PDA

View Full Version : Lens Cleaning?

Beanie_baby
09-08-2006, 12:36 AM
So i've noticed quite a bit of dust in my 75-300mm USM lens. It does show up in bright pictures and I just want to know where can I take it to get it cleaned out? The dust is in between the glass on the end of the lens and the glass thats inside.. If that makes any sense...:nut:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Wierd, inter-element dust rarely shows up on photos. Are you sure it's not dust on your sensor? :D

That aside, either send it in to Canon or take it to a local shop like The Camera Store. I'm not sure if TCS does lens cleaning, but it can't hurt to call and find out.

D'z Nutz
09-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Wierd, inter-element dust rarely shows up on photos.

:werd: dust inside your lens is very common and highly unlikely to effect your images. If are seeing something show up on your photos, it's probably something else.

That aside, either send it in to Canon or take it to a local shop like The Camera Store. I'm not sure if TCS does lens cleaning, but it can't hurt to call and find out.

The Camera Store will just send it to Canon Calgary. Unless you don't need your lens for atleast 4-6 weeks (quite possibly more) I wouldn't recommend sending it to them especially for something this trivial. Canon Calgary sucks ass. In fact, I'm so choked with Canon Canada's customer service level in general, I had even considered selling all my Canon gear and switching to Nikon. Yes, they're that bad. :guns: :guns: :guns: :drama: :english: