PDA

View Full Version : Whats with Muscle car drivers!!!!

T78Supra1
09-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Okay this morning i was driving in my Supra, and i here this roaring 196o somthing domestic muscle car rip past me. So i get to the light and he rolls down his window to tell me that i should stay away from the honda civics and buy an man's car.

First of all since when is a Supra a honda civic.!!!!!
So i take off at the light and beat this old fart by 6 car lengths.

i can here his tires squeeel and his engine roar, however at the next light he tells me that his car is just way to fast to rip it open on the streets he needs at least a mile of clearence.

What pisses me off is that these muscle car drivers have no respect for the sport compact scene.
I knew that my Supra would destroy his american tin can.
But what can you say these guys will always think they are faster.

JspecB16
09-01-2006, 03:20 PM
You could..... tell him to meet u @ race city and have a real race.
Then he nor you have any excuses, and it will be legal as well. If he says no, then tell him to walk and not talk.:thumbsup:

Rockski
09-01-2006, 03:24 PM
you know you get the same kinda people driving imports that have the same problem and dont give domestics any respect

T78Supra1
09-01-2006, 03:27 PM
you know you get the same kinda people driving imports that have the same problem and dont give domestics any respect

True but every import driver knows that a muscle car is fast...
to some may be butt ugly, but interms of speed i have yet to meet an import driver that would tell you that a muscle car is slow

iceburns288
09-01-2006, 03:29 PM
What's with Supra drivers? They always think that because someone, somewhere built a 1500+whp Supra (not saying that it's the only one, I know that engine has tons of potential) that they think their car is a 1500whp car too. Not pointing out you, I'm just saying, since you kinda reminded me...;)

Really though, you may think the guy was being a dick and are saying shit about guys who drive muscle cars, but some muscle car guys somewhere are saying shit about Supra owners, etc etc, like someone said above.

Rockski
09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
shits the same on both sides of the fence once you accept that its gonna happen and dont get all pissy aboot it the world becomes a bit of a better place

Kona9
09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
he said she said = :thumbsup:

inviting him to race city to put his money where his mouth is = :thumbsup:

there are losers everywhere!!

JRSC00LUDE
09-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh he likely just got waxed one day by some turbo honda and got all depressed and now he's got himself a big holley 850 double pumper, some new cams and an exhaust to compliment the big chip on his shoulder.

Another typical high school football hero......

T78Supra1
09-01-2006, 04:05 PM
:werd:

JspecB16
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Oh he likely just got waxed one day by some turbo honda and got all depressed and now he's got himself a big holley 850 double pumper, some new cams and an exhaust to compliment the big chip on his shoulder.

LOL:thumbsup: :rofl:

pinoyhero
09-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rockski

Very true.

cman
09-01-2006, 04:16 PM
:werd: Everyone hates these assholes, just have to shake your head at them and move on with life...After smoking them of course

Rockski
09-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by cman

:werd: Everyone hates these assholes, just have to shake your head at them and move on with life...After smoking them of course

hahaha Bingo

Tik-Tok
09-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1
Okay this morning i was driving in my Supra, and i here this roaring 196o somthing ....
First of all since when is a Supra a honda civic.!!!!!

I find it funny you don't know what he was driving, but you expect him to know what you are driving.

The guy was just being an ass, sadly many of the redneck muscle car enthusiasts have this opinion, these people aren't really car enthusiasts, they are just ass's.

My boss is my hero. He has a mint condition 1970 Boss Mustang, as well as a mint condition 1992 Turbo Supra...

tentacles
09-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Who the heck expects a 45 yr old car to be as fast as a 15 yr old one? It's as if some people think technology goes backwards in the car world or something.

Tik-Tok
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
Who the heck expects a 45 yr old car to be as fast as a 15 yr old one? It's as if some people think technology goes backwards in the car world or something.

Because back in the 60's (and early 70's) there wasn't any emissions controls on cars. It didn't take technology to make 400 hp back then, it just took bigger heads.

nonsane
09-01-2006, 05:16 PM
lol, driving up 162nd the other day there was a guy in a bright orange with spraypainted black accents everytime he would leave a light he had to squeal the tires. :rolleyes:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
One guy drives a domestic "something" and races like an idiot at stoplights.

The other drives a Supra and whines about it on the Internet.

I'd say you both lose.

shits the same on both sides of the fence once you accept that its gonna happen and dont get all pissy aboot it the world becomes a bit of a better place

That's the truth and nothing but. Most of the import drivers I know are nice guys, so are most of the moscle car drivers I know. There's bad apples in both bunchs, but the vast majority are just normal people.

EK 2.0
09-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by JspecB16
You could..... tell him to meet u @ race city and have a real race.
Then he nor you have any excuses, and it will be legal as well. If he says no, then tell him to walk and not talk.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Kona9
he said she said = :thumbsup:

inviting him to race city to put his money where his mouth is = :thumbsup:

there are losers everywhere!!

He can't challenge him...the guy said he needs a MILE of clearnace...not a 1/4...:dunno:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Not cams...CAM...you can't fit 2 cams in the middle of a block...

