PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions about Mazda Dealers.

bennyhanna
09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
So

Im looking to buy a Mazda 3 for the GF and wanted to get some input of the better Mazda Dealers in town.

If you have an good or bad Exp.
Let me know!

4doorj
09-07-2006, 12:12 PM
go to the one on Center Street in calgary!
talk to donna!
i never bought a car from her!
but she is the nicest sales person i have ever met!!!:thumbsup:
i was kinda sad i didnt buy my car from her

Crymson
09-07-2006, 12:15 PM
The parts guy is good at North Hill (Centre street mazda) but their dealership is all tored up for construction right now, so i don't know what they have on the lot.

I wasn't happy with the service at Kramer, but it was only a limited experience, but it was enough to sour me.

403Gemini
09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
lol my experience with kramer (cut n pasted from another thread)

worst service i have EVER received was from Kramer Mazda.

Went there 4 times int he last year

1st time: me alone in t-shirt and jeans, cant blame em, i was 22 and looked 17

2nd time: went with my mom because she wanted to buy a used car there. not a SINGLE person talked to us and we were there for well over an hour (salesmen in the showroom were having a "safety meeting" or something)

3rd time: went with my dad about 8 months ago when i was first looking at getting a car. Was SERIOUSLY considering a mazda 3 gt, NO service after TWO hours. not shitting you either, we sat there looking at pamplets, looking at EVERY single detail in the showroom cars, and there were salesmen just sitting in their offices. it was a rainy weeknight, there was almost NOBODY else there. We even asked the receptionist if we could talk to somebody in the last 30 minutes. she paged probably 4 times and nobody moved. they looked up from their desks but probably though "meh, some other salesmen will deal with em"

4th time: about 2 weeks ago. I was lookin at spending about 25-26 grand on a mazda 3. Was there with my fiance and i just got home from work so i was still in my work clothes (dress pants, dress shirt, and tie) and after about 55 minutes in the show room the receptioninst CAME UP TO US (2 salesmen were just standing right there drinking coffee!) and asked us if we needed a hand. we said sure we'd love to talk to soembody. so she pages... twice... she shakes her head and walks into one of the offices and practically DRAGS a guy out. he asks me what id like so i tell him mazda 3 gt preferably white/black/blue in that order for colour preference, 5 speed. told him how much im looking to spend. so he hops on the website, i shake my head and say "no, how much do the cars on the lot cost, if i wanted to see website prices id be at home right now" so he slides a brochure (which i already had one in my hand) accross his desk and says "they range between 22-26 grand") so i just smile and get up and say "thanks"

went to the chev dealership, talked to the guy who sold my buddy a car 2 months ago, and i have NEVER had such good dealership.

Fuck it just astounded me at Kramer. I was at the auto mall awhile back (4-5 months ago) just kickin tires and even walked through the BMW lot and 2 salesmen came up to me. i was in my leather jacket and jeans and BMW sales reps came up to me and one even hung around with me and was showing me interiors and crap even AFTER i said i was just looking around, not looking to buy.

Fuck Kramer, their loss

(sorry to any employees that may work there that are on here, im sure some of you guys kick ass, i just showed up on the wrong nights)

i wouldnt recommend them to anybody

Lo)2enz0
09-07-2006, 01:42 PM
talk to nick at kramer mazda. he is a member on her and drives a mazda 3 that is getting boosted right now. i think his name on beyond is nix87

lint
09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't be overly concerned about which dealership when it comes to sales. Be concerned when you take your car in for servicing. No matter how good the service is that you get from the salesman, he'll forget all about you when the papers are signed. Just shop around and get the best price.

tylere
09-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I bought my 3 from Sunridge, they were OK to deal with. I went in there, talked to the salesman for about 10 minutes. He explained the car, gave me some rough numbers and he told me to take one out for a spin. He bought the car to the front, got out and said go give it some "Zoom Zoom". Never came with me for the test drive, no hassles at all. However there was still the typical haggling that most dealerships will put you through. In the end I got a good price and made them throw in 10 free oil changes, all weather mats, and the roof rack.

BTW I'm 21 and was only 20 when I bought the car. I was expecting to be treated like someone who was just looking around, kickin tires.

