PDA

View Full Version : prereq courses

Mr_John
09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey I've joined a class that needed a prereq by accident but it seems like a good course with the teacher. I also know a couple people in the class which makes me want to stay in the class. The problem is that I dont have an accounting class that I need in this class but I dont think it'll affect the class and neither does the teacher since its a marketing and management course.

Will I recieve credit for passing the course if I havent done all the prereq's yet? I've talked to the teacher and he said he doesnt know since he's new to the school and I've emailed then admin but they're all busy it seems. Anyone know? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

~Leah~
09-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Probably not but it all depends on the school. What school are you even talking about here? And you probably want to just stick to what the school tells you. They're the ones that will or won't give the credit.

Mr_John
09-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Probably not but it all depends on the school. What school are you even talking about here? And you probably want to just stick to what the school tells you. They're the ones that will or won't give the credit.

Sorry it was Mount Royal I'm talking about here. I usually do stick to the program schedule but I didnt notice the one prereq and I'd like to stay in the class. Hopefully someone will know but if not then I guess I'll have to wait for the email or try to get a hold of the department people again.

cynik
09-07-2006, 07:25 PM
No matter what school you're in, your best bet is to just talk to the head of your department. Sometimes they'll wave the prereq, or they might request you complete the prereq sometime down the road. You'd be surprised by what they'll do if you just ask them.

msommers
09-07-2006, 08:00 PM
+1 for this. It is my assumption that if you put in the effort to ask and seem remotely interested, they will usually swing things in your favor.