Graham_A_M
09-02-2006, 12:28 AM

okay... his car is naturally aspirated.. yours is twin turbo.. no shit you won Socrates!! try taking the turbos off your car and having a race. :thumbsup:I'd say even today those cars are amazingly fast considering their now officially 40 years old. that technology is ancient... yet some of them are still 11 second cars (1969 Camaro ZL-1) Is your car a 11 second car?.. leave alone 40 year old technology to boot? yet your online whinning... and calling him an asshole? :thumbsup:

I'm a "musle car driver" too.. I drive a Trans am. (only after selling my disasterous mazda shitbox) The only "shaking my head" I do is at the ricers that are totally "bigot-like" with their TT supra's and TT 300ZX's thinking these muscle cars are slow.
Well let me throw twin turbo's on my 5.0L Trans am so were even... suddenly I dont think I'll be slow at all. 1500 hp isn't hard at all while doing that... you'd be surprised. A whole 1500hp 5.7Lengine would be about $15k-$20k rather then the $30k+++ for the Supra TT engine to do the same. \meanwhile you dont have to worry about uber-tuning a JDM engine to one 1/16" of its life to do the same. A lot of these 1500 supra's you see online have $30-40k invested in them. With the same capital.. you can make almost ANY 3.0 liter or bigger engine (domestic or import) have HP ranging in the 1100+++ Its just technology and engineering; which is a forgotten concept that most people dont understand goes into these ultra-high HP engines. Its not; ADD A TURBO!!! and you have a 1350hp Supra... the engines are very thoroughly blue-printed and redone. Which is exactly what you can do to any other engine and get almost the same result. Its not just imports... 1600hp 3L buicks 1300hp Pontiac 4.3L... its the same across the board.. regardless of the manufacturer. 2000hp Chevy 502's...3000hp Chevy rat motors... Every manufacturer has its great engines; but the "assholes" to me are the people that turn a blind eye to every manufacturer but the one they want to promote... then rant about it online.

I find a lot more "assholes" in the insecure ricer variety then I "EVER" did while I used to own a (horridly slow) NA import. :dunno:

EDIT: here is a link with lots of dyno vidoes of "muscle car engines" alot of these TT engines are well about the 1000hp mark.. including the 4.3L Vortec V6. as an example
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/motors.html
where's that JZA engine eh?
yet a lot of you ricers turn a blind eye to stuff like this and you hide behind your computer and call other people assholes?

Toms-SC
09-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Oh boy oh boy are you still coming out to V8Less, I know of some people who would love to run your Supra. :)

b_t
09-02-2006, 12:54 AM
I hate any thread that has anything to do with muscle cars on this forum because about 95% of the people on this forum are fucking clueless when it comes to those things, and you all just bash these cars in your ignorance when really you have no right

his musclecar was probably just as fast, his car was probably better looking, more valuable, and more rare, and you both are equally as gay and obnoxious

the entire supra community averages out to being about as pretentious and snobby (edit: and whiney) as the british royal family. just shut the fuck up.

The Cosworth
09-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by b_t
I hate any thread that has anything to do with muscle cars on this forum because about 95% of the people on this forum are fucking clueless when it comes to those things, and you all just bash these cars in your ignorance when really you have no right

his musclecar was probably just as fast, his car was probably better looking, more valuable, and more rare, and you both are equally as gay and obnoxious

Originally posted by Tik_Tok

I find it funny you don't know what he was driving, but you expect him to know what you are driving.

I second both of these

:thumbsup:

AzN'SKillZ
09-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

okay... his car is naturally aspirated.. yours is twin turbo.. no shit you won Socrates!! try taking the turbos off your car and having a race. :thumbsup:I'd say even today those cars are amazingly fast considering their now officially 40 years old. that technology is ancient... yet some of them are still 11 second cars (1969 Camaro ZL-1) Is your car a 11 second car?.. leave alone 40 year old technology to boot? yet your online whinning... and calling him an asshole? :thumbsup:

I'm a "musle car driver" too.. I drive a Trans am. (only after selling my disasterous mazda shitbox) The only "shaking my head" I do is at the ricers that are totally "bigot-like" with their TT supra's and TT 300ZX's thinking these muscle cars are slow.
Well let me throw twin turbo's on my 5.0L Trans am so were even... suddenly I dont think I'll be slow at all. 1500 hp isn't hard at all while doing that... you'd be surprised. A whole 1500hp 5.7Lengine would be about $15k-$20k rather then the $30k+++ for the Supra TT engine to do the same. \meanwhile you dont have to worry about uber-tuning a JDM engine to one 1/16" of its life to do the same. A lot of these 1500 supra's you see online have $30-40k invested in them. With the same capital.. you can make almost ANY 3.0 liter or bigger engine (domestic or import) have HP ranging in the 1100+++ Its just technology and engineering; which is a forgotten concept that most people dont understand goes into these ultra-high HP engines. Its not; ADD A TURBO!!! and you have a 1350hp Supra... the engines are very thoroughly blue-printed and redone. Which is exactly what you can do to any other engine and get almost the same result. Its not just imports... 1600hp 3L buicks 1300hp Pontiac 4.3L... its the same across the board.. regardless of the manufacturer. 2000hp Chevy 502's...3000hp Chevy rat motors... Every manufacturer has its great engines; but the "assholes" to me are the people that turn a blind eye to every manufacturer but the one they want to promote... then rant about it online.

