PDA

View Full Version : millenium car & truck sales

whitexboi69
09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
just wanna know if this is a good place? im interested in a car there but i dunno about getting a car from a used car dealership. i dunno if there shady or not. if u have any past experiences or know anything about this place please share with me
thanks

rc2002
09-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I see this name come up a lot even just here on beyond. I think used car lots in general are pretty shady business. I personally would buy from a used car lot as a last resort.

HondaRice
09-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I see this name come up a lot even just here on beyond. I think used car lots in general are pretty shady business. I personally would buy from a used car lot as a last resort.

Don't even go there if you don't know who the f*** your talking about. used car dealer doesnt mean anything its not like you dont get screwed worse buy new dealerships, expically the "big 3"

There are car dealers who are actually SMART meaning they can buy a car low and sell for profit, these people are usually GOD FEARING (non of this white trash sales tactics AT BRAND NEW CHRYSLER DEALERSHIPS) that will sell you a car where both buyer and sellers are happy.

then you get the crooked NEW OR USED dealerships, LIKE ROAD SPORT AUTO, MALBROUGH FORD, UNIVERISAL FORD, etc etec and pretty much the desperate American car dealers.

My family has purchased MANY cars from Millenium and we got the best service just buying our first car from themm basic honda.

jay42w8
09-07-2006, 11:12 PM
the salesman i had a chat with, Moe, i found to be very honest, both about the vehicle and their financing.....unfortunetly the 2002 Explorer i was looking at was fucked up haha

whitexboi69
09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
haha yeah i had a chat with moe too, seems like a good guy

Tik-Tok
09-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by HondaRice
... these people are usually GOD FEARING ...

Yeah, and Dubya, and the Republicans are also "god fearing", and they aren't shady at alllll. :rolleyes:

Back to topic, sorry never bought there, I can however vouch for the shadyness of "The Fast Lane" on Mcleod, and "Horton Road Auto"

asp integra
09-08-2006, 02:07 PM
i was actually over at this place yesterday to cehck out the vw gti 1.8t they had, i talked to both guys and they seemed very nice and knowledgeable, the cars they get are all fully inspected and they have the inspections on file that u can look at, also they said there is a 3 month warranty, i think this guys were very nice and seem to be running a good business

Masked Bandit
09-08-2006, 02:54 PM
I don't know if Millenium is any better or worse than the average used lot but be sure to see if the vehicle is from Alberta or somewhere out east (Ontario / Quebec). A five year old vehicle from the east has the underbody corrosion of a 10 year old vehicle from Alberta.

rc2002
09-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by HondaRice

Don't even go there if you don't know who the f*** your talking about. used car dealer doesnt mean anything its not like you dont get screwed worse buy new dealerships, expically the "big 3"

There are car dealers who are actually SMART meaning they can buy a car low and sell for profit, these people are usually GOD FEARING (non of this white trash sales tactics AT BRAND NEW CHRYSLER DEALERSHIPS) that will sell you a car where both buyer and sellers are happy.

then you get the crooked NEW OR USED dealerships, LIKE ROAD SPORT AUTO, MALBROUGH FORD, UNIVERISAL FORD, etc etec and pretty much the desperate American car dealers.

My family has purchased MANY cars from Millenium and we got the best service just buying our first car from themm basic honda.

Overreact much? My post was based on my experience at used car lots. I said that used car lots "in general" are shady and that I "personally" wouldn't buy from one.

Besides, think about it logically. Buying cars that are mint usually comes at a premium so there's not much money to be made off of them. Plus the reasonably priced ones don't come around that often. Paying a premium will put you at a competitive business disadvantage when other used car dealers are buying and selling cheap auction cars, eastern cars, accident rebuilds and so on.

thesmackdown
09-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Why dont you guys just do what the used car dealerships do, goto the auction and buy the same car for 5 grand less. honestly where do you think they get 90% of their stock, from people walking up and wanting to sell their cars to a lot....

CalgarySupra
09-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Moe is the best car dealer I know

whitexboi69
09-08-2006, 04:42 PM
yeah i did a vin check and the car im interested in is from ontario and its 6 years old, they got it from auction also

thesmackdown
09-08-2006, 06:12 PM
they always grab cars from auctions otherwise they wouldn't have a decent profit margin it is just kinda funny that more people dont go to these auctions to buy the cars. It is where we always go to buy our cars, cant stand buying a new car when you can goto an auction find a car that is 1-2 years old still has a good part of the warrantee on it and is like 6-7 grand....

canadian_hustla
09-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
the salesman i had a chat with, Moe, i found to be very honest, both about the vehicle and their financing.....unfortunetly the 2002 Explorer i was looking at was fucked up haha

bahahaha

honest guy, but he still is selling some pretty bad things..

I was looking at a 300,000km Jeep Grand Cherokee (2000) wanted $8,995 for it which was said to be in
"mint condition"
"you can hardly tell it has so many km's, it has been serviced extremely well.. by now, everything has broken and been fixed"
"it is a great deal"

truck was a pos, it was from out of province, and was probably used on the oil field as a rig truck.. buyer beware

stay away lol

barbarian
09-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by thesmackdown
they always grab cars from auctions otherwise they wouldn't have a decent profit margin it is just kinda funny that more people dont go to these auctions to buy the cars. It is where we always go to buy our cars, cant stand buying a new car when you can goto an auction find a car that is 1-2 years old still has a good part of the warrantee on it and is like 6-7 grand....

So what's a good auctioneer to go to?

marko polo
09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by thesmackdown
Why dont you guys just do what the used car dealerships do, goto the auction and buy the same car for 5 grand less. honestly where do you think they get 90% of their stock, from people walking up and wanting to sell their cars to a lot....

dont u need a dealers license to go ot most of these auctions?

$lick_rYz
09-08-2006, 11:10 PM
i recently bought a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S, it runs ok, except for the battery when it died on us the second week, I called up Moe right away and he was there to help me out boost it, cost me $200 to put a new battery and hook it up to a computer (canadian tire), other than that the "SRS" light is on sometimes the airbag light comes on and the park brake light comes on and off, I don't know if thats anything major but the results from canadian tire where it was supposedly hooked up to a computer, they found nothing wrong with it. But if i have a chance to re buy a car from there I wouldn't, just b/c of the experiance with the car, I m planning on going back there to see what they say about all those lights coming on and off (fukin pissses me off)

Das_Amaretto
09-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by marko polo

dont u need a dealers license to go ot most of these auctions?

Haha, nope, just Adessa.

Here's 2 good ones I frequent:

http://www.grahamauctions.com/

http://michenerallen.com/

enjoy :thumbsup: