PDA

View Full Version : Fs: Spence Diamond Ring

autumnrain
08-30-2006, 03:32 PM
posting for a friend::

i have a white gold and princess cut diamond ring i brought from spence diamond two year.. i was going to give it to my gf but we broke up.. and its been sitting here since... i still have the receipt looking for a quick sale.. brought it for $800 .. asking 500 OBO pics coming..

sputnik
08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
What is the grading of the diamond?

Thaco
08-31-2006, 08:18 AM
wasn't there some radio commercial saying that you can return it to them at any time and they'll take it back because diamonds only appreciate never depreciate?

Maybe you should call them up.

pinoyhero
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
On a diamond worth 500 the heading won't matter very much as it can't be big enough to really matter. After the cost of tbr settings this diamond can't be worth more than 250 and on something of that value the 4cs won't be all that material.

autumnrain
09-01-2006, 12:02 AM
yeah that what i remembered but they said you have to purchase their extended warranty or somethign like that.. so yeah.. i can't do that.. not sure on grading.. i still have the receipt and acutally paid 747.93.. soo willing ot go 400 OBO

nj2Type-S
09-01-2006, 01:00 AM
pix?

dodger97
09-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Actually, in my experience...they will take back only in trade...they will value the total price of the diamond but you have to purchase a new item for twice the cost of the original.

ie. bought for $800 will give you $800 credit but you have to purchase new item for $1600.

really not a bad deal...I didn't notice any expiration date on contract so you could do this years down the road.

I'm sure someone else will dispute this...

Edit: one more thing...they will take back - no questions asked...full refund within 45 days

autumnrain
09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
pic

netwise
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I called a few months back because I have a spare ring now...

The return for full refund is only on products purchased since that came into affect, which was something like the beginning of the year.

The trade up policy is 50% or more, and they're negotiable on that. I think the first ring I had was $2500 total, and the trade up was to something about $3600 and that was fine. The trade up, at least at the time, was lifetime, but was only relating to the value of the primary or center stone or something. The ring I had had two smaller diamonds on either side, and they had to be replaced, something about hte new ring/stone needing bigger side diamonds - seemed like a scam, but whatever.