I find a lot more "assholes" in the insecure ricer variety then I "EVER" did while I used to own a (horridly slow) NA import. :dunno:

EDIT: here is a link with lots of dyno vidoes of "muscle car engines" alot of these TT engines are well about the 1000hp mark.. including the 4.3L Vortec V6. as an example
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/motors.html
where's that JZA engine eh?
yet a lot of you ricers turn a blind eye to stuff like this and you hide behind your computer and call other people assholes?

y so much hate towards imports?
just different strokes for different folks

NickGT
09-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

No kidding :rofl: :rofl:

One of his first threads on beyond was titled "I hate domestics". From that point on he lost all credibility as a car enthusiast imo.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-02-2006, 02:40 PM
i'm not a big fan of domestics... but the muscle cars are amazing... i will probably never own one, but i will never disrespect one... i have to admit, there are asses out there driving these cars... i just refer to them as domestic ricers... imports have assholes and so do domestics, get over it, stop whining, and go learn a bit

tentacles
09-02-2006, 07:11 PM
[The scene: A dusty, deserted street somewhere in Calgary T78supra1 pulls up to the lights. Old Domestic Driver squeals to a stop in his 66 Dodge Coronet]

T78Supra1: What's the retail on one fo those?

Old Domestic Driver: More than you can afford, civic boy. DODGE!.

T78S1: :confused:

[Cue sound of BOV squeaking, floorpan falling off...]

T78Supra1
09-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Just to make myself clear......

Most import drivers respect muscle cars based on there speed.
My question is why do so many muscle car drivers think that imports are these little dinky cars with no power?????

My neighbor has a corvette and he always comments on my supra having no balls.

I love imports becuase of one thing:

"Technology is the only substitute for cubic inches"

Whats wrong with technology? Whats wrong with having a 600hp car that is as gas efficient as a stock base line mustang?
Whats wrong with us having guages or spoilers? do you see us making fun of your racing stripes? or your your ugly ass interiors? or your 5ft clearence? or your ugly ass rims?

You may call us ricers! but its technology and style, whats ugly to you muscle car people is style to us and vica versa.

T78Supra1
09-02-2006, 08:30 PM
there is officially no point to this thread....

It was just a story about what happened this morning.

If the guy was driving a porshe i would have written the same thing.

Domestic drivers are so sensitive as soon as any of us import drivers put a domestic car in a forum it turns into a battle.

Some advise to all you domestic drivers.... everytime one of us writes something about a domestic car it doesn't mean we hate them!!!!!!
There are many Srt-4's and Corvettes in this city i have extreme respect for

Tik-Tok
09-02-2006, 08:36 PM

Whats wrong with technology? Whats wrong with having a 600hp car that is as gas efficient as a stock base line mustang?

Wow! I didn't realize you had 600hp and got over 32mpg, way to go man! :thumbsup:

T78Supra1
09-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Wow! I didn't realize you had 600hp and got over 32mpg, way to go man!

People need to stop spitting number out of there ass. I said mustang not focus.

Mustang gets 19mpg

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20609.shtml

dieselpower91
09-02-2006, 08:51 PM
there is officially no point to this thread....

Domestic drivers are so sensitive as soon as any of us import drivers put a domestic car in a forum it turns into a battle.

Some advise to all you domestic drivers.... everytime one of us writes something about a domestic car it doesn't mean we hate them!!!!!!
There are many Srt-4's and Corvettes in this city i have extreme respect for

So you think If i wrote a thread putting down imports I wouldn't have 75% of Beyond jumping on me with comments how Imports own domestics yadda yadda yadda?

It has nothing to with the car someone drives. It all has to do with the DRIVER.
I drive muscle. I also drive a domestic with technology and that gets 22+mpg city and over 30mpg highway for a DD.

Who cares what someone thinks of your car.
You build it, clean it, dream over it, blow tons of money on it for who?
For the guy who pulls up next to you at the stoplight? NO.
Isn't it for yourself? Who cares what other people think anyways.

BTW, Not all muscle cars are Naturally aspirated gas chugging low technology cars!
(and by muscle cars I dont consider anything newer than 1980's a muscle car)

One more thing, I found it quite humorous that you would call an american made car from the 60's/70's a tin can.
Knock on the fender of your Supra, WRX whatever, then go knock on the "tincan" tell me which one is actually made of recycled tuna cans!

Tik-Tok
09-02-2006, 08:55 PM

People need to stop spitting number out of there ass. I said mustang not focus.

Mustang gets 19mpg

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20609.shtml

No, I get 32 mpg highway, canadian gallons. That's not out of my ass, that's out of calculations between my odometer and how many liters of petrol I put in my car.

So where's your "not out of your ass" dyno #'s producing 600hp?

Team_Mclaren
09-02-2006, 09:03 PM
[B]Just to make myself clear......

My question is why do so many muscle car drivers think that imports are these little dinky cars with no power?????

becuase in reality, 99% of imports are these littly dinky cars with no power. And most of these muscle cars can rape imports thru the quarter mile.

Have you ever given him a ride? may be it does have no balls? race him on the track?

:rofl: :rofl: , how much did rcts pay you to say that? or how much did you pay rcts to build you a car with "insane" power?

Whats wrong with us having guages or spoilers? do you see us making fun of your racing stripes? or your your ugly ass interiors? or your 5ft clearence? or your ugly ass rims?

You may call us ricers! but its technology and style, whats ugly to you muscle car people is style to us and vica versa.

Exactly, so why do you hate on them o? Read the replies ^^, there are tons of import fanboys hating on domestics as well.

BTW: what DO you run on the track? or is your supra "not build for drag"?

