PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Euro 2008

/////AMG
09-02-2006, 04:38 AM
It begins...

Euro 2008 qualifiers to kick off

The World Cup is a distant memory, England have a new manager and David Beckham has been left in Madrid.

Things change quickly in football, and attention is already on the next big event, Euro 2008, because it takes two whole seasons to qualify.

The home nations may find it tough to get there though, with Wales taking on Germany and the Czech Republic.

Northern Ireland will play Spain and Sweden while Scotland face Italy, the Ukraine and France in their group.

For England, things look a little easier, with Croatia and Russia perhaps their toughest opposition.

But first up are two games against Andorra and Macedonia, and even with Wayne Rooney suspended for both of them, England should win easily.

The European Championship takes place every four years, but it takes two years to qualify - the final isn't until 29 June 2008.

There are seven qualifying groups and each team plays the other teams in their group twice, once at home and once away.

The top two teams from each group will join hosts Austria and Switzerland in the finals.

Saturday 2 September
Czech Republic v Wales
England v Andorra
Germany v Republic of Ireland
Northern Ireland v Iceland
Scotland v Faroe Islands

Wednesday 6 September
Macedonia v England
Lithuania v Scotland
Northern Ireland v Spain

Skyline_Addict
09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
sweet

euro_racer
09-02-2006, 11:44 AM
just wondering where i could catch this on tv over here?

/////AMG
09-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Not a clue, but England won 5-0! :thumbsup:

McClaren isn't doing too bad then.

Shaolin
09-02-2006, 01:38 PM
This is England's tournament, unless they go into penalty kicks.

Oz-
09-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
just wondering where i could catch this on tv over here?

I think Senata Sports is carrying it and some more games are on ESPN. Senata Sports Canada is going to be broadcasting soon if they haven't already as a Rugby/Cricket/Soccer channel, so if you want to catch these games call Shaw and tell them that you want it. (I am well aware that Shaw is not going to do shit hahaa)

Oz-
09-02-2006, 02:46 PM
It is funny that a friendly game outsold an official English National Team game. Last I heard Old Trafford only was half sold out while Emirates Stadium has been sold out for some time, for people ready to watch Argentina v Brasil.

If you want to watch Argentina v Brasil, it airs 9 AM MST on GolTV.

ICEBERG
09-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Turkey 2 - Malta 0 :clap:

England had a tough day against a weak Macedonia. England sucks.:D ;)

cman
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Finally we collapse against a shitty team :nut:
Thank god for Crouch, off the woodwork and in. Probablys hould have had one more after his shirt was nearly torn off in the box but wasn't called.
Oh well we got 3 points and retain 1st which is all that matters for now.

cman
09-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Also Germany absolutely demolishes San Marino.
13-0!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. Brutal.

ICEBERG
09-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by cman
Also Germany absolutely demolishes San Marino.
13-0!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. Brutal.

I know man, WTF was that about 13-0?? Maybe Germany should have let go of the gas a little and save some of the goals for later. What a miserable night for San Marino.