PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning

Neons4life
09-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Well last week myself and a few co-workers decide to go out for lunch at the Metroploitan grill downtown.

I had the worst ever steak sandwich, when they brought it out it was full of fat, and not even a nice read color, but almost all white. I had it taken back and got them to get me another, and this one wasn't even much better, i noticed it was a little undercooked (like medium rare) but ate it anyways...Turned out to be a big mistake as I got food poisoning from it...took 4 days for it to hit me, but then I was sick in every way (if you know what I mean).

Then I come back to work the next day to find out a co-worker that also came with us ended up with food poisoning also from a pasta dish with chicken.

Needless to say I will never eat there again, and has turned me off from restaurant food period.

Should I file a complaint?

nusneak
09-06-2006, 07:26 PM
are you sure you can get food poisoning 4 days after eating food? I'd assume it would be pretty well digested by then.

natejj
09-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I've had my share of food poisoning, but never 4 days after.... 24 hours at the MAX.

YCB
09-06-2006, 07:38 PM
if you sent it back.. i'm sure you'll get a stomach ache... haven't you seen the movie waiting?? lol

meat would get dark if it was outside for too long..

bspot
09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Pretty sure 4 days is way too long for food poisining to kick in...

dj_rice
09-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah same here...4 days later...he must of ate somethin else between those 4 days too so he could of gotten poisoned from that

snade831
09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
It either wasnt the meat, or you have the slowest digestion system ever.

BigDannyCool
09-07-2006, 02:45 AM
it all depends what kind of virus you got. Signs of food poisoning can happen within hours or even a few days.

girlSTAR
09-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I've learned in nutrition class that food poisoning kicks in within hours of consuming whatever you ate.

max_boost
09-08-2006, 10:18 PM
4 Days? LOL

I work in the restaurant industry and if you called me and told me you got sick 4 days later.....well.....ummm.....yah....F-OFF

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

California is the best. Every restaurant you go to there is some sort of disclaimer along the lines of

'The food you are about to ingest may have come in contact with certain raw ingredients that may increase the risk of food borne illness.'

Or this one is unrelated but I still found it funny

'This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer.'

Ripper
09-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I forget the state I was in, (north carolina I think), but every place that served food that had a sanity rating in % form posted at the entrance.

Maybe more disturbing is at the dozen or so places I ate, none of them had 100%.

max_boost
09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
In LA you can request to see the Health Inspector's report. There was also an overall grading system A/B/C/D that is posted right in front of the restaurant door as well.

Now that shit is rigged and I will tell you why.

I somehow drove to a Popeye's in South Central LA haha it was the closest one on the Garmin. Anyway, it got a rating of A and the place was a shit hole.

Then I go to what looked like a 4-5 star restaurant and the rating is B. Ummm sure......

vietdood
09-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
'This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer.'

haha i got that warning on my fishing rod

smartcar
09-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by girlSTAR
I've learned in nutrition class that food poisoning kicks in within hours of consuming whatever you ate.

No, depends on what caused it, that only applies if the food poisoning is a type that has immediate impact, i.e on digestion, this table is pretty good:
http://www.foodborneillness.com/incubation-ranges.pdf

Generally:
chemical toxins: usually immediate
various bacteria and viruses: a few hours to a few weeks.

So you don't know. Get tested before you conclude that any specific thing got you sick, unless there were several eating the same thing getting sick at about the same time.

GQBalla
09-08-2006, 11:38 PM
i had food poisoning a few weeks ago - felt so sick - diareah 7 times a day.... barely could eat too... im still not sure what i ate bad it was either pho or kfc... HOPEFULLY its the kfc!!

Neons4life
09-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by smartcar

No, depends on what caused it, that only applies if the food poisoning is a type that has immediate impact, i.e on digestion, this table is pretty good:
http://www.foodborneillness.com/incubation-ranges.pdf

Generally:
chemical toxins: usually immediate
various bacteria and viruses: a few hours to a few weeks.

So you don't know. Get tested before you conclude that any specific thing got you sick, unless there were several eating the same thing getting sick at about the same time.

Thanks for the table, some good info there. I wonder if I should be going to the doctors to get tested, because what I caught I still have.

and to all those people who say that if it's food poisoning you get sick right away and not 4 days later, bite me :poosie: lol

Supa Dexta
09-11-2006, 06:14 PM
on 8th or 16th?

big changes on 16th, should be open again in another week or so.....