PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Problem Solving Question.

miik0
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Ok, I tried to solve this problem for Math 1205 with Lagu, but I can't seem to do it at all. Any smartasses out there that could help?

Decode:

HOG KBEN BL EFH D UGLLGA HF YG WBAAGN YMH D WBQG HF

YG ABXOHGN. NBLSFUGQI BL JOGE IFM LGG LFKGHOBEX HODH

GUGQIYFNI GALG ODL LGGE YMH HOBER LFKGHOBEX EFYFNI

GALG ODL HOFMXOH. JBLNFK BL HODH ZMDABHI HODH RGGVL

IFM WQFK YGBEX BE LBHMDHBFEL JOGQG IFM QGDAAI EGGN BH.

DEIFEG SDE KDRG KBLHDRGL YMH FEAI DE BNBFH VGQLBLHL BE

HOG GQQFQ. B JFMAN QDHOGQ NBG FW HOBQLH HODE NQBER WQRK

HOG SMV FW KGNBFSQBHI. IFM KDRG IFMQ ODYBHL. HOGE IFMQ

ODYBHL KDRG IFM. B NF EFH YGABGUG HODH HOG LDKG XFN

JOGE ODL GENFJGN ML JBHO LGELG QGDLFE DEN BEHGAAHSG ODL

BEHGENGN ML HF WFQXF HOGBQ MLG.

max_boost
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
haha WTF

My brain hurts looking at it.

miik0
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I know. It's the craziest puzzle ever. I think you replace a letter with other letters to form a paragraph though.

BlackArcher101
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
B=A and D=I?

That's all I can see so far. Probably wrong though.

miik0
09-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
B=A and D=I?

I've actually heard that a couple times. So, it might be true.

mo_money2supe
09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
B=A and D=I?

It's really not that hard actually. But first things first, it's the other way around: B = I and D = A. Also, the first word is "the."

If you can understand that so far, the rest should come naturally. I'll write out the answer as soon as I figure it out, unless of course, someone else figures it out first!

BerserkerCatSplat
09-07-2006, 11:57 PM
E=N, I think.

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
E=N, I think.

You, sir, are correct! Keep 'er goin'!

BerserkerCatSplat
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED, BUT A FIRE TO BE LIGHTED. DISCOVERY IS WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT EVERYBODY ELSE HAS SEEN, BUT THINK SOMETHING NOBODY ELSE HAS THOUGHT. WISDOM IS THE QUALITY THAT KEEPS YOU FROM BEING IN SITUATIONS WHERE YOU NEED IT.

That's the first bit.

miik0
09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED, BUT A FIRE TO BE LIGHTED. DISCOVERY IS WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT EVERYBODY ELSE HAS SEEN, BUT THINK SOMETHING NOBODY ELSE HAS THOUGHT.

That's the first bit.

Yes, Finally! I got the answer from a friend. So, thanks anyway for the help guys. I won't write the answer yet so you guys can finish it off. But yeah, You're right so far. Have the same thing.

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 12:32 AM
There are a few words that don't seem to fit right. Either there are mistakes in the original paragraph, or I've made mistakes in my decoding.

There is a sentence, however, that says "Anyone can make mistakes but only an idiot persists in the error," so I think I'll let this statement conclude my thought and decoding for the night.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
There are a few words that don't seem to fit right. Either there are mistakes in the original paragraph, or I've made mistakes in my decoding.

There is a sentence, however, that says "Anyone can make mistakes but only an idiot persists in the error," so I think I'll let this statement conclude my thought and decoding for the night.

Yeah, especially that last sentence. "When" and "Intelltce" don't quite work out. Other than that, a fun little puzzle. :D

miik0
09-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Felt like the most impossible puzzle ever to me. Until I found out it was a cryptogram.

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 12:54 AM

Yeah, especially that last sentence. "When" and "Intelltce" don't quite work out. Other than that, a fun little puzzle. :D

I had to re-read that several times too. Obviously "intelltce" is an error, but if you place a comma before "when" (so after "God"), "when" can be made to work in the sentence.

But nonetheless, this was a fun waste of an hour of my time. At least my brain muscles are being put to use again!

Recca168
09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
must be some typos in there... i got this.... otehr then that with some punctuation... its readable

had frkm and intelltce in there

search an replace was great for this :)

miik0
09-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah this was an extremely long amount of giberish. So, I atually kind of expected typos. But you guys know what it's suppose to be.

samo147
09-11-2006, 01:18 AM
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

I think thats suppose to be the last sentence

EK 2.0
09-11-2006, 01:22 AM
isnt that a Plutarch quote??