PDA

View Full Version : MazdaSpeed 6 and 3

bigbadboss101
09-02-2006, 09:26 PM
I read on Edmunds that people are paying around $22k for their MS6. The Canada site said they go from $35xxx. Now that's quite a price difference.

Anyone went for test drive on the MS6? Read anything on the MS3?

Aleks
09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I read on Edmunds that people are paying around $22k for their MS6. The Canada site said they go from $35xxx. Now that's quite a price difference.

Anyone went for test drive on the MS6? Read anything on the MS3?

22K is US dollars. MS3 MSRP starts at $30,995 + fees and taxes. This car should not cost more than 29 grand IMO. But in Canada we get screwed on pricing seems like.

4doorj
09-02-2006, 11:49 PM
dont quote me on this.... but i heard they dropped the price in the usa because they werent selling as good as they planned...
but in canada they sold out right away

slowboy
09-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Really looking forward to seeing how the Mazdaspeed 3 performs.

rc2002
09-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Actually they still had some Mazdaspeed 6's at dealerships here in town. Me and my brother went to go test drive them when they were clearing them out. Definitely not worth $30k - worst handling mazda I've ever driven.

Mazdaspeed 3's are all spoken for though.

bigbadboss101
09-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Interesting the folks at Edmunds did a test of the MS6 and the LGT spec B and liked the MS6 better. The seem to like the engine of the LGTB better, and the MS6's handling more.

The $22k I read is from people who purchased the MS6 in the USA who got 3-4k off or more. In Canada they are listed as $35,xxx.

rc2002
09-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Out the door price was around $40k if I remember correctly. I think they were quite willing to move on price.

The MS6 handled like a FWD car. Felt very heavy and had lots of body roll. Turbo ran out of breath quite easily too. I would suggest going to test drive one before you make up your mind. There's a reason they're not selling.

bigboom
09-03-2006, 06:01 PM
yeah like my brother said we test drove it and i definetly would not pick one up. handles like a VERY heavy car which it is which also translates to lots of understeer. if you go to the mazda6 forums read up on the heatsoak issues with the engine setup. they should have went with a FMIC it seems.

also the interior is cheap, but it does have the keyless entry system which is nice cuz you never need to fumble for your keys again. and the wheels are fugly.

like aleks said it feels like a $30k car...not a $40k car.

max_boost
09-03-2006, 06:54 PM
It's weird reading your reviews on the Mazda Speed 6 and then hearing my buddy's reviews on them. He owns one and is always talking about how great it is LOL Even going as far as saying it'll beat my 55 in a race. :nut: :dunno: :rofl:

He also paid about $46k fully loaded for his out the door and said there were no deals to be made. ;)

bigboom
09-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It's weird reading your reviews on the Mazda Speed 6 and then hearing my buddy's reviews on them. He owns one and is always talking about how great it is LOL Even going as far as saying it'll beat my 55 in a race. :nut: :dunno: :rofl:

He also paid about $46k fully loaded for his out the door and said there were no deals to be made. ;)

ask him to let you drive it and then you can see first hand for yourself :)

its not a terrible car...but after considering either the legacy or ms6 for a long time and driving them quite a bit i still like the legacy a lot better. not to mentiont he real awd system not the awd when needed system...

and $46K? damn he got fleeced...whent hey first came out sunridge mazda was gonna let me walk out the door with a fully loaded one for $42K

bigbadboss101
09-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Will have to test the MS3 and MS6 out when I am home. Currently working in Fort Mac and the only Japanese dealership here is Toyota.

I liked the LGT when I tested it a couple years ago.

People in the US sounds like aer getting a few grand off MSRP.
$22-25k US OTD. Here it works out more like $35k US!.

The MS3 does sound exciting.

dino_martini
09-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Im pretty excited about the MS3. Its a pretty sweet little car, might have to check it out.

http://www.mazda.ca/root.asp

Aleks
09-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Im pretty excited about the MS3. Its a pretty sweet little car, might have to check it out.

http://www.mazda.ca/root.asp

It will be a cool little car but IMO it will cost too much. If it uses same ECU and engine as MS6 it might have the same problems.

rc2002
09-03-2006, 09:18 PM
:werd:

It will definitely cost too much for what you're getting. What's worse is that the hype is much like the Civic SI. The waiting lists are full and pricing hasn't even been released yet. A lot of people are going to overpay for that car too.

bigboom
09-03-2006, 09:45 PM
that turbo on the ms3 and ms6 is also at its max...i think i remember something like 15psi stock.