PDA

View Full Version : Reliable source for lower priced coilovers

Redlyne_mr2
08-30-2006, 07:36 AM
This site offers d2 and k sport coilovers for ridiculously cheap, theyre in BC as well so its all Canadian. K sport now has a road race specific coilover and an inverted monotube setup as well. i almost wish I knew about these before I bought what I have.
http://www.imageinmotion.com/ksport.php

Aznshadow85
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
thanks man

djayz
08-31-2006, 08:42 PM
anybody have these on there car
or can give any feedback?

looking to purchase them cuz its a crazy deal

jvillain
09-01-2006, 12:38 AM
The part that the end link bolts to can rotate on the KSports if I remember right which makes them a bad choice. You might want to look for a shock dyno before you buy your coilovers.

Redlyne_mr2
09-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by jvillain
The part that the end link bolts to can rotate on the KSports if I remember right which makes them a bad choice. You might want to look for a shock dyno before you buy your coilovers.

There was a shock dyno posted on the d2s..which wasnt good at all. The K sports specifically the inverted monotubes actually performed very very well. I already have other coilovers but these would make a good cheap replacement should I need to send my other ones out if and once they blow. They are made in the same factory as apexi coilovers.

Zephyr
09-01-2006, 03:09 AM
I dont know what the hell k-sport did, but their coils truly suck. I was playing wtih them for a friend's Sentra SE-R, wow these coils are ridiculous...

You don't even have a bracket to hold the brake line, you have a thin metal piece that looks like a messed up wrench, but in reality it's the bracket that you have to magically bend and attach to the coil. Plus setting the heights is ridiculous too, the bottom collar adjusts beyond safety, and their height play really sucks.

K-Sport :thumbsdow

djayz
09-01-2006, 05:06 AM
so it seems theres more nays than yays.
the coilovers look well built to me but pictures are quite deceaving.

any other opinions on these?

Aznshadow85
09-01-2006, 05:24 AM
if not these, which coilovers do you guys recommend then?

Redlyne_mr2
09-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
I dont know what the hell k-sport did, but their coils truly suck. I was playing wtih them for a friend's Sentra SE-R, wow these coils are ridiculous...

You don't even have a bracket to hold the brake line, you have a thin metal piece that looks like a messed up wrench, but in reality it's the bracket that you have to magically bend and attach to the coil. Plus setting the heights is ridiculous too, the bottom collar adjusts beyond safety, and their height play really sucks.

K-Sport :thumbsdow
I cant say that I havent seen them in person so I cant say anything about quality. What I do know is that my Kei Office coilovers never came with a bracket either for my lines and those were $3000+ coilovers.

jvillain
09-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Toyota picked a crappy way to mount our brake lines on the deuce. A lot of companies would rather just skip the brake line mount rather than try to re-engineer the thing.

Redlyne_mr2
09-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by jvillain
Toyota picked a crappy way to mount our brake lines on the deuce. A lot of companies would rather just skip the brake line mount rather than try to re-engineer the thing.
Sure did, BTW I got it wrong, there is a hook for my brake lines but not my abs lines.

djayz
09-03-2006, 12:40 AM
it wouldnt be very hard to put on a brake line clip anyways
a small clip with a small weld and youd be good to go.
i dont see how thats a big issue

how are these performance wise anybody blow these out or bend a fork or anything like that?

SI_futbol
09-20-2006, 04:00 PM
yeah i'm in need of some, are these good or not. i'm not willing to test em outt. but wats the verdict

Ghettobaby
09-20-2006, 05:11 PM
don't ask that kind of question here, ask it on mr2oc. Different applications means different anwsers, while on mr2oc you'll get mainly mr2 owners perspective.

SI_futbol
09-20-2006, 10:15 PM
ayyeeee y do u guys do this 2 me gawd. now i have to open another window and type and shit. u should all go swallow a set of knives.