Tik-Tok
09-02-2006, 09:04 PM
*twiddles thumbs and whistles quietly in baited anticipation of supraboy to produce his 600hp and 32 mpg numbers he didn't pull out of his ass*

Team_Mclaren
09-02-2006, 09:10 PM
These rules..suck

So let me get this straight if i am running a 96 supra.....does this mean i will never get a chance to run with the big boys?...mustangs, corvettes, viper...i have to run with civics and acura's
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140296

I find you no better than "muscle car drivers". According to you, they are cocky, ignorant, and shows no respect to other drivers:thumbsup:

EK 2.0
09-02-2006, 09:11 PM
my EK eats Supra's for lunch....and FD's for dinner...;) :burnout:

iceburns288
09-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Bullshit.

Because they are.

Good for him.

A turbocharger is not 'technology' to me. Show me something like a Ferrari 5-valve engine with continuously variable timing (pwns VTEC ;)) or a Porsche flat-6 and you got yourself technology. A car with a big-ass turbo is not 'advanced' in any way.

Whats wrong with us having guages or spoilers? do you see us making fun of your racing stripes? or your your ugly ass interiors? or your ugly ass rims?
At least on muscle cars, racing stripes are a factory option. "Ghey-ass column gauges" weren't on the options list when I checked out the S2000.

If you admit taste may be different between the average domestic jerkoff and the average ricer, why are you continuously trying to bash domestics as ugly? It falls on deaf ears.

HondaRice
09-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by dieselpower91

So you think If i wrote a thread putting down imports I wouldn't have 75% of Beyond jumping on me with comments how Imports own domestics yadda yadda yadda?

It has nothing to with the car someone drives. It all has to do with the DRIVER.
I drive muscle. I also drive a domestic with technology and that gets 22+mpg city and over 30mpg highway for a DD.

Who cares what someone thinks of your car.
You build it, clean it, dream over it, blow tons of money on it for who?
For the guy who pulls up next to you at the stoplight? NO.
Isn't it for yourself? Who cares what other people think anyways.

BTW, Not all muscle cars are Naturally aspirated gas chugging low technology cars!
(and by muscle cars I dont consider anything newer than 1980's a muscle car)

One more thing, I found it quite humorous that you would call an american made car from the 60's/70's a tin can.
Knock on the fender of your Supra, WRX whatever, then go knock on the "tincan" tell me which one is actually made of recycled tuna cans!

yes that explains why the 1969 mustang you can push in the fender and its like tin , yeah 1969 maybe better then then a 2006 in someways as qualtiiy

but its 2006, go knock a fender on 1986 supra or older and go push in a fender on any other american car even a honda you wont find thicker metal.

HondaRice
09-03-2006, 12:03 AM
supra is like the only non excotic priced import that puts American "muscle" cars to shame

you are right they are tin can, rattely , cheaply made.

i know what you mean how people are about supras. for god sakes its a toyota enough said.

Just to make myself clear......

b_t
09-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by HondaRice

yes that explains why the 1969 mustang you can push in the fender and its like tin , yeah 1969 maybe better then then a 2006 in someways as qualtiiy

but its 2006, go knock a fender on 1986 supra or older and go push in a fender on any other american car even a honda you wont find thicker metal.

you moron

those old cars are way more solid then new ones by a LONG SHOT. and lets not forget the pre-1986 supras and celicas were gigantic pieces of crap, as were most early 80s late 70s japanese cars. they were not always reliable.

TECHNOLOGY IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

a 2 liter (122ci) liter DSM needs to run methanol and boost about 50psi to make 900whp

a 427ci chevrolet can make 1,070 horsepower on pump gas (around 17psi) and 1,500 on race gas (still only about 28)

old cars have gauges too, they just hide them under the dash, or even better make their own cluster and put them in the dash, something import people are generally too lazy to do. Racing stripes look great on old cars because they have angular lines and great sharp edges. the interiors are comfortable and can be updated to look amazing with only a pair of bucket seats. 5 feet of clearance? interesting, but also a lie. and the stock rims on most old muscle cars were amazing and usually perfect for the car.

gp36912
09-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ

y so much hate towards imports?

i don't think its hate towards imports. its hate towards the ignorant people that drive the imports and domestics. ive met graham and hes a cool guy :D his mx6 was a pretty decent car too

i do agree to the fact that in every type of motor sport that will think only highly in themselves and look down on others. i personally love cars every single one of them. i have a bimmer, a toyota, and my sister is looking into a z3 lol, my next car maybe a ford truck or a audi. who knows, as long as i can go fast and have fun. its still a car whether it is domestic or import. or even if it was from korea :D (stab at hyundai) :D they are all pieces of design by various companies, all made of metal/plastic and filled with oil, gas/diesel. all of them have brakes, rims, tires, steering wheel, seats, transmission, engine. the technology and design may be different but the essentials are the same.

although i wouldn't want to buy every car that was made. some of them disgust me but i do respect the car if its got balls. (it could be a gremlin for gods sake)

jdm_eg6
09-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Muscle car family always laughed at my Honda and my buddys, they raced us, bought a EF with a B16 and have made it their project car... but they own about 5 muscle cars.... Some times the mopar guys see through the light and realize 100,000 Cylinders and 5 million liters and 900hp isnt everything. :eek:

Its ignorant of them sure, but if you do have a fast car give them a thumbs up and laugh them away because in reality you know whos the faster car. :thumbsup:

harv91
09-03-2006, 03:28 PM
will all of u plz stop whining, who cares what ppl think of your or anyones elses cars. :drama:

Cruz
09-03-2006, 10:08 PM

After smoking them of course

Nicely put. I don't typically race but there are expections to the rule. Some idiots need to be put in their place.

