PDA

View Full Version : S2000 A**

CarbonCopy
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
So I was driving up in harvest hills just 20 minutes ago, and some s2000 comes screaming up behind me on the harvest hill blvd exit off beddington blvd. He rides my ass since the other lane is blocked by cars and once he gets a chance he flies off like a bat out of hell.

Heres what I don't understand, this guy was within 2 feet of my bumper, on an offramp doing 90. What posesses someone with such a butt-f***ing-expensive car to take the risk of smashing it up at his cost for following too close.

If this guy in on beyond, seriously, I hope you crash. :whipped:

1-Bar
09-07-2006, 10:26 PM
description of local stookie??

kenny
09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Phew luckily I haven't driven there lately so I'm off the suspect list :)

CarbonCopy
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

20-25 year old white guy, shorter hair, sunglasses at night.

JVR1
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
that's a personal pet peeve of mine.. its probably just as bad to do but everytime someone does that to me a gear down a bit.. hit the brakes and then give it a bit of gas to give them the hint to back off..

EK 2.0
09-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Originally posted by CarbonCopy
20-25 year old white guy, shorter hair, sunglasses at night.

great so you described Corey Hart...now what did the car look like??

JVR1
09-08-2006, 11:07 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CarbonCopy
09-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
great so you described Corey Hart...now what did the car look like??

Black, stock, I wish there were more distinguishing characteristics. People like this just drive me nuts. Theres a time and place to drive fast, and its not behind me.

rc2002
09-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Welcome to Calgary. Is this the first time you've been tailgated before?

CarbonCopy
09-08-2006, 12:36 PM
No, I just found it kinda odd that someone with a car that expensive would ride within 2 feet of me doing 80.

rage2
09-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Heres what I don't understand, this guy was within 2 feet of my bumper, on an offramp doing 90. What posesses someone with such a butt-f***ing-expensive car to take the risk of smashing it up at his cost for following too close.
It's cuz you ruined his corner. I've been guilty of this myself a few times, but I'm usually really good about it. I'll slow down to clear some room for me for a good corner, then by exit I'll be on your ass, then slow down again to give u room and go back to a sane speed ;).

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-08-2006, 12:46 PM
^^ I'm a little guilty of that myself

Rav4Guy
09-08-2006, 12:51 PM
S2000 expensive? hmm not really.

Most of the time... all you need to do is... move over! :D

CarbonCopy
09-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I wish I could have, was a 1 lane exit ramp... Not a very smooth one at that too.

Im guilty of doing this to people who go ridiculously slow (30 KM/hr on a long offramp), but not at 80 :P!

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-08-2006, 01:29 PM
I take the onramp onto deerfoot from beddington at around 120... :angel:

DepTrotter
09-08-2006, 01:35 PM
So I was driving up in harvest hills just 20 minutes ago, and some s2000 comes screaming up behind me on the harvest hill blvd exit off beddington blvd. He rides my ass since the other lane is blocked by cars and once he gets a chance he flies off like a bat out of hell.

If this guy in on beyond, seriously, I hope you crash. :whipped:

i didnt know you could use a magic carpet on that exit

BlueFrenzy
09-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Some people are just clowns. Don't worry, we can get Stoppie after him.

403Gemini
09-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BlueFrenzy
Some people are just clowns. Don't worry, we can get Stoppie after him.

:rofl: maybe its cause i got 2 1/2 hrs sleep last night, maybe cause its friday, maybe cause the work day is FINALLY ending in 18 minutes... but i just laughed out loud and the peeps sittnig next to me just looked at me really weird lol

:thumbsup:

Vietsta
09-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

:rofl: maybe its cause i got 2 1/2 hrs sleep last night, maybe cause its friday, maybe cause the work day is FINALLY ending in 18 minutes... but i just laughed out loud and the peeps sittnig next to me just looked at me really weird lol

aww man, stoppie is like well known on here after the rx8 one HAHA

CarbonCopy
09-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

:rofl: :rofl:

1-Bar
09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Phew luckily I haven't driven there lately so I'm off the suspect list :)

oh I'm sure there will be a thread on your stookie soon...hehe

SilverStreak
09-09-2006, 08:45 AM
probably the same guy as that other thread about the dumb ass passenger in a black s2000.

Break testing a tailgater will get them off your ass quick.
If they hit you, it is their fault.

CarbonCopy
09-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by SilverStreak
probably the same guy as that other thread about the dumb ass passenger in a black s2000.

I tapped my brakes, and pressed them firmly. He was intent on riding me.

