PDA

View Full Version : where can i get stitches?

saiyajin
09-05-2006, 10:33 PM
hey guys this might end up being a stupid question

anyways so i have had this cut for a whiles now but i usually just bandage it up and it heals up but then the wound would always open up again sometimes i get a month before that happens but sometimes a week and i hate all this bleeding
so now im thinking that getting stitches is the only way to actually close it up for it to fully heal up properly

so i was wondering is my family doctor able to do this for me or do i have to head over to the hospital(hope not i would prob have to wait 2days or something since its not 'life threatening') to get some stitches im thinking maybe like 5 i dunno never had stitches but ya any input would be appreciated :thumbsup:

ashee
09-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Usually walk in clinics and family doctors will give stitches for minor cuts

EK 2.0
09-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Most walk in clinics have the cool new quick stitch thing...but have you tried Krazy Glue...I have used it on a couple of cuts myself...

ashee
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Krazy glue actually works too, that was its original purpose.

shakalaka
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Just take the wound to your family doctor and leave it upto them to decide wether you need stitches or no. They'll tell you what to do, and if you do need stitches, you'll get some too.

tsi_neal
09-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Seriously youve had a cut that sounds like its been open for well over a month and you havent so much as gone to a drop in clinic...??? kinda scary, doctors arent evil people.

open a phone book and find the nearest medicenter or drop in clinic and get that looked at man. any medical facility will be able to take care of you. Although it sounds like your body cant heal on its own, and thats definatly messed.

lint
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
there is a finite time after the cut is opened when they will stitch it up. After a time, the concern is that the wound/cut may be infected and stitching it up may trap bacteria in the wound. If it isn't healing, best to get it checked out. Flesh eating disease, anyone?

saiyajin
09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
ya i have no idea what it is cuz it comes and goes like i said sometimes it was months till it would open up just lately its been frequent soooo .... i dunno hope its not something crazy :nut:

Originally posted by lint
there is a finite time after the cut is opened when they will stitch it up. After a time, the concern is that the wound/cut may be infected and stitching it up may trap bacteria in the wound. If it isn't healing, best to get it checked out. Flesh eating disease, anyone?

wouldnt they be able to clean it or something?? ya maybe i should have had it looked at earlier :banghead:

shakalaka
09-05-2006, 11:25 PM
^Dude...the first thing you should be doing tomorow is go have it checked out! Good luck bud, hope it's nothing serious!

saiyajin
09-05-2006, 11:27 PM
:werd: il be heading to a walk in clinic tomorrow as my family doctor i have no confidence in unless he is just prescribing me some cold medicine

xrayvsn
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
get it checked out, since it may not be closing properly because it is infected. For this reason, you will probably not be able to get it closed with either stitches or the skin glue. There is typically a finite time when you can still get wounds stitched closed, after which it will have to close by itself.

saiyajin
09-06-2006, 05:48 PM
well i went to a walk in clinic doc wouldnt give me stitches but had to pack it as what he described the wound kept healing over only the top so he had to pack it so it heals from the bottom up
will be going back on friday or saturday to get it reassessed to see if it needs to be packed again hopefully its not infected and he didnt really clean it before he packed it..:dunno:

shakalaka
09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh well as long as he didn't tell you that something else was up with it, I guess it shouldn't be too bad then, eh?

Usually if the wounds are infected you can tell cauz the white puss sorta substance comes on the surface of the wounds. I had a wound on the leg that got stitched up and infected and I could see white substance on it.

superboss
09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Docs wont stitch a person if the wound is more than a few days old. Super glue maybe your best bet.

snade831
09-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by superboss
Docs wont stitch a person if the wound is more than a few days old. Super glue maybe your best bet.

I was just going to mention that. Seriously though, if it's still bleeding months after it happend... wouldnt you think it might need a bit more attention than a bandaid?

fcuk_it
09-06-2006, 11:35 PM
i had a pretty big cut on my stomache trying to hop over a chain link fence when we had a huge waterfight at prarie winds park back in highschool but i was too stupid to get stitches so i got a few band aids and poly sporin and it healed pretty good but after a few weeks haha

Nav13
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
well i went to a walk in clinic doc wouldnt give me stitches but had to pack it as what he described the wound kept healing over only the top so he had to pack it so it heals from the bottom up
will be going back on friday or saturday to get it reassessed to see if it needs to be packed again hopefully its not infected and he didnt really clean it before he packed it..:dunno:

Haha do you mean pack it like how the black guy packs Russel Crowes wound in gladiator? But no really what do you mean by pack it, I am just curious.