D. Dub
09-04-2006, 04:35 PM

Are you on ludes? The cars from the 60's are solid, heavy THICK metal.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-04-2006, 04:39 PM

:rofl: :rofl: You gotta lay off the crack, buddy.

fast95pony
09-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Not this twerp again :rolleyes:

Supra boy starts one of these threads almost every week..

Get a life , Sunshine...:thumbsdow

Mitsu3000gt
09-05-2006, 10:11 AM
If guys in muscle cars are giving you a hard time, just challenge them to go around a decent corner at 120 or 140km/h or so. They should shut up shortly after that as the only thing their cars are good for is going fast in a straight line and putting mechanic's kids through college, in my opinion. Alot of people like them though, I am probably the minority on this. Once agian, just my personal opinion.

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 01:04 PM

you think THATS bad?!

try driving a domestic that thinks its an import!!! now theres some dirty looks from both domestic and import guys :rofl:

I was driving on macleod about 2 weeks ago and there was this amazing 60's ss camaro (coulda been a replica) and a 70's mustang and i pull up to the camaro at the next set of lights and give him the thumbs up and he comments on my car being the new pocket rocket from chev and gives me the thumbs up for the "ss". we then look over to the mustang and the camaro driver yells over to me "so do you want to embarass him or should i?" i just laugh. we pull up to the next set of lights and its me on the left, stang in the middle and the camaro on the right. at first there was a bit of "bah fords..." talk then of course "bah... domestic wanting to be import" talk and of coruse it was just for jokes. We pulled up to tim hortons over by canyon meadows and just talked for a bit and took off on our own ways. I dunno its just good to see people that don't really "stereotype" cause of the car you drive. was almost refreshing.

But i need to know... whats with Mustang drivers vs Supra drivers? They always seem to be at each others throat. :dunno:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
If guys in muscle cars are giving you a hard time, just challenge them to go around a decent corner at 120 or 140km/h or so. They should shut up shortly after that as the only thing their cars are good for is going fast in a straight line and putting mechanic's kids through college, in my opinion. Alot of people like them though, I am probably the minority on this.

:rofl: then after the corner he puts his foot down and catches back up? who cares! they're both great at different things.

and if anybody tries to take a corner at 140 km/h deserves to have their car written off

EK 2.0
09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
But i need to know... whats with Mustang drivers vs Supra drivers? They always seem to be at each others throat. :dunno:

or majority of Stang drivers and DSM owners...

dieselpower91
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Talking about how 70's and 60's american cars can't corner well...
Ok, throw a 60/70's Whatever muscle car you want up against a same generation Honda in the autocross . . :rofl:
I don't see how you can compare 60's/70's technology to 80's and up cars.
Also, as much as you'd like to think muscle cars or domestics in general break down all the time, once again I believe it alot to do with the owner and how the car is maintened, driven and taken care of in general. Yes all auto makers have their lemons... some more than others. I think it's pretty closed minded to say domestics are unreliable.

My nova has never let me down, left me stranded and maintenance is cheap. All parts are in stock at any parts store for cheap and it takes no more than a couple hours to swap a motor out, new one in and have it running.

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
Talking about how 70's and 60's american cars can't corner well...
Ok, throw a 60/70's Whatever muscle car you want up against a same generation Honda in the autocross . . :rofl:
I don't see how you can compare 60's/70's technology to 80's and up cars.
Also, as much as you'd like to think muscle cars or domestics in general break down all the time, once again I believe it alot to do with the owner and how the car is maintened, driven and taken care of in general. Yes all auto makers have their lemons... some more than others. I think it's pretty closed minded to say domestics are unreliable.

My nova has never let me down, left me stranded and maintenance is cheap. All parts are in stock at any parts store for cheap and it takes no more than a couple hours to swap a motor out, new one in and have it running.

:drool: @ nova

pm me pics!!!! i LOVE nova's. i want to pick one up for a project :D

Graham_A_M
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
If guys in muscle cars are giving you a hard time, just challenge them to go around a decent corner at 120 or 140km/h or so. They should shut up shortly after that as the only thing their cars are good for is going fast in a straight line and putting mechanic's kids through college, in my opinion. Alot of people like them though, I am probably the minority on this.

funny you mention that. My TA can also take corners exteremly well too; just as good as a second gen MR2 or a 2003 Celica TRD edition. I too LOVE to go around corners at incredible speeds. I just laugh when this dweeb like somebody around here try to keep up in his Silver Audi S4 only to lose him around the second apex of the glenmore eastbound to deerfoot south on ramp... then he tried to gun it and catch up.. but fail at that too. Later at a light I remember pulling up at in intersection and the goof wouldn't even make eyecontact with the driver of the car he thought he could waste... he just looked straight ahead. My car was designed in 1981... as a third gen Camaro/firebird... whats this about technology and design when a 1981 Sport/Luxury car just ate your poser mobile? Hey its people buying these poser cars and oblitory morotic spending that strengthen the economy; whereas my kids are going to college too.. so rock on!

