View Full Version : Self parking Lexus

FreeZLanD
09-03-2006, 12:58 AM
donno if repost but its pretty damn cool
http://my.break.com/Media/View.aspx?ContentID=149396&ChannelName=movies

djayz
09-03-2006, 02:55 AM
bmw came out with this last year
didnt put it in any cars but they were the first to bring the technology to life
great idea but the more we depend on technology the worse drivers we will have on the roads.

PSJanis
09-03-2006, 08:20 AM
if you cant park your car by your self....dont drive. cool technology, but they taught me how to do the same thing in drivers ed class.

I saw a thing about this technology on another site, and its also rumored that this system will park you in a regular parking spot too...the kind where all you have to do is turn in and pull up.

streetarab
09-03-2006, 08:24 AM
^^:werd: learn how to drive your car and it wont be a problem

CarbonCopy
09-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by PSJanis
if you cant park your car by your self....dont drive. cool technology, but they taught me how to do the same thing in drivers ed class.

I saw a thing about this technology on another site, and its also rumored that this system will park you in a regular parking spot too...the kind where all you have to do is turn in and pull up.

I agree. I'm all for technology, but driving is something that should still be trusted in the hands of a human.

What if the technology had a problem, a child ran out and the camera didn't notice?

Redlyne_mr2
09-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Yep Lexus has been developing that technology for a while now. They will be offering it in the new LS460. It was parrallel and regular park options. It has I dont know how many dozens of sensors, front, rear and side. If I kid runs behind, the car will catch that more so than a human would. It will also have something like 16 airbags, including pedestrian airbag and a 20 or so speaker stereo.

streetarab
09-03-2006, 01:05 PM
^^sounds like t3h g4y

Gurpy
09-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Yep Lexus has been developing that technology for a while now. They will be offering it in the new LS460. It was parrallel and regular park options. It has I dont know how many dozens of sensors, front, rear and side. If I kid runs behind, the car will catch that more so than a human would. It will also have something like 16 airbags, including pedestrian airbag and a 20 or so speaker stereo.

I don't really trust that much technology...not until it's had a few years of use to get all the bugs out at least.

Hoey
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Thats some pretty sweet tech but yeah...um learn how to drive.
Thankfully new drivers will most likely not be driving this new Lex-theyll have to learn the hard way:rofl:

carter_prelude
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
^ is ____

whats not to love about a 20 speaker sound system? lol
and 16 air bags? i'd want to be in there when in crashes, more so than anyother car

sounds like an amazing machine :thumbsup: for Lexus, i can only dream of owning one for now.

carter_prelude
09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
oops, that was directed at streetarab lol....damn you guys are quick

streetarab
09-03-2006, 04:05 PM
i enjoy more of a bare bones car, like something from the late 60's, no interior, no radio, and a big fuckin engine, if i could id drive something like that for the rest of my life

carter_prelude
09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
point taken, gay remark removed. lol. If i could afford something like that....and afford gas for it, i'd own one too