PDA

View Full Version : gym with a pool in the southeast???

Gravy_83
09-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Well I'm taking a bullet per say. I'm moving from my nice place in Chaparal to Pineridge to be with the girlfriend. So instead of joining the ymca in Shawnessy I need to find something closer to like 52nd street memorial area that has a pool. This should hopefully only be temporary since the apartement in chaparal is about a year away from being mine. But i want to do cardio and per doctors orders because of my knees all i can do is swim or bike. stationary bikes piss me off and i don't have a good enough bike to go bike around so swimming it is. SO let's here it. Any gyms with pools to do laps in that area at all???

MudCrawler
09-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
i don't have a good enough bike to go bike around

Would it be more worthwile to perhaps find a new and affordable bike for basic riding? I too hate stationary vehicles, so i hear ya there. I do both cardio and weight training, but my cardio is not done at the gym. I prefer the scenery of riding outdoors and the fresh air in my face.

Just an idea;)

Gravy_83
09-02-2006, 12:49 PM
with my bills right now I can't afford the type of bike I want. I used to have a crazy ass Kona I bought off a friend but I sold in before moving to New Brunswick and now to get something similar I would have to get a Kona Scrap or something of the sort and they go for upwards of 800$ and I just end up hurting myself when I have a bike like that doing stupid shit. But yeah I love swimming though but the lake is too cold now so Chaparal is out of the question. So I need a pool by where I'm moving.

WWJAI
09-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Village Square Leisure center. Right on 52nd Ave and beside pineridge. It's definitely not the best gym there and doesn't compare to the YMCA but it does have a decent swimming pool there. Check it out, its right beside the co-op and lester b. pearson high school.

Gravy_83
09-07-2006, 08:08 AM
yeha I just saw their signe this week saying fitness pool or something like that I don't need much of a gym as long as they have free weights I'm good. And the pool. I will be living in pine ridge now (sigh) heheh man am I ever going to miss chaparal. but I get that apartement in a year or so just can't stand living with family anymore hahaha. thanks for the help

403Gemini
09-07-2006, 12:01 PM
bad thing about getting a bike is you cant work out in the winter time.

Weapon_R
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Village square has a full weight room and pool, and its blocks from where you live.

adam c
09-07-2006, 12:18 PM
u dont need a 800 bike..

mine was only $400 something brand new, its parent company is Ironhorse, rapid fire shifting, 24 gears, adjustable front suspension (i didnt want full suspension), disk brakes, shimano gears and shift links

vietdood
09-11-2006, 04:11 AM
bob bahan pool on 52nd and 14th ave. great place for doing laps since it's mostly just old people floating here and there. might be congested now since school is starting because they hold swimming lessons there as well.