I'm gonna search that other thread... it sounds funny.

al-ti2d
09-09-2006, 09:31 AM
haha i think i know which s2000 you're talking about.. i see it quite often in harvest hills

atomic
09-09-2006, 10:19 AM
dinksforeyespassenger: "you should get one"

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144467&highlight=focus

:devil:

marko polo
09-09-2006, 10:57 AM
^^-- most likely the same car

cloud7
09-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

braking testing someone is never a wise idea (I have been guilty of this too)... tapping on the brakes is ok. Let's just say there are some seriously crazy, road rage drivers in Calgary. Brake testing them will just piss them off more. Just take it easy and get home safe guys.

GQNammer
09-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I take the onramp onto deerfoot from beddington at around 120... :angel:

OMG that's it?!?! omg If I apex that shit like initial D I can take that corner like at 150 y0!!! Tires be squeelin and shit WOW!!!

infected
09-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Saw this guy swerving through a construction zone once. Sooo cool.
:whipped:

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm fairly guilty of speeding (mostly on deerfoot) but i refuse to do it in construction or playground zones... pass me if you will... but I'm not gonna do it.

HiSpec
09-10-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm fairly guilty of speeding (mostly on deerfoot) but i refuse to do it in construction or playground zones... pass me if you will... but I'm not gonna do it.

:werd:
ususally i don't mind ppl driving fast, but in a sane and control manner. but when you speed through construction or playground zones/school zone, you get no respect from me, and i'll be cursing you and ur following generations hoping they'll get hit by a car when crossing in a school zone.

another things my buddy did to get tailgated off his back is. slam on the gas really quick then press the brake and twitch your car to look like as if you are gonna lose control. i'm sure he wont' wanna be following your ass anymore.

Pihsiak
09-10-2006, 04:16 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/pihsnemiak/CP/Caution.jpg

Problem solved.

Genjuro
09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SilverBoost
09-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by cloud7

braking testing someone is never a wise idea (I have been guilty of this too)... tapping on the brakes is ok. Let's just say there are some seriously crazy, road rage drivers in Calgary. Brake testing them will just piss them off more. Just take it easy and get home safe guys.

Yeah, if I truly believe someone is getting too close I'll tap the brakes just enough to get the lights, but not enough to actually slow down. I mean why would I want to get involved in an accident when that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid? Let the guy learn a lesson on someone else's clock thanks.

But even when I see someone come up on me quick and get a little close, I'll usually give them time to let off before I go getting all pissed about it. Like Rage eluded to, sometimes people just get up on you quick before they realize they were coming that close and if you just wait a sec they'll back down. I've done it myself, and once I realized I was too close I backed off to a safe distance.

But if someone continues to tailgate me at an unsafe distance to the point where I'm really afriad they'll crash into me at the slightest brake.... then even on a one lane road I'll pull over on the shoulder and wave them by. If you want to drive faster than me, by all means, let me move over and you can go as fast as you want. I'm not proud.

CarbonCopy
09-10-2006, 12:04 PM

I am too, never tailgate (unless their going ridiculously slow, like the other day a caravan was doing 20 on an offramp...) But I won't speed in any of those places, and I go 1/2 the limit past cops on the side of the road because thats an important law, and a huge fine.

SilverBoost, I've done that once... But I see so many jacka** drivers out on the roads that half the time pulling over isn't an option for me. Alot of times in a situation where they follow me I slow down right to the limit, very very slowly. This causes them to think that theres a cop I see, or something that I should slow down for without being noticed and then they give me space.

SilverBoost
09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
^^^

Yeah I hear ya.... sometimes there are more jackasses than options. ;)

CarbonCopy
09-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
^^^

Yeah I hear ya.... sometimes there are more jackasses than options. ;)

And thats when you have to get creative. In BC a truck driver almost took me out on the vancouver bridge, swerved into my lane and hit my mirror on the guard rail.

I pulled safely beside him, and he fingered me...

I chucked a bottle of ink I had for filling a pen at his window. Broke the ink ALL over the front of his truck, but didnt break the window.

It was dickheaded, but it felt good :)

ringmaster
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
lol Ive been straight up PASSED on an on ramp before

CarbonCopy
09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

Crazy.

I was so pissed when I got my mirror fucked up, I woulda thrown a brick if I had one.

SilverBoost
09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

Yeah I had that happen before as well, but on an exit ramp.... I don't think the guy actualyl had a clue because when he got beside me I gave him a look like, "are you a fkn retard or what?" and he backed off and pulled back in behind me.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-10-2006, 07:05 PM
When I drove my old accord, I passed this guy on 16th eastbound... I guess he got pissed off about it, because when i got on the offramp for 36th street (one lane) he passed me on the shoulder, fingered me, and then just took off... I didn't cut him off or anything... strangest thing ever.

CarbonCopy
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I've had weird crap happen too. I was on deerfoot sometime and a guy in a bmw pulled up, fingered me out of nowhere, I didn't know him either. Needless to say, he took off, and I wanted to know what his problem was so I followed him. He fingered me again, swerved onto the exit almost nailing the curb and took off.