Probably because if you'd ever be willing to come out from hiding behind your turbo's.. you'd find in a hurry that you do have a dinky little car with no power. Its hard to think of a Twin turbo car ever produced that wasn't fast. The Suburu STI.. Supra TT, 300ZX TT.. problem is; how fast is a NA version? The 93-98 Supra (as an NA car) is the only NA car from Toyota I have an ounce or respect for on the track.. with only cams and gears & ECU it does 230hp at the crank. not to bad for a 3.0L I6. Funny.. those numbers are almost the same right across the board for all (roughly 3.0L )6cylinders given the same amount of mods or less. Like I say; let me throw twin turbo's on my bone stock Trans am then we'll race.. deal?

http://images.consumerguide.com/autoreview/400x266/1994-99-Toyota-Celica-96812061990217.JPG

This car's exterior was designed by the same team of engineers that designed your Supra... I think your Supra is an absolutely beautiful car.. I really do... but I dont know what the hell your talking about; to say "domestics have ugly rims and ugly ass interiors" when you have this sharp looking eye catcher? Okay I'll stick with my horrendous rims any day.. thank you.

This car below.. is a car identical to mine.. but a year older. Same colors rims and everything. How this is hideous.. with racing stripes... and 5ft of clearance, and "ugly ass rims" is beyond me.....

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/87PhotoGalleryPics/krizan87gtapg.jpg

EK 2.0
09-05-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't understand why everyone is STILL arguing...

it's different strokes for different folks. And in the groups of domestic lovers you will find a chunk that admire and respect imports. And the groups of import lovers you will find a chunk of peeps that admire and respect domestics. This is an argument that will go on forever and ever, and ever...

Just like the argument of turbo vs. supercharging. No one wins...if you like Stangs and F body's then good for you. And if you love EG's and MKIV's then power to you as well. Who the fuck cares about 5 liters versus 2.0 boosted. This whole take it to the track argument is moot as well.

Fuck they all have motors and all drive at least 2 wheels. Does it matter if it's the front or the rear?? No, I don't think so...having said that...fuck everyone just get along...

R!zz0
09-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Thank GAWD i drive a civic and a camaro. What's been more reliable? Both of them. Then again this is my first ever domestic car. I respect any nice car i see whether it's an import or domestic. If i lose to an import and if he's not cocky i'll give him the thumbs up for a good run. If i lose to a domestic who doesn't have an attitude problem then again i'll give him thumbs up.
Other than that...Like Arif said "Fuck they all have motors and all drive at least 2 wheels. Does it matter if it's the front or the rear?? No, I don't think so...having said that...fuck everyone just get along"

Mustangcrazy
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Thank GAWD i drive a civic and a camaro. What's been more reliable? Both of them. Then again this is my first ever domestic car. I respect any nice car i see whether it's an import or domestic. If i lose to an import and if he's not cocky i'll give him the thumbs up for a good run. If i lose to a domestic who doesn't have an attitude problem then again i'll give him thumbs up.
Other than that...Like Arif said "Fuck they all have motors and all drive at least 2 wheels. Does it matter if it's the front or the rear?? No, I don't think so...having said that...fuck everyone just get along"

thats exactlly it, I have a 99 mustang gt and i love it, But i still respect and like some imports, theres nothing wrong with them and sometimes they can look pretty cool. but if all your doing is bolting on a body kit and think your gunna go faster then dont try racing faster cars. I had some kid in a blue civic today on the way home pull beside me at a intersection and start reving his engine..lol Ya the car looked cool, and was nice. but you cant race by just bolting on a kit...lol Obviously the light turned green and i took off and didnt see him till two lights later when he caught up.. 3:73's rock..lol anyways the point to my story is your cars look cool but have some respect for other cars, ya yours is lowered and has white rims and looks cool, but, its still not a fast car....

Mitsu3000gt
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM

funny you mention that. My TA can also take corners exteremly well too; just as good as a second gen MR2 or a 2003 Celica TRD edition. I too LOVE to go around corners at incredible speeds. I just laugh when this dweeb like somebody around here try to keep up in his Silver Audi S4 only to lose him around the second apex of the glenmore eastbound to deerfoot south on ramp... then he tried to gun it and catch up.. but fail at that too. Later at a light I remember pulling up at in intersection and the goof wouldn't even make eyecontact with the driver of the car he thought he could waste... he just looked straight ahead. My car was designed in 1981... as a third gen Camaro/firebird... whats this about technology and design when a 1981 Sport/Luxury car just ate your poser mobile? Hey its people buying these poser cars and oblitory morotic spending that strengthen the economy; whereas my kids are going to college too.. so rock on!

Probably because if you'd ever be willing to come out from hiding behind your turbo's.. you'd find in a hurry that you do have a dinky little car with no power. Its hard to think of a Twin turbo car ever produced that wasn't fast. The Suburu STI.. Supra TT, 300ZX TT.. problem is; how fast is a NA version? The 93-98 Supra (as an NA car) is the only NA car from Toyota I have an ounce or respect for on the track.. with only cams and gears & ECU it does 230hp at the crank. not to bad for a 3.0L I6. Funny.. those numbers are almost the same right across the board for all (roughly 3.0L )6cylinders given the same amount of mods or less. Like I say; let me throw twin turbo's on my bone stock Trans am then we'll race.. deal?

http://images.consumerguide.com/autoreview/400x266/1994-99-Toyota-Celica-96812061990217.JPG

This car's exterior was designed by the same team of engineers that designed your Supra... I think your Supra is an absolutely beautiful car.. I really do... but I dont know what the hell your talking about; to say "domestics have ugly rims and ugly ass interiors" when you have this sharp looking eye catcher? Okay I'll stick with my horrendous rims any day.. thank you.

