PDA

View Full Version : Desperately NEED help!

coronaboyaj
08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Well as most of you know, I fried my ECU bout a month ago when someone from work came to boost me and they revved up there truck. Not only that, but I fucked up even more when I tried starting it longer then in 30 second intervals, and also, as stupid as it sounds, hooked the battery in backwards... (both my cables are black with and the red rubber cover was off the positive one at the time...) honest stupid mistake. Now Ive got a new ECU(finally the right one) replaced my distributor, ignition module, and spark plugs. The car runs for a brief 3-4 seconds then stalls out, after that you have to let it sit for a while cuz it wont start at all. I know the fuel pump is priming, and as it starts Im sure I have spark. I dont know what else to do, my mr2's been out for a month now and work is gettin on my case as Im supposed to have it runnin to be able to work. Its come to the point where Im fed up with it, Ive asked before on this forum and some of you helped. Now Im asking once agian, as I REALLY need help. Like beggin on my friggin knee's help. I cant pay ya in cash, but I could possibly pay ya in beer in the future. :) Anyone willing to help me out that'd be awesome.. I dont know where else to look to. I have no connections out here as Ive moved here from Winnipeg and havent had any time to get out and meet anyone..(cept for friday nites at racecity)...

Thanx to anyone that can help in advance...
AJ

thinmyster
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
copy and paste this on mr2oc there is some pretty knowledgeable guys there and way more traffic

Ek9Max
09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
soudns like you have a huge boost leak. But could totally be something else.....

Those are symptoms like when you have the IC pipe off or something.

Also if your timing belt skipped a tooth it could be the culprit.
Try loosening the Dizzy and cranking it one way or the other. Then start, see if it runs then try the other way.

Redlyne_mr2
09-01-2006, 01:57 AM
His car is NA...but yeah check around the airbox area make sure all hoses are connected. Can you start it and hold the rpms up?

coronaboyaj
09-01-2006, 08:13 PM
thanx. no, if I start it and put my foot on the gas it stalls out right away. Im gona recheck all the hoses around the airbox as well maybe double check all my battery clamps and grounds to make sure they're tight, maybe the shop didnt tighten them all the way, or theres just some bad connection on the grounds.. also Im told to look at the AFM to see if its puttin out the proper amount of fuel, cuz the shop may have messed with that and now its not puttin out enough fuel, or puts out lots of fuel to start it, but doesnt cont. to put out the right amount

thanx, anymore suggestions lemme know

AJ

Also if anyone wants to add me to MSN my msn addy is [email protected]. (hope I can post that on here, if not SORRY!)