PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a good homemade burger recipe?

dino_martini
09-02-2006, 12:19 AM
The good grilling days are beginning to be few and far between. Looking for a good bunch of BBQ recipes to finish of the season. Anyone have a burger recipe or just any BBQ recipe in general they would like to share?

snade831
09-02-2006, 01:08 AM
You might have some luck here...
http://foodnetwork.ca/search/searchResults.aspx?Query=burgers&CateGory=1

The Cosworth
09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
extra lean turkey ground beef

(i usually get 4 lbs for me and my gf, good for 2 burgers each)

mix in 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
and 1/4 tsp of pepper (or a little more)

then take some normal soy sauce and mix it in as you are mashing it, probably a table spoon or so, until its all a little dark color and holding together, shape burgers and throw them on the barbie with a sheet of tin foil over it.

dont over cook em, they are fine if you cut em open a bit too see if their done, the dont loose their moisture

Benny
09-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Mine's pretty simple, but it makes some kickass burgers. Please keep in mind I've been drinking since about 8pm today, so this recipe won't be exact but it will be close enough to make some good fuckin' burgers.

First you need a bunch of ground bison (This stuff is so goddamn good) and/or lean ground beef. You gotta put all that stuff in a big bowl. Then you gotta hurl in a pinch of salt and pepper and garlic powder, then mix it good (Don't add too much garlic powder if you're gonna be with a lady-friend afterwards, bad consequences). Afterwards, you have to add one raw egg. That makes the burger much more juicy. If you want the burger to stay intact, pitch in a good handful worth of large-flake oats. If you mix them in good enough, the burger won't fall apart in the bun under any circumstances.

Then make as many burgers as you want and hurl them some-bitches on the BBQ. Don't eat them if they're really pink inside (they're fucked, cook 'em more.)

The story behind this very general recipe is: My dad was drunk off his ass one night, and he had to make some burgers for our dinner. He made me do this crap, because he is lazy, and it turned out great. Afterwards everyone was like, "OMG awesome burgers." I consider that a success.

I want a burger...

supra GT
09-02-2006, 11:16 AM
1-2 pnds lean grnd beef
1 tsp garlic plus
1 tsp garlic pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
soy sauce to flavour
1 egg
handfull of crackers salted (not to many)
1 oinion

throw in a bowl mix it up mon
make ya burga's

heat bbq on high till hot
turn down heat to min
throw the burgers on
slow cook turning regularly

when cooked throw on some bull eye honey garlic

and then somw cheese

enjoy

szw
09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7797/leaperrinsworcestershiresauce290mlua6.jpg
IMO adding an egg to the meat doesn't do much at all and I would rather leave it out. Just throw whatever you want into there but not too much, it is hard to make a bad burger this way.

01RedDX
09-02-2006, 12:27 PM

dino_martini
09-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Has anyone used "liquid smoke"? I picked up a bottle today at Super Store..ill try it out..it smells pretty good.

carter_prelude
09-02-2006, 03:49 PM
its full of fake stuff that makes you get cancer eventually lol...thats what my mom says anyway, shes a health nurse and has subscriptions to diet magizines and shit lol :dunno:

silbergrau330
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Just goto Can Tire, buy some hickory or mesquite or applewood wood chips, put them in tin foil and poke holes and then take out one side of the grill. But IMO, smoke isnt necessary for burgers, better for slower cooking things like tenderloin or ribs.

dino_martini
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
its full of fake stuff that makes you get cancer eventually lol...thats what my mom says anyway, shes a health nurse and has subscriptions to diet magizines and shit lol :dunno:

I will risk it this time. It was on one of those grilling shows on Food Network..

dino_martini
09-02-2006, 04:27 PM
So I made a burger mix type deal. Its sort of like:

2 pounds Lean ground beef
1/2 a white onion chopped
1/4 cup of bead crumbs
a few drops of Lee & Perrins
a few drops of liquid smoke
pinch of salt
pinch of ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1 egg

Its turned out pretty good so far..

Thanks guys!

BigDannyCool
09-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by szw
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7797/leaperrinsworcestershiresauce290mlua6.jpg
IMO adding an egg to the meat doesn't do much at all and I would rather leave it out. Just throw whatever you want into there but not too much, it is hard to make a bad burger this way.

The egg works as a binding agent to prevent the burger from falling apart.

One thing i seen on a show was the lady put a pat of butter inside the burger patty. Seemed like a good idea to keep the burger juicy and flavorful.

blue Zed
09-03-2006, 02:26 PM
If your lazy cutting things up.just use onion soup mix and add your favourite sauce.

dankish1
09-03-2006, 03:45 PM
1/4 cup tomato juice
1 egg 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs/crackers
1/4 cup finely choped dried tomatos
1 tabelspoon minced or pressed garlic
1 tabelspoon worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons celeryy salt
1 1/2 teapoons hotsuce(tobasco)
1 1/4 pound ground lean beef.
i like to use a bit more:)

(1/2 cup mayo
1 tabelspoon horseradish)
horesradish mayo along with tromatos letuce and whatever else
makes 4 good size burgers that are soooo good

Lilac Wine
09-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Sodium nitrate gives you cancer. And it's only if it's cooked to a certain temperature. It is already added to any smokey tasting meat you buy - bacon, ham, beef jerky etc...