PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed on New Car!

Gondi Stylez
09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I have been looking at selling my 1995 Camry for a few months now and have decided that instead of putting a down payment on some more real estate (already have a condo) that I would just do what I have wanted to do for a while and that is to buy a new car! My plan is to keep the car for 4-5 years.

It started off with the option of an IS250 and Acura TL but my parents pretty much told me to "take my fingers and shove them up my ass" haha, so I looked at the IS300 and thought I would like the Lexus line.

IS300 is fast and sporty and looks great but the interior looks cheap and is somewhat like a Civic so I couldn't justy spending money on it.

I then looked at the C-Class Mercedes and although they were luxurious and had some nice toruqe and HP numbers my friend bought one so I cut it from the list! Haha!

Next came the 3 series BMW (325i and 325xi). These were great and I'm a huge bimmer fan but the storage room was minimal and still being a student and travelling back and fourth from Edm. to Cal. with minimal trunk space was not appealing and thus it was cut.

Soon after came the A4. I was pleased with the handling and speed and the AWD versions were a huge plus. The storage space was perfect and the luxury options were just what I wanted and had great looks and build to boot. I thought it couldn't get any better until...

the S4!! This thing has some serious balls and at 250HP AWD TT it couldn't get much better! It handles like a pro and is pretty much the A4 minus the engine with some minor interior and exterior modifications.

Now here is my dilemma. I love the 2nd generation look of the Audi A4 and that is what is pushing me in that direction. I also like the look 2nd generation S4 and in all honesty I cannot afford the 3rd generations and the 4.2L engine is WAY TOO BIG for me!

I am getting the car from Toronto if all works out so I could either get the common "newer look" A4 or the relatively rare "older look" of the S4 for in and around the same price range with under 100K although there are some A4's in T.O. that are ~90K and about $17-18 000 so that would be a big money saving option.

My vote at this point is heavily favoring the S4!

TIA!

euro_racer
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM
out of your choice i would deffinatley take the audi s4. i find them to be nice and attractive looking cars. they also have the speed to back them up

carter_prelude
09-01-2006, 08:40 PM
S4 would be nice...but A4 could leave you more money to mod it with, if thats what you were planning on...at least a nice set of rims and a stereo :dunno:

Nav13
09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
s4>a4 with rims and stereo, but thats a personal opinion.

gp36912
09-01-2006, 09:34 PM
wanna bring me down a s4 from toronto :D pick the s4 :D

Gondi Stylez
09-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Here are some pics to maybe help with the decison! Also, any other suggestions are welcome!

Gondi Stylez
09-01-2006, 11:45 PM

harv91
09-01-2006, 11:46 PM
honestly i gotta say join the subaru family, there are a few guys sellin their 02-03 wrx's that are almost in your price range. These cars will give u awesome bang for your buck.

FiveFreshFish
09-02-2006, 12:12 AM
The S4 in your poll was only available 2000 to 2002, and the A4 covers two generations.

Gondi Stylez
09-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Any more opinions to help me with my decision?

izzoblitzo
09-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Get one of these bad boys. :) Ultimate in Luxury!

http://www.laist.com/attachments/la_carolyn/louisvuittoncar.jpg

I love the newer Audi's :)

A2VR6
09-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I personally like the B5 A4 shape more than the B6 shape more so the S4 would be an easy decision for me. However, keep in mind that alot of these cars may have been abused so make sure you find a really good one because repairs on these things arent cheap.