PDA

View Full Version : Fast cars and Bad Attitudes

TurboCAT
09-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Let me start by saying this. I love cars. I love all cars despite make or model. I find them technically interesting and some of them aesthetically pleasing. I really love my car, but I don’t have a great deal of attitude about it being better than any other car.

This is a story about the Honda S2000 I met up with this morning on my way to work.

So I see this really nice looking, clean Black S2000 and it’s zipping around in traffic. He catches up to me and pulls up beside.

Myles: "That thing sounds great! What have you done to it?"
DinksforeyesPassenger: “you should get one” said with lots of attitude as if I would be stupid not to immediately go trade in my car for an S2000
S2000Driver: “nothing”
Myles: “So that’s the factory engine/exhaust sound of an S2000? Sounds great!”
DinksforeyesPassenger: repeats “you should get one” said with lots of attitude as if I would be stupid not to immediately go trade in my car for an S2000

Myles: “I’m happy with my SVT”
S2000Driver: “no it’s not quite factory”
DinksforeyesPassenger: repeats “you should get one” said with lots of attitude as if I would be stupid not to immediately go trade in my car for an S2000

At this point I figure DinksforeyesPassenger only knows 4 words and the light turns green, I drive away.

They catch up through traffic again a few lights later.

DinksforeyesPassenger: “let’s do it!”
Myles: “Not really a good idea guys, take it to the track. I’m driving to work”
DinksforeyesPassenger: “how much horsepower you have?”
Myles: “not sure, just put the supercharger on a few weeks ago and I haven’t really finished tuning it yet. Haven’t dyno’d it either”

So the light turns green, I say goodbye and just start rolling away. I’m not trying to race at this point. I hear the S2000 squawk its tires from behind me and so I open up my throttle some more. The S2000 blows by me with some serious zeal. It was impressive. I didn’t hear a supercharger or any BOV, so I’m not sure how it was so quick. But it was pretty zippy.

So I don’t really mind that an S2000 is faster than my car. It sounded great and likely had a lot of work put into making it quick.

What bugs me is the attitude of DinksforeyesPassenger. I mean, it’s not even his car. Why cop me a bunch of arrogant attitude? I can understand the driver being proud of his vehicle, but c’mon, DinksforeyesPassenger, step up when you have your own car. Until then show some respect for fellow car enthusiasts.

bspot
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Welcome to driving a domestic ;)

I have 1989 accord owners tell me the same things :(

JRSC00LUDE
09-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TurboCAT
So I don’t really mind that an S2000 is faster than my car. It sounded great and likely had a lot of work put into making it quick.

You should get one!

(said with lots of attitude as if you would be stupid not to immediately go trade in your car for an S2000)
:D

TurboCAT
09-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey BSSpot.

How's that cobalt SS to drive? They seem like a pretty neat car but I haven't had a chance to read about them at all. I'd like to check it out sometime.

And for that S2000, it should beware. Next time I won't go so easy. :burnout:

It's not an excuse, but my car is very much a work in progress right now.

acura_el
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
you should have told DinksforeyesPassenger to get one :D

Rav4Guy
09-01-2006, 12:49 PM
how do you know it's not his S2000? It's only a honda.

gpomp
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
get your car tuned and hunt him down. :thumbsup:

rc2002
09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
haha, it's only an S2K. Not much to brag about. The passenger must've been a poor honda fan-boy.

On the same note, I find that drivers of exotics and "sports" cars are very poor drivers. Most of them drive like asses like they own the road.

TurboCAT
09-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I'd like to know the specs on taht S2000. It really sounded good for a honda. Really deep and growly.

l8braker
09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
He probably has a small dick.

Don't take it so personally :)

Graham_A_M
09-02-2006, 12:45 AM
wow.. I used to work at a Ford dealership.. the SVT focus is fairly fast... but awful in handling... just horrendous. the "you should get one" comments should have been apologized for, for sure.. to both you and the honda driver. I'd laugh if the S2k owner had a passenger and they were saying the same thing to your passenger "you should get one" that would be a lot more expected. :rofl: their wicked cars. I'm not an import fan at all anymore but I would still like to have one no doubt.

