, dont let her win...good luck :thumbsup:

mekeni
08-31-2006, 09:22 AM
met grill :thumbsup:

Evo prec
08-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Met Grill on stephen avenue
Mercury
bungalow

All more trendy places

sputnik
08-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Vicious Circle sucks... unless you like stinking like smoke when you leave.

adamc
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
I can't believe people recommend ming, that place is terrible.

I went for the first time a week or so ago, they had FOUR items on the menu that they hadn't "run out" of.

The drinks were poorly constructed, and took forever to get to the table, and the food I did eat (ginger beef, spring rolls) was so bad that I sent it back.

Uncomfortable seating - plastic chairs, wtf?

They were playing good music though, I'll give them that.

:whocares:

Billet
08-31-2006, 11:24 AM
speak easy

adam c
08-31-2006, 11:36 AM
upstairs of Mynt?
last time i was there it was fairly quite

Mckenzie
08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by acura_el
IMO i dont think you should go to a lounge on a first date

take her out somewhere fun or a place that has built in conversation. mini golf is always good, esp glow in the dark cuz u can really bring our her competitive side and let her hear about it when she screws up. there's a lot of opportunity to make things interesting

p.s. if u go that route, dont let her win...good luck :thumbsup:

I agree with this....an activity is the best first date idea you can do possible. Mine was bowling followed up by drinks at a lounge....you could get an activity in and the alcohol in to loosen things up a bit. :thumbsup:

EnRich
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I'd say Joey Tomoato's in Chinook... best lounge I've ever been to.

~Leah~
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

I agree with this....an activity is the best first date idea you can do possible. Mine was bowling followed up by drinks at a lounge....you could get an activity in and the alcohol in to loosen things up a bit. :thumbsup:
:werd: :werd:

But at the same time, it depends on the girl. If she's actually competitve and into that stuff, or if she'd rather just sit and talk, you'll get a different reaction.

eb0i
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Bungalow and Mings, both on 17th and right beside one another. Getting a fish bowl at Mings to share between you and your date is :bigpimp:

Lo)2enz0
08-31-2006, 02:22 PM
i would have to say LAURIER lounge lol

i still haven't been there, i wonder if i could get a free drink...

but for real, bungalo all the`way

Evro
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
I think lucky's is a good choice, right in centre of 17th, nice for a walk afterwards plues its not too loud

or...

the cecil hotel, i hear its a classy joint :bigpimp:

Mckenzie
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

:werd: :werd:

But at the same time, it depends on the girl. If she's actually competitve and into that stuff, or if she'd rather just sit and talk, you'll get a different reaction.

Yes true as well. I think whether she is into it or not it will be more memorable than drinks as that seems to be way too predictable, boring and akward. Nothing like a couple high fives or goofing around on a mini-golf course or bowling lane for excitement and memorable factor.

My .02 :thumbsup: