PDA

View Full Version : Civic Specific Forums

Mar
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Is there a demand for this? I was thinking about creating a website specifically for Civic enthusiasts, like the RSX clubs and the SRT4 clubs and stuff like that. I realized all we really have right now is Beyond which is great but it's really a mix without specific information to my vehicle. No DIY, nothing like that. We'd even have weekly meets, who would be interested in joining something like that? There'd be a forum on the website as well if it were to happen.

P.S. Can I even post this on this forum? Is that allowed?

Honda_002
08-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Obviously honda is the predominant car choice on this forum (unfortunatly:rofl: jk) but try 403 honda, its a calgary based honda forum

dj_honda
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
all those clubs have a more mature and specific mindset.

the problem with civics is, there are people who are into performance (a very SMALL minority), and then people who are into the rice (the vast majority).

you might be able to get away with making a 7th gen specific civic forum. :dunno:

Honda_002
08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda

the problem with civics is, there are people who are into performance (a very SMALL minority), and then people who are into the rice (the vast majority).

you might be able to get away with making a 7th gen specific civic forum. :dunno:
sooo true

Vietsta
08-30-2006, 11:26 AM
civic nation???:dunno:

shifted
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
civicevolutions.com

Mar
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda

I thought about that as well. We do have www.7thgencivic.com but probably 1% of the members on there, or less, are from Canada. Let alone Alberta. And a more mature idea is what I had in mind, but I realize most of the Civic owners are younger and poorer. Maybe I'll set up a forum and see what happens. :dunno:

Mar
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I just bought the domain, I'm waiting for the hosting company to route the domain to the IP and then I'll set up some PHPBB script, should be running by tomorrow! :thumbsup:

black_radiation
08-30-2006, 10:43 PM
www.clubcivic.com one of the longest running honda forums

riced
08-30-2006, 10:47 PM
www.8thcivic.com

this one is for the new 2006-2007 civics.
quite a mature group on this board, as i am part of it.
they seem to be a bunch of Si/non-si (mostly Si) owners getting started on their cars because parts are still quite somewhat difficult to get.
most people are still talking about CAI's/SRI's, headers, exhausts and now turbos/superchargers.

should go check it out if you own an 06 civic.

Mar
08-30-2006, 11:07 PM
haha now the domains start pouring in! It's all good though, I haven't seen an Alberta specific one yet. And I have a 2005, I prefer that body style I think. I scooped one up just before the 2006 got released last year.

riced
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
really? im so digging the 06 body style. its so different from all the civics and really makes it stand out this year. even though its a civic, its so sleek and i dunno.... well cool.

Mar
08-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Ya the Si I'm starting to like, but I hated the body style when I first seen it on the sedans. I just don't like the lines on the front, the rest of it is pretty much okay. If I had to choose again, not sure what I would do. It's fun modifying my car where there's lots of DIY available since everyone's done it. Yet it's still new in comparison.

Mar
08-30-2006, 11:20 PM
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2005/civic_coupe/customize/base_cars/SI_SE_34FRONT.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2006/civic_si/customize/base_car/SI_si_34FRONT.jpg

Lo)2enz0
08-30-2006, 11:38 PM
www.jdmcivic.com

the problem with a local community is most civic drivers are young. so you can expect people screwing around when you meet up

Mar
09-02-2006, 11:59 PM
www.em2ab.com

:bigpimp: