PDA

View Full Version : Alienware...

ICEBERG
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi guy's

I was thinking about ordering a laptop from Alienware. But after doing some research on the net i am double guessing my self.

I heard horor stories about their customer service. I think there is also lot of civil law suits agaist them. Like never giving back your rebate, and the computer you order takes months for them to have ready. Also their quality i heard went down hill.

Did they get bought out by DELL?? This could answer some of my questions since i had bad experience with Dell and their customer service.

Any advice?

thanks.

Altezza
08-31-2006, 04:58 PM
You are correct, they were bought by Dell.

Ripper
08-31-2006, 04:58 PM
When I was looking at a highend laptop, I considered alienware... but ended up with voodoopc (based out of calgary).

I can't say I was too happy with my service and product in the end, especially for the premium you pay there. It is sweet looking though haha.

iceburns288
08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
I have one, it's very pretty and very fast, but that's the components speaking. Shitty customer service, yes. Very shitty. Very misleading as well (shorted us a $100 rebate). Dell better have made them clean up their act, but I wouldn't recommend them until I'm sure they have.:thumbsdow

Kona9
08-31-2006, 05:11 PM
not to hijack or change topic. (Although it seems a partial resolve of the original question has been answered...) but Has anyone dealt with MDG? Any comments?

eblend
08-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Has anyone dealt with MDG? Any comments?

Don't

Thats all there is to say

Kona9
08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Don't

Thats all there is to say
haha thanks!! easy as 1!! 2 and 3 not needed.

01RedDX
09-01-2006, 10:25 PM

gongSHOW
09-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
not to hijack or change topic. (Although it seems a partial resolve of the original question has been answered...) but Has anyone dealt with MDG? Any comments?
I bought a computer there, any if you know half of what you are talking about they don't try and fuck you over. But, most of the SA are really shady. I found the Calgary store is better than most, but if you want and at least get a price or whatever, go talk to Pete. He's the manager and won't screw you over. They do have some pretty killer deals there as well.

heinz256
09-02-2006, 02:23 AM
just go to redflagdeals and read all the threads about it there..

dragonone
09-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by gongSHOW

I bought a computer there, any if you know half of what you are talking about they don't try and fuck you over. But, most of the SA are really shady. I found the Calgary store is better than most, but if you want and at least get a price or whatever, go talk to Pete. He's the manager and won't screw you over. They do have some pretty killer deals there as well.

how 'bout no and save us from another horror story thread, unless mr. pete wants to be personally responsible for every single sale through this thread's advertisement

Crymson
09-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Go with VooDoo if you have the money for alienware. Same sort of thing, AND i beleive they're based in CAlgary, which is really handy.