This car below.. is a car identical to mine.. but a year older. Same colors rims and everything. How this is hideous.. with racing stripes... and 5ft of clearance, and "ugly ass rims" is beyond me.....

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/87PhotoGalleryPics/krizan87gtapg.jpg

The S4 was probably stock (unless your car is modified then who even knows) they aren't THAT good in stock form. They need a chip and some coilovers to really come alive. I'm just saying muscle cars are not my personal taste, they are extremely fast in a straight line and if they are modded correctly they can corner not bad either I guess. Even if you can't corner that well, but you are way faster on the straights, you can have a pretty good race. Its like a superbike and a car around a track, the car can corner way better but the bike will likely be much faster in the straights.

My friend used to have a 1984 or 198X Camaro with the V8, it was literally garbage inside in every way imaginable, but it went OK in a straight line and wasn't terrible in the corners. It was kinda neat to ride in, even though it did ride like a tank. I have no idea how fast it actually was, I was alot younger when he had it. Seemed to be a pretty good first car, but it sure did cost him alot of money, every weekend that thing was in the shop.

Mitsu3000gt
09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

you think THATS bad?!

try driving a domestic that thinks its an import!!! now theres some dirty looks from both domestic and import guys :rofl:

I was driving on macleod about 2 weeks ago and there was this amazing 60's ss camaro (coulda been a replica) and a 70's mustang and i pull up to the camaro at the next set of lights and give him the thumbs up and he comments on my car being the new pocket rocket from chev and gives me the thumbs up for the "ss". we then look over to the mustang and the camaro driver yells over to me "so do you want to embarass him or should i?" i just laugh. we pull up to the next set of lights and its me on the left, stang in the middle and the camaro on the right. at first there was a bit of "bah fords..." talk then of course "bah... domestic wanting to be import" talk and of coruse it was just for jokes. We pulled up to tim hortons over by canyon meadows and just talked for a bit and took off on our own ways. I dunno its just good to see people that don't really "stereotype" cause of the car you drive. was almost refreshing.

:rofl: then after the corner he puts his foot down and catches back up? who cares! they're both great at different things.

and if anybody tries to take a corner at 140 km/h deserves to have their car written off

I'm sure it is very easy to confindently take alot of the corners in this city at 140km/h +. Obviously this is illegal, not safe, and not smart but there are tones of cars that can EASILY do that. Places like the on-ramp from anderson eastbound onto mcleod trail south, and similar S-curves are no problem for many of today's cars. There are alot of them around the deerfoot/blackfoot/glenmore area, which makes it an excellent place for test drives. I really don't think it's reckless driving if the driver and car are easily up to the task, but I agree that if doing so endangers anyone else's life besides your own, its stupid.

Graham_A_M
09-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm not arguing... one of my most favorite cars is a 4th gen Supra.. I STILL love the look of them.. and I absolutely will own one before I'm 25. But I'm getting so sick of the JDM fanboyism... its just nuts. Its like; "Made in America.. is MUST be junk" without even understanding the facts. I (just 10 minutes ago) came home from selling my last (and last ever Mazda) and rode in a Honda Accord coming home..... I dont understand what all the hype is about.... is no different then any other car out there.. but because its "Foreign" people are all over it? why... (?) whats up with the hype. My 1990 Trans am GTA, was primarily engineered in 1981.. to come out as a 1982 model year... with the (later introducted) factory corvette suspension upgrade.. its completely stock yet it'll eat 98% of the NA imports on the road no problem. I used to have ALL imports my whole life up until a year ago and they gave me nothing but grief... then I bought a 1984 S10.. by the time I sold it, it had 842,000 kilometers on it. Can YOUR Toyota do that? how about your reliable little Honda? How about half of 842,000... being 421,000 kilometers.. still...... anybody?!!

Whats nuts is that, that S10 only had the engine rebuilt at 450,000... that was it stock tranny and diff case. It still ran and drove like a top.. suspension was fiddle tight, steering was just perfectly normal... but it was SO RUSTY!!!!!! that I couldn't stand driving it so I sold it to a friend of mine; now he had up to 917k before he moved out west (I since lost touch). Who knows much it has now.. it's probably turned over for all I know.. yet somehow GM's are un-reliable eh? Man I should have taken a pic of its Odometer... it would shut a lot of JDM fanboys up in a real hurry. My Trans am has 265,000 on it.. and still runs and drives great. But it doesn't have a Toyota or Nissan emblem on it so I guess it automatically sucks eh? this is why so many arguements blow up over this shit.
You should take a look at the odometer of the next cab you hop into.. try it! honestly... seeing 964,000 on a 1992 Caprice really made me re-think my short lived JDM-fanboyism

finboy
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
hahahahahahahaha, this thread is gold. very few posts are even worth reading so i'll end this one

both imports and domestics have their up and downsides, both scenes attract morons. a TRUE automotive enthusiast can appreciate BOTH kinds of car.

