PDA

View Full Version : average price on a engineless civic????

Gravy_83
09-05-2006, 03:15 AM
So I have a practicly new engine in my ek but it's been across canada twice and sat in my yard for 2 years with no engine in it. And now it just needs way too much work to be worth anything. I want to find a mid 90's civic with no engine and swap mine over to have a reliable all year car. What would be a decent price to pay for someone's civic that has either a blown engine or none at all??? I mean my engine and tranny are practicly new with about 60000 kms on it. so.... anyone with any input on this?

djayz
09-05-2006, 04:36 AM
why not sell your engine and buy a car
for the price youll pay for a swap you can put towards a nice car

but if your looking for a shell in good condition with everything except a good motor/tranny im guessing around 5grand would get you a 96 body.

someone else should be able to tell you specifics but ive seen a few shells go for around that price.

AzN'SKillZ
09-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by djayz

but if your looking for a shell in good condition with everything except a good motor/tranny im guessing around 5grand would get you a 96 body.

im guessing a little cheaper then that u can get a 95 civic for around 35 hundred with a running engine.

rc2002
09-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Normally cars with no engines go for next to nothing. But it's different with Honda's. Half of the reason is because the cars are overpriced and the other half is because engine swaps are so easy and so common with those vehicles.

I'd say an EF can be found for about $1000 with no engine. But if you want one with a good body, maybe about $1500 or so.

Gravy_83
09-06-2006, 09:20 AM
thanks for the help. yeah I would buy another car if my financial state permitted it but it dosn't. I have other things that I want to get and trying to save money for more important things. Car isn't that important to me but if I can stick my engine in a straight body then I would be happy for a while

403Gemini
09-06-2006, 10:46 AM
good luck with the hunt man.

id say just find a high kms 3rd gen teg or high kms civic, but of course with high kms, everything else has had that much wear on it.

Gravy_83
09-07-2006, 08:10 AM
yeah but I wouldn't put my d16y7 in a teg though Wayne heheh. But yeah no way I would find many with as high mileage on the body as mine. I mean it's got over 300.000kms on the body. but engine is still nice and new. The hunt will probably start over winter and spring. to have it done with suspension and some minor engine work such as clutch and possibly boosting all to be done at once with the swap

403Gemini
09-07-2006, 09:44 AM
ah lol didnt know what engine you had :D

should be able to find some civics for a couple grand with 240,000 kms. still, thats close to your 96 shell now...

Gravy_83
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah but mine is all banged up...needs 2 front fenders, new front and rear bumpers, new passenger door, new door liners or whatever they called but basicly whole new doors hahah needs new window assemblys on both sides, exhaust, paint, my suspension is hella fucked up too. so yeah even a rusty civic would be better than mine at this point. I brought an alberta car who had never seen salt to the maritimes for a winter and a half so it basicly gave my car cancer