PDA

View Full Version : My 4th gen lude vs friends 5th gen lude.

ancient
04-22-2003, 10:53 PM
A buddy I work with has a 5th gen lude, all stock..... For awhile now hes been asking me lets race on our way home, he actually lives in the same community as me too, kinda weird....

So we head off home, and we end up at these set a lights together lined up.... hah of course, we roll down the windows...

He says "So wanna do this finally?"

"Sure might as well"

So its set, we wait for the light.... I drop from about 4500, perfect launch no wheel hop, quite impressed with that...

Going through first gear neck and neck.... 2nd my nose edges out...

3rd a car length...

Shift into 4th and shut it down, cause i was a car and a half ahead, and no point in taking up beyond that.....

Needless to say, I only have a short ram intake, full 2.25 exhaust, mild mild port and polish, and .25 over stock pistons.... (from my rebuild)

Still impressed with my car, as I was not sure on the actual performance, considering our rebuild was slightly sketchy, but im going 10 000km on it now and its still running strong.... Takes tons of oil but runs good.

Did a leak down test and compression test last week and everything is top notch.

His car has about 17 000km on it. Its an SH btw

RSeXy
04-22-2003, 11:07 PM
That sounds about rite?? i guess its all a matter of the driver...the hp and torque(?) is relatively close...i think there is a 5hp difference? but the SH model is heavier due to the ATTS. Max_Boost should beable to confirm this as he had an SH.

ancient
04-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Ya I know all the details about each car, I was just posting to pass the time for everyone :) something to read.

max_boost
04-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Well, time for you to move up the ladder!
Next up is the RSX-S, then type-R and then you come see me! haha j/k

shadowz
04-23-2003, 03:03 AM
Nice 4th gen taking down the 5th gen

sml
04-23-2003, 01:19 PM
I believe the 4th gen srv model does beat out even the base model 5th gen due to lesser weight. If it's the sh, then it'd be even slower cause the sh is like a couple hundred lbs heavy than the base due to its atts, but it's got the same engine. That and plus you got mods and you didn't mention about whether his car was modded or not...

buh_buh
04-23-2003, 01:25 PM
actually the SRV should be able to beat the base if drivers were equal and both were stock. And he did mention that the SH was bone stock.

donz
04-26-2003, 05:19 PM
but by how much? is there really that much difference in a straight line?

buh_buh
04-26-2003, 07:51 PM
like 0.2 or 0.3 seconds in 1/4 mile probably.

4wheeldrift
04-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by donz
but by how much? is there really that much difference in a straight line? As a rule of thumb, every 100 lbs of weight you remove from a vehicle will make you a tenth faster down the quarter. The difference wouldn't be massive, but it would be noticable.

buh_buh
04-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
As a rule of thumb, every 100 lbs of weight you remove from a vehicle will make you a tenth faster down the quarter. The difference wouldn't be massive, but it would be noticable. I don't think that's really that accurate. If a car ran 7's, I doubt 100 lbs would shave off 0.1 of a second.

4wheeldrift
04-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I don't think that's really that accurate. If a car ran 7's, I doubt 100 lbs would shave off 0.1 of a second. For most street driven vehicles, it applies. once you get to pro-stockers, the rules go out the window.

buh_buh
04-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
For most street driven vehicles, it applies. once you get to pro-stockers, the rules go out the window. yeah, true. The faster you get, the more this rule does not apply. But for the most part I think its true.