end of thread :thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
09-05-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm not arguing... one of my most favorite cars is a 4th gen Supra.. I STILL love the look of them.. and I absolutely will own one before I'm 25. But I'm getting so sick of the JDM fanboyism... its just nuts. Its like; "Made in America.. is MUST be junk" without even understanding the facts. I (just 10 minutes ago) came home from selling my last (and last ever Mazda) and rode in a Honda Accord coming home..... I dont understand what all the hype is about.... is no different then any other car out there.. but because its "Foreign" people are all over it? why... (?) whats up with the hype. My 1990 Trans am GTA, was primarily engineered in 1981.. to come out as a 1982 model year... with the (later introducted) factory corvette suspension upgrade.. its completely stock yet it'll eat 98% of the NA imports on the road no problem. I used to have ALL imports my whole life up until a year ago and they gave me nothing but grief... then I bought a 1984 S10.. by the time I sold it, it had 842,000 kilometers on it. Can YOUR Toyota do that? how about your reliable little Honda? How about half of 842,000... being 421,000 kilometers.. still...... anybody?!!

Whats nuts is that, that S10 only had the engine rebuilt at 450,000... that was it stock tranny and diff case. It still ran and drove like a top.. suspension was fiddle tight, steering was just perfectly normal... but it was SO RUSTY!!!!!! that I couldn't stand driving it so I sold it to a friend of mine; now he had up to 917k before he moved out west (I since lost touch). Who knows much it has now.. it's probably turned over for all I know.. yet somehow GM's are un-reliable eh? Man I should have taken a pic of its Odometer... it would shut a lot of JDM fanboys up in a real hurry. My Trans am has 265,000 on it.. and still runs and drives great. But it doesn't have a Toyota or Nissan emblem on it so I guess it automatically sucks eh? this is why so many arguements blow up over this shit.
You should take a look at the odometer of the next cab you hop into.. try it! honestly... seeing 964,000 on a 1992 Caprice really made me re-think my short lived JDM-fanboyism

Just so you know, there are just as many jap/german cars with 500,000+ km on them as there are american ones, and unless you know how much work/rebuilds have been done to them, the KM really doesn't matter. If I go into a cab and see 600,000km on it, it means absolutely nothing, because I don't know the service history. Maybe it's been rebuild 20 times, maybe never. Also, your single example, although impressive, of the S10 that went for 964k, wouldn't shut anyone up as it is just one example. The same goes for any import with 1,000,000km on it - one example won't shut anyone up. Neither the imports or the domestics consistently last for 1,000,000km because 90% of people don't keep them that long and they end up in the junk yard long before that. If you want to rebuild it every 200K (not saying you necessarily need to) then sure it will last for 2,000,000 km ++. In fact there was a whole term of toyota commercials where they had a 4 runner and some other vehicle by them that hit 1,000,000 km or 9xxx,xxx km and still running strong. Once again, although impressive, there is no way of knowing how much work was done to them, maybe none, maybe 2 rebuilds.

I agree with alot of what you say in that there are alot of people who think certain cars suck because of the badge on it, that will never ever stop. Hell, even the koreans (kia/hyundai) are beating the americans and some of the japs these days in some comparisons I read! All they need is for people to look past their horrendous history of building essentially disposable cars haha and they would sell alot more. Even if something goes wrong, your good for 7 years! And I think it's safe to assume most people would hear kia/hyundai and automatically assume their crap because of their history. I wonder if they will ever make it back, I hope so because they make a decent car now.

Anyways I think the only difference between american/import that is obvious to everyone and cannot really be disputed is fit and finish/build/interior quality. These are things that everyone can see, and are often expressed in the price differences between the two. Most things are sturdier, built with better matierials, fits nicer, etc. etc. in imports than american cars. The americans love their cheap plastic everything - does that make it more likely to break? maybe, maybe not. But to me anyways, it sure makes me feel like I got ripped off if in 2 identically priced cars, one interior is finished way nicer than the other. I am once again reminded of the ride I got in an $80,000+ Escalade...the B-piller covers (extremely cheap plastic) were all wavy at the top and not at al flush with the roof liner, which was that super cheap fuzzy stuff. I could see the hot glue gun glue trails between the vents on the roof. Additionally, under the driver's seat is a rats nest of wires not even zip tied. If I personally bought that car for $80,000 and then saw the interior of an $80,000 BMW or any euro/jap car in that price range for example, I would feel ripped off. That's just me though, as there is alot more to every car than the interior. Also, most people just don't give a sh*t because if the car does everything they want it to better than anything else they've looked at, they can justify the price and don't care about anything else. Both have the capability of running for 1,000,000km on one rebuild and minimal service but its all the little things that the imports do differently that in my opinion make them stand out. Just go play with the buttons/switch gear in a $40,000 bmw/audi and then a $40,000 caddy or grand prix. Slam the door with the window down and see which sounds more solid, drive over some bad train tracks at 80 km/h and see which car makes the rattle, etc. etc. Lastly, I would like to state ONCE AGAIN that this is my opinion only and there is no need to even reply to this as it is only my opinion which cannot be changed so there is no point argueing it. I fully realize 50% of people disagree with everythign I just said. Way to often on beyond people get flamed for something they say even after clearly stating its their opinion (take almost any post in this thread as an example haha). If someone makes a ridiculous claim they are stating as fact, flame away. If someone states an opinion, there is no point in even replying.

EK 2.0
09-05-2006, 10:24 PM
holy fuck...that's it..