SilverStreak
09-03-2006, 08:45 AM
If I see that black S2000 that you speak of with the dumb ass passenger, I'll test out what he has for you.

atomic
09-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
wow.. I used to work at a Ford dealership.. the SVT focus is fairly fast... but awful in handling... just horrendous. the "you should get one" comments should have been apologized for, for sure.. to both you and the honda driver. I'd laugh if the S2k owner had a passenger and they were saying the same thing to your passenger "you should get one" that would be a lot more expected. :rofl: their wicked cars. I'm not an import fan at all anymore but I would still like to have one no doubt.

lol the s2000 is a nice car and quick . it handles well and is obvoiusly very respected in the roadcourse community.

your statement regarding the svt focus is proof that you have no expierence driving the car . i defend that car because i have driven one and the actual facts by magazine articles praising it's handling . in some cases, comparing the svt focus TO the s2000 and M3 for handling .

for those who don' t know, the SVT Focus is the actual european model brought to north america . it's called the ST170 in europe . the motor and most of the car was designed by Cosworth and most peices are stamped with Cosworth Engineering. the suspension is lowered 1 inch then the regular focus with a new suspension setup, and rear anti sway bar is 21mm from factory! also has a 6 speed getrag transmission (same one as the cooper S). the front brakes are 11.8 Inches and the rear are 11 Inches. the motor hosts true variable valve timing and a dual stage intake . 65 mm throttle body, 3" intake piping and 2.25" exhaust. and if you ever had the expierence of seeing the SVT Focus header..... WOW :drool:

in the future, use www.google.com for research before posting.

i beleive the only complaint i would have about the svt focus is it's 170 hp (149 lbs torque). but there are a few in calgary floating around with turbo's and superchargers .

euro_racer
09-03-2006, 11:13 AM
they are very nice cars i really wouldnt mind one, only thing i dont like about them is the interior (mainly the dash board) but other then that nice car :thumbsup:

ive seen a blue with 17inch gunmetal turbo charged svt once and he pulled a couple times while i was cruising next to him because he noticed we were staring at the car non stop and drooling and all i can do is drool soeme more when he pulled it was soo quick....i deffinately was not expectiong that, caught me right by suprise :thumbsup:

atomic
09-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
they are very nice cars i really wouldnt mind one, only thing i dont like about them is the interior (mainly the dash board) but other then that nice car :thumbsup:

ive seen a blue with 17inch gunmetal turbo charged svt once and he pulled a couple times while i was cruising next to him because he noticed we were staring at the car non stop and drooling and all i can do is drool soeme more when he pulled it was soo quick....i deffinately was not expectiong that, caught me right by suprise :thumbsup:

is it this one?
http://atomic.speculation.org/Graphics/2006-08-13%20Calgary%20Rebuilt%20Neko%20SVT/DSC05976.JPG

i know there are two black ones i've seen . one is turbo charged and another i supercharged .

i don't know how fast the blue one is either

euro_racer
09-03-2006, 11:24 AM
yep thats the one...what a sleeper :bigpimp:

88CRXGUY
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
I ain't much of a fan of Ford and their products but that looks sweet. I especially like the color..

bspot
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by TurboCAT
Hey BSSpot.

How's that cobalt SS to drive? They seem like a pretty neat car but I haven't had a chance to read about them at all. I'd like to check it out sometime.

And for that S2000, it should beware. Next time I won't go so easy. :burnout:

It's not an excuse, but my car is very much a work in progress right now.

Overall I'm happy with it. For what I paid, its a fun car to drive, is the least ugly domestic interior I've ever had, and its good on gas. It has its annoyances, and the SRT-4 is a faster and easier to upgrade option for sure, but its not too bad.

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Overall I'm happy with it. For what I paid, its a fun car to drive, is the least ugly domestic interior I've ever had, and its good on gas. It has its annoyances, and the SRT-4 is a faster and easier to upgrade option for sure, but its not too bad.

How dare you give praise to the srt-4 over our cars! you're no longer my cobalt friend on this forum! TRAITOR ;)

nah i agree though. I wanted a 2 door car that was fairly quick and very reasonably priced. Racing srt-4's is fun :D i like racing the kids who are 18-19 in the srt-4's and dont know how to drive and spanking them :thumbsup:

OP: how do you find the focus svt? I love those cars! :thumbsup:

teggypimp95
09-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I read a while back ( sorry forget what magizine) about a comparison between the cobalt ss and the new civic si. And basicially the civic they said was a great car and you got what you paid for, but they stated that the ss what a peice of junk and was one of the worse demestic sport cars to ever hit the streets. Just what a read.:dunno:

Spatz
09-05-2006, 01:31 PM
hate when passengers think the god because there riding in their friends car.

