PDA

View Full Version : Mazda rX-7

dainom89
09-03-2006, 12:47 AM
I was just wondering, i heard that rx-7's theres some different things you have to do to maintain them from most other cars. I was just wondering the things were that u have to do??

dainom89
09-03-2006, 01:19 AM
:confused:

AzN'SKillZ
09-03-2006, 01:36 AM
maybe try to find a rx7 fourum

andres_mt
09-03-2006, 01:39 AM
I heard it's a good idea to change the apex seals upon buying a used rx7 or something like that.

Maxt
09-03-2006, 07:31 AM
You have to turn them upside and rub topical oitment on their underbellies every now and then... They really like it..

Crymson
09-03-2006, 09:16 AM
^^

You have to turn them upside and rub topical oitment on their underbellies every now and then... They really like it..

Then, in order to to exorsize the vacuum system demons, you have to wear a feathered headdress and sacrifice a chicken in the rad fan.

But there isn't much difference from a normal car, as far as procedures.

You have to continually check oil, as it's injected into the combustion chamber and will deplete as you drive (not to mention the fact that you will leak it from somewhere).

Don't use synthetic oil and chage it a bit more frequenty a piston motor.

You should idle it for a minute before driving.

And as with any trubo, you should idle it for a minute after triving.

With a third gen, you should start the car in first gear with the clutch in to avoid the "Accelerated Warmup system" that runs the car at 2k rpm for a few minutes to warm up the pre-cat that you SHOULD have removed.

Penguin_Racecar
09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Check your oil every time you get gas. It's a good rule to use with any car, really. As Crymson mentioned, the rotary is designed to burn oil. Since synthetic oil has a higher flashpoint it tends to not burn properly and can sludge things up.

Rotaries have a fairly high tendency to flood (not sure if this is still true for the 3rd gen and rx8). Letting it run for a little bit after driving it tends to take care of that most of the time.
With a turbo rx7, get a turbo timer. I haven't flooded my 2nd gen because I always let the turbo timer run for at least 10 seconds. This also helps cool down the turbo.

I change my oil every 3000km. I run 20W50 non synthetic, and it's cheap to change.

Besides that, maintenance wise they're just like any other engine really.

schurchill39
09-03-2006, 05:14 PM
My rx-7 has been the most reliable car I have owned. A few gremlins here and there but nothing I couldnt fix myself.