PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Broke Into

msommers
09-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Some time between 11:00pm last night and 12:00 this afternoon my car was broken into. They forced my passenger side window out and probaly unlock it with a hook or coat hanger or something b/c none of my windows are smashed nor are my locked popped.

I had:

All my electrican tools including a pretty new Dewalt drill

Large Book of CD's in a leather case

Alpine CDA-9851 deck

30G Black Ipod video (lots of Rise Against songs, mostly punk music, some techno from 'It's all gone Pete Tong' to help identify)

The Ipod has pretty good sized scratches on it but the deck is almost mint. All my tools are Klein brand, along with a few Husky wrenches.

Thank god I took my camera in with me last night as that is what I was doing, they left my tripod which is a relief I guess.

It occured right in front of my house in Mayland Heights NE. If anyone knows anything or has someone selling them this stuff for really cheap, please contact me, a $200 dollar reward is available for anyone that can get my stuff back.

I've filed a report with the police just now and still have to contact my insurance company. Thanks for looking.

Mikey_008
09-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Holy crap.....sorry to hear! Ppl like that should be shot!:guns:

mekeni
09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
sorry to hear that.... thats why I don't leave anything in my car anymore... nothing is sacred to those bastards anymore...

rc2002
09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
:guns: Thieves. I've had my cars broken into a few times now. They should really have stricter penalties for theft.

Good luck getting your stuff back. I never had any luck getting mine back. I think the stuff usually goes to the thieves friends or for their own personal use so it's hard to track down.

tapout
09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
fuckin crooks :thumbsdow

Mar
09-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Not a coat hanger, it's a metal rod. I caught the guy getting into my car the exact same way. He tried to stab me with the rod.

el_fefes
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
^Really? WTF

What did you do?

Supa Dexta
09-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Stealing someones work supplies is as low as it gets.. Not only do they not work, they prevent people who do work from being able to.. Its the same as the fucks that steal motorcycle helmets off bikes, or camping supplies off bicycles, what the fuck do you do when someone takes everything you need.. :guns: scum

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I know its not legit, but you had the original cd's for your ipod, if you need all of rage against the machine's mp3's back (or at least most) i can probably help hook you up with that if you run bittorrent.

But yea man thieves lick :( oh well, your home owners should cover most of that stuff that was stolen and auto for the rest.

Still blows, but at least they didnt take the car, right?

msommers
09-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Well talked to my insurance company. They will only cover the deck because it really is the only piece attached to the vehicle..which I expected and can understand. My deductible is 250 which makes it pointless to file a claim. She went on to say that some of my other material things might be covered under house insurance. My mom's deductible on that is 500 soo I dunno. If anyone has an MP3 deck they don't mind parting with I'll take it ASAP. I may end up just going to the big soundsurround deal thing as well but who knows. Now I understand how it feels when people are speechless and straight up SOL. I posted up flyers with the reward offering around my community hoping someone noticed or some parent's kids all the sudden have exess goods or the theives are dumb enough to return my stuff.....in which case I would probably grab my 'Big Red' wooden baseball bat. Thanks for the support guys

JordanAndrew
09-05-2006, 04:07 PM
That sucks ass, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be on the look out for these things, maybe some douche bag will sell it to me, I'll kick his ass for ya for free.

_integra_typeR_
09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
my buddies car in the sw got broken into as well. shitty thing is that both his cars were broken into and idiot wrecked his console but wasnt able to steal what he came for.

403Gemini
09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Well talked to my insurance company. They will only cover the deck because it really is the only piece attached to the vehicle..which I expected and can understand. My deductible is 250 which makes it pointless to file a claim. She went on to say that some of my other material things might be covered under house insurance. My mom's deductible on that is 500 soo I dunno. If anyone has an MP3 deck they don't mind parting with I'll take it ASAP. I may end up just going to the big soundsurround deal thing as well but who knows. Now I understand how it feels when people are speechless and straight up SOL. I posted up flyers with the reward offering around my community hoping someone noticed or some parent's kids all the sudden have exess goods or the theives are dumb enough to return my stuff.....in which case I would probably grab my 'Big Red' wooden baseball bat. Thanks for the support guys

That thats the crappy thing is all personal items are home owners and all damages/stereo/things built INTO the car are auto.

ex1z7
09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
What year accord do you have ?

And that blows royally hard.. I got my car stuck across town and came back to find everything open, windows/doors/trunk even the hood for some weird reason.. Thieves are retarded.

I hope you get something back at least ..

core_upt
09-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

That thats the crappy thing is all personal items are home owners and all damages/stereo/things built INTO the car are auto.

yeah, unless it's screwed into the car, it is claimed under house insurance. I believe this goes for subs and amps too.

Sorry to hear man, having your stuff jacked just plain sucks.

And as people should know without being told, don't by stolen goods - it just fuels the market for douchebag scum.

mutsuraboshi
09-05-2006, 05:01 PM
i feel your pain. two of my cars were broken into today at around the same time outside of my residence. nothing but a faceplate was taken from one of the cars. funny thing is they left the a power drill in my car i didnt get the time to see what brand it was but it was black and it didnt look new there was dry wall dust all over it. same as you, clean entry. only a few scratches on the window most likely from a slimjim

t-unit23
09-05-2006, 05:08 PM
vision is suppose to have some alpine deck on for like 98 it only 180 watt but it will due for the price
sorry to here that ... i know how it feel i have had my car broken into like 5time since i started driving 4 or 5 years ago it suck

Mar
09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Call the cops Forensics pulled a print off my driver's side window when they pried it out and used it to charge the guy.

msommers
09-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I had no idea that forensics did minor things like car theft. I'll look into it for sure thanks!

Spatz
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
i doubt they used a coat hanger
car glass is very flexable
so if you left your window open a even a crack
its very simple to get in
or if you have a new honda civic
the thief can just pry the window open
because the glass doesnt go into the door frame

:drama:

msommers
09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
You can tell something is wrong. The glass is on the other side of the weatherstripping.

I went out and checked my glass, there are a bunch of smears and look sort of like finger prints on the top of the glass! I'll be sure to mention this when the police phone me about the report. Thanks for the advice, I didn't even think of looking for something like that.

jdmakkord
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Take a look at the top rear corner of the glass, there is a round plastic flush mounted clip of sorts. I've seen plenty of cases where this was broken, making the window very easy to pull out. This clip is all that holds the window in the track. Very bad design on 90-93 accords.

bigbadboss101
09-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah I had mine broken into years ago. Now my car is clear as new inside. I dont leave anything in there except for cheap sunglasses and may be a plain jacket.