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
I read a while back ( sorry forget what magizine) about a comparison between the cobalt ss and the new civic si. And basicially the civic they said was a great car and you got what you paid for, but they stated that the ss what a peice of junk and was one of the worse demestic sport cars to ever hit the streets. Just what a read.:dunno:

Wow, only review ive ever heard that from. While i'll agree the build quality is much better in the new civic, i liked the feeling of power and the drive more in the cobalt. Si just felt gutless after driving the SS/SC.

However, I think both are remarkable cars.

If you find out which magazine that was from post the article so I can email them about their ignorance ;)

Originally posted by Spatz

Lol the worst is friends in a piece of shit car. Nothing funnier than "the friend" riding shotty in a cavalier or something haha. man for some reason they think they're so hardcore.

euro_racer
09-05-2006, 01:47 PM

:werd: same thing as taking pride in something that isnt even yours..pretty stupid

Sprinter
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't think that the Focus would have poor handling, I mean they do use them for rally racing :thumbsup:

I remember seeing a 2004 SVT selling for around $20,000... 170HP, damn that would've been way better than a brand new 2004 Civic Si

Originally posted by Rav4Guy
how do you know it's not his S2000? It's only a honda.

:thumbsup: Toyota Pride :thumbsup:

I just wish Vtec never existed :(

DepTrotter
09-05-2006, 03:56 PM
more than you can afford

HONDA

atomic
09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
more than you can afford

HONDA

? :dunno:

Graham_A_M
09-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95

I'll bet money that was from a California based publication like "Importtuner" or something. Their about as biased towards some brands as would be a Redneck biased againest colored people.

FivE.SeveN
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
more than you can afford

HONDA

bahahaha :rofl:

Genjuro
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM

no shit hey.
this homo and his boyfriend with their riced up black civic tried to "race" me today on my way home... With my practically stock old teg. please kiddies, instead of yelling, clog that throat up with your bf's dick and give your honda back to your mom. after me EASILY toying in front of them and pulling away onto my turn off both fags screaming like they are hot shit.
its not even your car, so dont talk bitch.

DepTrotter
09-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by atomic

? :dunno:

think

fast and the furious

Nissanaddict
09-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I have a few gripes with the Cobalt SS non-SC, but mostly aesthetic stuff. The power's fine for a 2.4 with cheV-tec. I'm sure the SC model is fun as hell though. Speed and power fix everything.

403Gemini
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Genjuro

no shit hey.
this homo and his boyfriend with their riced up black civic tried to "race" me today on my way home... With my practically stock old teg. please kiddies, instead of yelling, clog that throat up with your bf's dick and give your honda back to your mom. after me EASILY toying in front of them and pulling away onto my turn off both fags screaming like they are hot shit.
its not even your car, so dont talk bitch.

was that up 162nd?! i think i saw that and i laughed at the civic!!!! haha

the homo in the passenger seat in the honda was like hanging out the window yelling something lol oh man im like "what fags..." haha

bspot
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
cheV-tec

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

403Gemini
09-06-2006, 10:44 AM
my buddy has a 2.4L cobalt, its pretty quick for a NA car, but he bags it since he learned how to drive standard on it and revs it up to 5-6k rpm EVERY gear, EVERY time. the idiot doesnt listen to me when i say take it easy lol

bigboom
09-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by atomic

is it this one?
http://atomic.speculation.org/Graphics/2006-08-13%20Calgary%20Rebuilt%20Neko%20SVT/DSC05976.JPG

i know there are two black ones i've seen . one is turbo charged and another i supercharged .

i don't know how fast the blue one is either

just tell them how fast your car is and the work you put into what did you call it again? Nemo? :)

atomic
09-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

just tell them how fast your car is and the work you put into what did you call it again? Nemo? :)

neko :)

we don't know how fast it is . hasn't seen a dyno yet . only road tuned .

Genjuro
09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

was that up 162nd?! i think i saw that and i laughed at the civic!!!! haha

the homo in the passenger seat in the honda was like hanging out the window yelling something lol oh man im like "what fags..." haha

yeah dude lol... hope one of them are on beyond.. hmm

fast95pony
09-15-2006, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
wow.. I used to work at a Ford dealership.. the SVT focus is fairly fast... but awful in handling... just horrendous.

After autocrossing one for 4 years, I strongly disagree with that comment. If/when you get your Sky Redline,I'll gladly meet you at event and show you how an SVT Focus handles.. ;)