Graham_A_M
09-07-2006, 06:19 PM
dont go with an MX6.... God knows you'll be sorry.. I sure am after owning 4 over the years. :banghead:
Collectively they probabaly cost me $30k-ish in the form of non-maintenence repairs. (I thought that was normal)

RX_EVOLV
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I personally bought my RX8 from Kramer ( because of significantly better deal + MUCH closer to my house + newer/bigger service bay) , but i found my salesman to be a bit of an asshole ( not to me but just an ass in person). I honestly much prefer northhill mazda ( center street), very nice salesman there ( talked to some younger asian guy, cant remember his name), if only they could match the deal offered by Kramer i would've definitly bought my RX8 there.

mo_money2supe
09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
...talked to some younger asian guy, cant remember his name...

Depends how recently you went there. If it was some time ago, it was probably Regan; recently, probably Jeffrey.

I'd recommend North Hill as well ;) , for both service AND sales. Regan, who was once a salesman, is now working as a service guy. Great guy, very friendly, and most helpful.

As for salesmen, I'd recommend Donna as well. She sold my gf her Mazda 3 GT and gave her a great deal. Mind you, I kinda have a connection with them. And if you don't wanna be hassled/haggled about the sale, stay away from Adhid ("Ed" for short). Really nice guy, but can be rather pushy if you ask me. There are also a handful of other new salesmen there now too, but I don't know any of 'em, so maybe just stick with Donna or even Ken. If and when you hopefully buy it from there, make sure to go through Anthony as the finishing manager. He's easier to make deals with.

As for service tech's, I'd highly recommend Justin. Does everything by the book (as opposed to some who sometimes just goes by gut feeling) and does it incredibly fast too!

Anywho, if you need more info, feel free to pm me. Don't be surprised if you go in there one day (esp. the weekends), and see my car in there; I'm usually in there "visiting."

EDIT: Also, after their renovations are finished (they're still open during the renos though), it should look much more appealing with loads of customer goodies in and around. Visually, they should be up to par with, if not better than, both Kramer and Sunridge.

RX_EVOLV
09-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh i forgot to add I hate Sunridge Mazda, went there once, never going back there again. Poor service, very aggressive, and the salesman I talked to was also abit of an ass. He started banging the table and yelling at me (saying Im insulting him) after I returned a price for the RX8 to him ( a price whiche ended up being HIGHER than the deal I got at Kramer). He also lied to me about Grad discount and know abolutely nothing about the Car itself. ( after the test drive he said the car is and a quote " turbocharged... no.. supercharged!")

BlueFrenzy
09-08-2006, 01:13 AM
In my experience, Sunridge guys were overly aggressive and didn't budge as much in the price. Kramer was alright. I personally like NorthHill ... talk to Ken Ngan ... he's the assistant manager and was quite flexible in price. In terms of service, I too like NorthHill. Only thing that freaks me out is the limited parking, so if you're picking up your car in the middle of the day, you may be boxed in.

Service from Kramer and Sunridge (from what I have heard from the other local rx8club guys) is hit or miss. Because they are larger facilities, they do have more guys working there, so if you're unlucky, you may get the assclown working on your car. I find that with NorthHill, there is only a handful of guys that work in the garage and all are well trained.

?????
09-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
talk to nick at kramer mazda. he is a member on her and drives a mazda 3 that is getting boosted right now. i think his name on beyond is nix87

rc2002
09-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Kramer's been good to me. And Sunridge has been good too. I always get treated with respect there. I find that in general Mazda is better than Honda and leaps and bounds better than Subaru is for service.

bennyhanna
09-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Looks like Kramer
then
Sunridge for me!

:thumbsup:

Lex350
09-08-2006, 08:42 AM
I bought my car from Sunridge because they weren't willing to deal at kramer. That said the service department at Sunridge is horrible. I switched to Kramer and other than one incident when I was dealing with a new guy the service there has been top notch. I've also heard good things about North-Hill Mazda.

?????
09-08-2006, 08:55 AM
For all my Mazda 3 members in Calgary(mazda3forums.com) the cheapest priced 3's have all been purchased at North Hill Mazda.
But since theres a fellow 3 owner that works for new car sales at Kramer i would recommend you to him as he has been through the buying stage of the same car and would most likely match any price out there.

Service wise i've been to all 3 and the best service by far for myself is at Kramer even though it takes me 30 mins to get to.

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by bennyhanna
Looks like Kramer
then
Sunridge for me!

:thumbsup:

Why those two and not North Hill? It seems like there's been nothing but praise about North Hill and TONS of skepticism with Kramer and Sunridge. Based on that, why your choices?

bennyhanna
09-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Why those two and not North Hill? It seems like there's been nothing but praise about North Hill and TONS of skepticism with Kramer and Sunridge. Based on that, why your choices?

Agreed

I will check into all of them
:bigpimp: