PDA

View Full Version : Blackboard prob

msommers
09-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Anyone else having the problem of blackboard not displaying the courses yet for fall? I'm trying to know what books to buy and none of stuff is updated yet. Mind you I did just pay last night but didn't they do some patch work on blackboard?

spyce
09-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Nope. Mine still hasnt updated yet either. I just see the courses from my previous semester on it :dunno:

sh0ko
09-06-2006, 11:28 AM
there wont be updates till school prob starets man not to mention unles ur in block week right now ull only see what u took last year or summer

msommers
09-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Findin prof's emails are always a treat. Thanks though.

FishPoo
09-06-2006, 12:46 PM
All of my courses are up... some courses don't use BlackBoard? :dunno:

This is for UofC right?

If you want to see the required textbooks, just go to

http://www.calgarybookstore.ca/textbooks.asp and you select by course and section.

D'z Nutz
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Keep in mind that:

1) Newly registered students may not be added to a Blackboard course until 24 hours later

2) Not all classes use Blackboard

3) Courses that do use Blackboard may not show up in your account until the instructor activates it.

msommers
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Really, I thought all classes at least came from Blackboard and would provide a link to other places?

I also tried looking at the bookstore but just as my luck would have it, none of my profs have either put in their information yet or they are using the same texts as other profs who have submitted their info and didn't bother.

Finding prof's emails were actually quite easy to my suprise. Thanks for the help guys.

ProjectR
09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Anyone else having the problem of blackboard not displaying the courses yet for fall? I'm trying to know what books to buy and none of stuff is updated yet. Mind you I did just pay last night but didn't they do some patch work on blackboard?

I'm also having this problem, one of the classes i'm in has ppts that i need to print and study! this is at mrc right?

nosegrindR
09-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm having a similar problem with BB

it's still showing under 'courses in which you are enrolled' some of the classes that i have taken over a year ago.

i know that you can modify 'My Courses' to show which classes you are CURRENTLY enrolled in, but the previous ones have yet to be removed!

edit: i found out classes can be removed by clicking "Courses" on the top tab, i just find this a bit redundant since the university should automatically remove students from the list